Tennessee Transfer Prospects List

Vols2015

Thought to start of thread on Tennessee’s actual transfer prospect pickups. Who do we think are actual, legitimate pickups right now?

Jordan Lewis
Anna Makurat
Koi Love

Last edited:
I’ve not heard of any legitimate candidates. They really need kids from power 5 teams. A proven commodity against good competition. Who that would be is a good question.

I’ve not heard of any legitimate candidates. They really need kids from power 5 teams. A proven commodity against good competition. Who that would be is a good question.

That’s not uncommon. We don’t ever really know with this staff who is committed until they commit. Justine Pissott nobody knew and then she committed and she is one of the best shooters in her class.

Rather pointless thread. Fans have already been making wish lists in the transfer portal discussion, but it's highly unlikely we will have any idea who they're seriously in on until after the player(s) officially commit. And even then, it could be like last year when she got lower level players no one had ever heard of...

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Grad transfers are one thing because they are one and done. Undergrad transfers will impact 2022 and 2023 recruits. Would you rather get some top recruits in those years or get some transfers? It’s a gamble either way.

I guess the question is are we in on some of those top 22’ and 23’ recruits if not take the transfers.

this staff isn’t like the last where we knew who they were in on.

Do you think Kellie will be active in the portal?

Grad transfers are one thing because they are one and done. Undergrad transfers will impact 2022 and 2023 recruits. Would you rather get some top recruits in those years or get some transfers? It’s a gamble either way.
Willing to take a transfer with a proven record playing in power five less of a gamble than depending on a freshman to become and effective player. There have been some highly ranked freshmen that have flopped. If you could get a transfer that has proven themselves at this level why not? Especially a proven perimeter shooter which the team desperately needs. I wouldn't want to go with the Mid major players over a freshman but any power five that needed a change and has an effective resume should be welcome.

We need consistent guard play that can score and keep turnovers under 10 per game.

And I’ll add quickness especially at point. Compared to the best teams, our post are much slower and we lack perimeter quickness aside from Rae and Jordan. Overall, we aren’t quick or fast and the freshmen and sophomores even less so.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
And I’ll add quickness especially at point. Compared to the best teams, our post are much slower and we lack perimeter quickness aside from Rae and Jordan. Overall, we aren’t quick or fast and the freshmen and sophomores even less so.
They will be freshmen but Miles and Wynn are as quick as they come.

They will be freshmen but Miles and Wynn are as quick as they come.

Good to read on Wynn. Even if she’s a 2/3, we need quickness in addition to shooting. I have my doubts about Miles against good competition.

Good to read on Wynn. Even if she’s a 2/3, we need quickness in addition to shooting. I have my doubts about Miles against good competition.
As a shooter I think she is suspect but not as a passer and handler of the ball. She is top notch in those categories. Her offensive numbers look good this season 34 percent three point 47 overall and 16.4 points per game but she is suspect offensively. I think the biggest place she will help is against anyone that wants to press us next season.

Reactions: dtnvol and lfvol
Wish List: PG with range, Center, and elite 3p shooter. So if I were recruiting the portal it currently would be: Jordan Lewis, Dorka Juhász, and a shooter.

Dorka just started following UCONN we may want to let that one go ....
Not high on her at all. 48 percent shooter overall and 42 percent at the line. She is a good rebounder but to me she is a KK type player who misses a lot of layups. When you see a post up player that tall shooting 48 percent she is not making the close ones. A player her size should be in the high 50's or low 60 range.

Reactions: lfvol
Not high on her at all. 48 percent shooter overall and 42 percent at the line. She is a good rebounder but to me she is a KK type player who misses a lot of layups. When you see a post up player that tall shooting 48 percent she is not making the close ones. A player her size should be in the high 50's or low 60 range.
Is Dorka the type to miss a lot of layups or is she taking 15-18 foot jump shots that is lowering her FG percentage?

Is Dorka the type to miss a lot of layups or is she taking 15-18 foot jump shots that is lowering her FG percentage?
Have no idea know she shoots 20 percent from the three only took about thirty and only made 30 of 70 free throws so I would just foul her everytime she got close to scoring. 48 percent is fairly efficient about what KK shot. The foul shooting is 42 percent that is what you don't need. I much rather let Karoline play extra minutes she shot almost 90 percent from the foul line and 60 from the field. I know she doesn't have the experience, but if were going portal we need a more efficient player than Dorka. 248 points on 214 shots she is KK almost exactly on offense.

VN Store

Back