Tennessee Spring Practice #1

”Routes on Air….”. That has to be the dumbest description of throw and catch that has ever been developed. When baseball players are throwing, warming up, at practice or before a game, what’s that called - “Infielding or Outfielding on air?” No - it’s warming up. That’s all “routes on air” are - they are warm up. Why not just say “The QBs and Receivers looked sharp while warming up prior to actually running routes.” Clever is not always clever. Just call it what it is - they are warming Up. Now, I’m going to the driving range to “golf on air” while waiting to actually play golf. Then I’m going to have some “bourbon on air” while I’m waiting for a good wine with dinner. And then I’m going to”watch TV on air” while I’m waiting to watch the last episode of Masters of the Air…. And that was really in/on the air…. And yes, get off my lawn while you’re at it! GBO!
I took it to mean on air as in what the media could film. Could be wrong though.

Spraggins is obviously the RG. Lampley is just fine at LG.
Absolutely not, as stated before if Lampley starts the line is in trouble. Elarbee already gets more credit than he deserves at this point.

”Routes on Air….”. That has to be the dumbest description of throw and catch that has ever been developed. When baseball players are throwing, warming up, at practice or before a game, what’s that called - “Infielding or Outfielding on air?” No - it’s warming up. That’s all “routes on air” are - they are warm up. Why not just say “The QBs and Receivers looked sharp while warming up prior to actually running routes.” Clever is not always clever. Just call it what it is - they are warming Up. Now, I’m going to the driving range to “golf on air” while waiting to actually play golf. Then I’m going to have some “bourbon on air” while I’m waiting for a good wine with dinner. And then I’m going to”watch TV on air” while I’m waiting to watch the last episode of Masters of the Air…. And that was really in/on the air…. And yes, get off my lawn while you’re at it! GBO!
Feel better?

Reactions: butler5
Absolutely not, as stated before if Lampley starts the line is in trouble. Elarbee already gets more credit than he deserves at this point.

Vols led the SEC in Rushing in 2023, and had the 4th fewest Sacks Allowed, with a QB that sometimes held the ball a little long. Recall many stated prior to the season that the OL was the team’s biggest ?.

And the Vols had the best Offense in the country in 2022.

IMO, Ellarbee and the OL don’t get enough credit. Really wish more here would understand that our RBs & WRs don’t just teleport themselves for those thousands of yards, and wish more folks would actually watch our OL work together & win their assignments vs ONLY notice our OL when a play isn’t well blocked.

Thank every one of you for your comments and observations. Learning a lot about the 2024 Vols. I'm sure we have a long way to go and the fall is going to be real interesting with the changes and new mix of teams. Just saying a prayer for good health and staying out of trouble. All players on deck come kick-off for first game.

Why? In your mind it is impossible for them to improve? In reality, Spraggins will probably be the starter come spring, but Dayne Davis has had a good number of really good reps at guard. Lampley have had several good reps as well. Let's hope that the actual offensive gurus associated with our program make their own determinations.
OL should not be an issue this year.

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back