Tennessee Tech

This year, I think I'm going to root for...FSU...like to see coach win one. If it comes down to an SEC team and them, all bets are off, but that man deserves to win one.

I go down every year or two for a weekend series in Tallahassee. Loads of fun! Martin has 41 years in a row of 40+ win seasons...........yet no NC! weird. Hope he gets nit this year.

Does anybody remember the pitcher that got hurt from TT when they played us. Was he able to return or wqs ut a seqson ending injury? TIA

He hasn't pitched since. It really hurts them in a regional and was a big reason they didn't win the ovc tounrey.

I give them next to no chance to win the oxford regional

Tech wins 6-4. Both OVC teams need to figure out how to get a bunt down in play somewhere besides back to the mound. Morehead had a chance to get a runner to third with 1 out last night in extras and the 9-hole failed to get 3 straight bunts down. Tech had a runner at 1st and was trying to get a sac bunt down on a 3-0 count. Luckily the kid couldn’t get it down. Walked next pitch.

Later in the 8th after runners got to 2nd and 3rd with no outs, Tech strikes out, then bunts right back to the pitcher. Luckily he threw it away or the game would probably still be going on.

I know the bunt is a dying art, but it is maddening watching these teams lose games because they can’t get one down when needed.

Tech wins 6-4. Both OVC teams need to figure out how to get a bunt down in play somewhere besides back to the mound. Morehead had a chance to get a runner to third with 1 out last night in extras and the 9-hole failed to get 3 straight bunts down. Tech had a runner at 1st and was trying to get a sac bunt down on a 3-0 count. Luckily the kid couldn’t get it down. Walked next pitch.

Later in the 8th after runners got to 2nd and 3rd with no outs, Tech strikes out, then bunts right back to the pitcher. Luckily he threw it away or the game would probably still be going on.

I know the bunt is a dying art, but it is maddening watching these teams lose games because they can’t get one down when needed.

Ain't no bunting in the OVC!!

Seriously those teams have no idea what a bunt is and shouldn't really

Well it cost Morehead a chance to be in the winner’s bracket today. Lol

I hear you. Honestly I think teams like that shouldn't even try to bunt. Their ballpark is under 300ft in Rf so it isn't a big part of their game.
Just turn and burn all the time imo

It's mind blowing to me that Tennessee Tech is one of the last 16 and this is the debate.

I mean I ain't setting out for the Shoney's in Cookeville or anything, but good grief.

It's mind blowing to me that Tennessee Tech is one of the last 16 and this is the debate.

I mean I ain't setting out for the Shoney's in Cookeville or anything, but good grief.

You have been around long enough to remember I think

RA Dickey starting on Friday night and closing games on Sunday for Rod D.

You recall that?

You have been around long enough to remember I think

RA Dickey starting on Friday night and closing games on Sunday for Rod D.

You recall that?

Actually, I do not, though you rightly point out that I am old enough to remember it...

All I will say is this...

On one hand, win...

On the other hand don't lose...

Stricklen isn't doing a good enough job and Tech's coach is, but at the risk of a pitcher...

Like in the football forum, Pruitt should win 9 games...

even though we were 0-8 in SEC games last season, Appy State has a better chance of winning 9 games...

Tech just did it in baseball.

Actually, I do not, though you rightly point out that I am old enough to remember it...

All I will say is this...

On one hand, win...

On the other hand don't lose...

Stricklen isn't doing a good enough job and Tech's coach is, but at the risk of a pitcher...

Like in the football forum, Pruitt should win 9 games...

even though we were 0-8 in SEC games last season, Appy State has a better chance of winning 9 games...

Tech just did it in baseball.

Strickland should have 3-5 arms just like Moths on his roster.
No excuse in that state with that scholarship situation for him not to be loaded.

VN Store

Back