Tennessee Transfer Portal Targets

Lots of buzz right now that Oscar is coming back. Don’t know which one I would rather happen to be honest
I want Oscar back if I could choose. I want to beat that dirty punk. I also think his act is wearing thin and you’d see more flagrants on him. Not sure how UK is going to work out that rotation with Oscar not getting less minutes.

Reactions: Willy14
Hello All you may know me from Volquest. But I'm here to say Knecht is the real deal and we need him to complete our lineup. IMO he is much better than JJJ and Phillips. Been told by a Ducks fan they are expecting him to commit soon. Would like to know what Hubbs has to say in the Warroom tonight

Because none of our other guards could penetrate the way other teams 2 guards could. You cant have just one guy that can break down a defense. SG or CG doesnt make that big of a difference if they can penetrate.
And I still see that as a problem, next year, even with Dilione and hopefully ZZ. I'm also not a fan of any of our other guards from a ball-handling perspective. We have no one else that can get out and lead a fast break. Just guys who will slow it down and back it out because they aren't adequate ball-handlers who can push pace. Mashack is a willing attacker, but he's got maybe the worst handle on the team from a guard perspective.

Hello All you may know me from Volquest. But I'm here to say Knecht is the real deal and we need him to complete our lineup. IMO he is much better than JJJ and Phillips. Been told by a Ducks fan they are expecting him to commit soon. Would like to know what Hubbs has to say in the Warroom tonight
To whom?

Well, yeah, that's my point. We have some that seem to be minimizing the importance of the most important position on the floor, IMO.

I'm stunned by that line of thinking. A PG does far more than just get the ball across half court. No matter who else we add in the portal, if anyone, if it's not a PG we have huge questions at the most important position on the floor.

I want Oscar back if I could choose. I want to beat that dirty punk. I also think his act is wearing thin and you’d see more flagrants on him. Not sure how UK is going to work out that rotation with Oscar not getting less minutes.
I dont want to hear the announcers slobbering his knob all season.

And I still see that as a problem, next year, even with Dilione and hopefully ZZ. I'm also not a fan of any of our other guards from a ball-handling perspective. We have no one else that can get out and lead a fast break. Just guys who will slow it down and back it out because they aren't adequate ball-handlers who can push pace. Mashack is a willing attacker, but he's got maybe the worst handle on the team from a guard perspective.
Im hoping Carr, Jefferson or Dilione can handle well enough to attack the paint.

I wouldn’t say big minutes, but anywhere from 10-20 minutes if I had to guess. He gonna be needed.
yeah, I guess I was thinking it was possible Uros managed to stick around, though I know it's unlikely. I know we are thin at the 4 and 5 with ON, JP, and Uros going. Hope Estrella puts on some muscle and is ready to go.

Fred Biletnikoff was Mr. Stickum.
Fred introduced it to Lester for sure when he was a rookie. The NFL made it illegal because of Lester. Those Raider teams in late 70’s and early 80’s were entertaining.

“the NFL banned the use of Stickum with what is now commonly referred to as the “Lester Hayes Rule.” Even today, Rule 5, Section 4, Article 4, Item 8 of the NFL rulebook bans, “Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.”

I am telling you he won't have a great year if he comes back and that's partly why I want him to come back. Dude travels all day, gets away with assault, etc. I think it would catch up to him. Aidoo would own him and I want to see it.
Refs never call anything though. No reason to believe they start now.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
“Now all eyes turn to Northern Colorado’s Dalton Knecht. It’s a Tennessee-Oregon battle after Knecht shut down his recruitment following his official visit with the Vols and we believe he could announce his decision (much) sooner rather than later.

We’re told Knecht left his official visit more than impressed with the crowd of 58,000-plus at the Orange & White Game on Saturday at Neyland Stadium and definitely noticed how Tennessee’s basketball players were treated by fans while at the stadium and around campus.

The staff was encouraged coming out of a Zoom meeting with Knecht on April 11 and were even more encouraged when they were able to get him to campus for an official visit three days later. So Tennessee is definitely a major player for Knecht as his recruitment nears an end.

We’ve heard conflicting things all week long regarding Tennessee’s chances with Knecht, but on Thursday evening it seemed like people around the Vols’ program were optimistic about their chances. We’ll find out pretty soon if those sentiments were warranted.”

VN Store

Back