Tennessee Spring Practice #1

Why are you so dismissive of a player. Are you seriously saying that if these two play well, you still want someone else to play. What is that desire based on?
Not being dismissive just looking at it through a talent perspective. Nothing wrong with wanting one of our prized recruits to develop ahead of a walk on. Btw I’ve always rooted for Davis, he’s from Bluff City and I’m from Kingsport. I always root hard for players from home.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Curious if we ever get anything out of Emmanuel Okoye. Really seems like we're gonna be portal dipping at TE forever.
He was always going to be a long term project. Hopefully we get some good reps out of him in 2025 or 26

I think the black box is a G meter.
These usually go inside the helmet. My son was part of a helmet study in middle school. The kids would run over to the technician recording data to see if their big hits showed up, LOL. Most parents were convinced their sons had been exhibiting concussion symptoms since long before football.

Why? In your mind it is impossible for them to improve? In reality, Spraggins will probably be the starter come spring, but Dayne Davis has had a good number of really good reps at guard. Lampley have had several good reps as well. Let's hope that the actual offensive gurus associated with our program make their own determinations.
I love the idea of Davis at LG. His feet aren’t quick enough at Tackle, but I think he might be a mauler at G.

May be closer to the truth…they are experimenting with communications in the helmet this year. Heup said there is a shortage of helmets. Maybe it is homemade communication until they get the right helmets.
The only communication allowed would be between the quarterback and coach and defensive captain, usually the middle linebacker and coach. One per side of the ball. The squares are part of the extra padded shell.

Curious if we ever get anything out of Emmanuel Okoye. Really seems like we're gonna be portal dipping at TE forever.
He literally JUST started playing football...give the kid a chance, man. He has a 45.5 vertical and an 11' 3" broad jump. Once he learns technique and how to play, he will be a problem.

I don’t think he will ever help us on the OL. We need to get a youngin all the reps this spring and hopefully will be able to fill in. We need to move on from him ever competing.
We might get something in the next portal session. Could be just depth but you never know if a really good guy gets beat out and wants a change of scenery. Most likely, we'll add something

Reactions: valoisvol
May be closer to the truth…they are experimenting with communications in the helmet this year. Heup said there is a shortage of helmets. Maybe it is homemade communication until they get the right helmets.
Day 1, Week 1 of Spring Practice.

I'm somewhat doubtful they're doing much in the way of specific play calls.

VN Store

Back