Tennessee to the triple option!

No they're not in the sec because a long time ago they got upset people took their football more seriously than school. They were charter members but chose to leave

Actually that is not the whole truth Dodd (Coach) wanted to do away with 140 Rule and the SEC powers (Alabama) refused to yield, his and GT's arrogance caused GT to leave SEC and they lost their edge in the CF world. So it appears some of their fans and Administration were dumbA$$ as well.

I think if you go back and watch the TN Nebraska game, you'll find that the option didn't have much to do with that beatdown. NB ran a lot of option in 1st half and Vols' speed kept it contained. In 2nd half, however, NB pretty much just ran off tackle and Vols couldn't stop it.

In the 90's if you look at NB's offensive line, I bet you'll find they were loaded with 5th year seniors year after year.

What was that no name school that had Bama tied at halftime in Tuscaloosa a few weeks ago? Weren't they running the triple option? Bama had a tough time adjusting to it.

We could run the wing T diguise with our regular offense we have always run. The read option is OK when the QB reads the defense. But if we run the wing T at least we are moving beside standing there to read the defense. We could set up in a wing T but go in motion and run our regular offense. We've always been to pretible on offense. I wish we would diguise or offense more with different sets on offense even with a power-i.

Georgia would already be well versed to defend it with GT on the schedule every year.

While I would say a resounding no to this as a primary offense.

However, what I always thought we should do is make the triple option and a few other trick play type offenses a staple of the two and three deep players.

Say things are stalling a bit with the opposing team defenses. You throw these guys out with the option or other type offense, catch them off guard and confuse them, make um burn some timeouts and get some momentum going.

Just when they start to figure it out, you pop the first teamers in there and confuse them some more. It would also result in more preparation for opponents due to different schemes and their focus would be spread thin.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
This would be the worst move ever. In fact, it would be the “John Currie” of coaching decisions.

VN Store

Back