Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Will Baker, 5 star Center that played for Texas, last year is transferring. He would have been a Sophomore, this year, but hasn't played in any games. Wonder if Barnes would be interested ?

The 2021 Reclassification Carousel (247sports.com)

"The next prospect in 2022 to keep a close eye on is Brandon Huntley-Hatfield. The No. 6 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings has the option to make the jump to 2021 and is more than physically ready to do so and is certainly weighing that option. He's currently down to five schools - Auburn, Kansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Wake Forest - and is expected to make his decision in the coming months along with his option to reclassify. "

No new names to report recruiting wise. The staff continues to have good and steady dialogue with 2022 five-star Brandon Huntley-Hatfield. Look for the Vols to be a major player there and the possibility remains for him to reclassify into 2021.
Tennessee recently had a Zoom call with five-star Nashville prospect Brandon Miller from Cane Ridge High School. It feels like the Vols are in strong position for local 2022 four-star prospect B.J. Edwards at Knoxville Catholic though it doesn’t seem as though Edwards is on track to do anything early.
-VQ

The problem is Barnes Teams have a history of wearing down. .

I don't know if I can agree with that statement. Last year's team was getting much better at the end of the season. I didn't see evidence of them wearing down. I didn't see that the previous year either.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
We out on Charles Bediako completely? Seems to have interest in us but all the crystals say Alabama on 24/7

I do think BHH seems like the best option if he reclassifies to give us some size in this class.

We out on Charles Bediako completely? Seems to have interest in us but all the crystals say Alabama on 24/7

I do think BHH seems like the best option if he reclassifies to give us some size in this class.
Wow, Oats has been killing it in recruiting, especially if he grabs Bediako

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Those guys, and Kim English imo

I wanna see Kim take over another job as a trial run before i'd want him leading the ship here, but after Forbes, he's the next guy I want. I'd imagine if Barnes continues this success and retires on his own he'll be the one picking the next man up.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I wanna see Kim take over another job as a trial run before i'd want him leading the ship here, but after Forbes, he's the next guy I want. I'd imagine if Barnes continues this success and retires on his own he'll be the one picking the next man up.
I can see Schwartz getting an opportunity soon too.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
I’d hate to see the staff split up. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. Any of English, Schwartz, and Oliver minus the other two will be a much lesser staff.

Not only is this likely the best roster that TN has ever had, but the group of assistants might be the best ever. Although Stu and AW were excellent. Aberdeen and Tom Deaton in 1976-77 was top notch as well. There might have been a third in 1976-77 but I can’t recall his name.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back