Tennessee Tech

The best team in the state imo.

Huge game for Tech in that it's an at large type game for them. I don't think the ovc has ever gotten 2 bids but this could be the year

There was a year about 3-4 years ago where APSU would have been an at-large if they had lost the OVC tournament. They ended up being a 2 seed in Indiana’s regional.

Last edited:
There was a year about 3-4 years ago where APSU would have been an at-large if they had lost the OVC tournament. They ended up being a 2 seed in Indiana’s regional.

Pretty sure APSU was never a 2 seed

Would love to know for sure

Edit: they were a 2 seed.
Impressive

Last edited:
D1 just released their rankings this week and Tech is finally in it. #25

It'll be interesting to see where Collegiate Baseball Newspaper has them. They were at 21 last week. I wouldn't be too surprised if they crack the top 20 this week.

Which poll is the best thought of? I have seen the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper poll be used a lot and Baseball America.

Reactions: 1 person
It'll be interesting to see where Collegiate Baseball Newspaper has them. They were at 21 last week. I wouldn't be too surprised if they crack the top 20 this week.

Which poll is the best thought of? I have seen the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper poll be used a lot and Baseball America.

Good question

I trust D1 better but I don't know really

Moths is one of my best friends. We grew up 15 min from Knoxville, it was a joke that he wasn’t recruited to UT.

TTU practically has OVC in wraps. So they have options.
Will they pitch a weekend starter to keep streak alive or will they throw a midweek starter? Who knows. But either way I expect they to throw some big numbers on the board. Dave Serrano said "hi" them earlier in the season at his new stop and left with with 8-0 and 9-1 losses. They may be a small school but they carry a big stick! The stats they are putting up are crazy. School record 11 homers in 1 game earlier this year! 3-4 hitters in top 25 in nation in HR. Its just insane when you break it down.

Got some free time? Go watch the FSU vs TTU games from the regional last year at FSU. They have the same team but their best hitter from last year decided to not play his Sr year and take an engineering job. Only thing missing from this team is pitching depth. But Moths moving from bullpen to starter has helped alot.

Alot of people look at their ERA and laugh BUT you have to remember how hard it is on pitchers when you constantly have huge innings at the plate. Too much time on the bench cooling down and warming back up to be very effective if you ask me. Should be a great game to watch. I am a huge UT fan but this game means more to TTU and I hope they pull out the W on this one.

TTU practically has OVC in wraps. So they have options.
Will they pitch a weekend starter to keep streak alive or will they throw a midweek starter? Who knows. But either way I expect they to throw some big numbers on the board. Dave Serrano said "hi" them earlier in the season at his new stop and left with with 8-0 and 9-1 losses. They may be a small school but they carry a big stick! The stats they are putting up are crazy. School record 11 homers in 1 game earlier this year! 3-4 hitters in top 25 in nation in HR. Its just insane when you break it down.

Got some free time? Go watch the FSU vs TTU games from the regional last year at FSU. They have the same team but their best hitter from last year decided to not play his Sr year and take an engineering job. Only thing missing from this team is pitching depth. But Moths moving from bullpen to starter has helped alot.

Alot of people look at their ERA and laugh BUT you have to remember how hard it is on pitchers when you constantly have huge innings at the plate. Too much time on the bench cooling down and warming back up to be very effective if you ask me. Should be a great game to watch. I am a huge UT fan but this game means more to TTU and I hope they pull out the W on this one.

With SEMO coming to town this weekend, which is a big OVC series and SEMO is currently in 2nd place in OVC, Tech will focus most of its attention on league play first. However, if the game is close, there may be some surprises coming from Tech. Tech will pitch Nic Dye (LHP). Tech started out the year allowing teams to rack up runs, but the team has been really good since around the West Virginia game and the ERA started going down. Actually, hitters 2-6 have 12, 12, 11, 12, and 12 HRs respectively this year. Wow, that's hard to believe, but it's true.

Last edited:
I think Heflin shuts them down. He seems to have found another gear and is motivated. Also, Benoit, Lingo and Shultz all need some work and will pitch based on CTVs interview.

With SEMO coming to town this weekend, which is a big OVC series and SEMO is currently in 2nd place in OVC, Tech will focus most of its attention on league play first. However, if the game is close, there may be some surprises coming from Tech. Tech will pitch Nic Dye (LHP). Tech started out the year allowing teams to rack up runs, but the team has been really good since around the West Virginia game and the ERA started going down. Actually, hitters 2-6 have 12, 12, 11, 12, and 12 HRs respectively this year. Wow, that's hard to believe, but it's true.

Looks like Bragga took my recommendation on the starter. Don't sleep on the bottom of their lineup as well Osborne, Harris and Kaleiwahea have been hot the last couple of weeks. Don't know if Kaleiwahea will catch the midweek game though. Does anyone know when they will make the decision on whether to play or not?

You really don’t think they want to play? Need the W and the RPI points....just wanted to play Wednesday and not Tuesday IMO.

Why else would we not put a tarp on the field?

We have people on the payroll who do that type of work.

VN Store

Back