Tennessee Softball 2024

I don’t want her gone. I want her to change or go. Her Choice, you must grow every season. She wasted CWS winning type talent this year. Whether she needs to call the pitches different, get different assistants, whatever she has to do but status quo is not acceptable. For those that don’t realize…..The SEC will be exponentially harder next year with Texas and OU and there are going to be several SEC teams not named UT in CWS.
If they were WCWS talent they would have won yesterday or today. They had every opportunity to win. We had NO clutch hitters. We have the best pitcher in the country and couldn't score 1 run. Now CP knows how MA feels.

Karlyn is the real deal.
What impressed me most about Karlyn was how much of a mental turnaround she did this year. She is a gamer. I watched her last year, and her mechanics are the same. It was clear to me she knew how to pitch; the struggles she had were above the shoulders, which were fair and understandable at this level for a freshman. She reminded me of so many of our pitchers who came in highly-touted with great skill but fizzled out. I had serious doubts about Karlyn headed into this year, especially since we didn’t get anyone from the portal, because it’s easy to fix mechanical issues. The mental part is a different beast. And I highly doubt Karen adjusted her coaching style to fit Pickens or treat her with kid gloves. The fact she overcame that in a single offseason, after what some would argue could’ve been a demoralizing defeat against OU last year having not thrown much that season and being thrown in the fire… That told me she’s “built different,” as the youngsters say. Almost like, “You’re not going to beat me.” You could see the mental change not just in the win column or with her accolades but in the moments that led to those things—her demeanor on the field, the confidence to go at batters, the reaction to big strikeouts. That’s what set her apart in my mind as a generational talent (as opposed to the velocity or ability to mix speeds) on Rocky Top. Easy for OU to go out and get the Paige Parkers and Keilani Rickettses of the world (and keep them in this day and time with the portal), but for everybody else, it’s not. So I hope we manage to keep Pickens and get a title with her. She’s special.

Last edited:
I don’t want her gone. I want her to change or go. Her Choice, you must grow every season. She wasted CWS winning type talent this year. Whether she needs to call the pitches different, get different assistants, whatever she has to do but status quo is not acceptable. For those that don’t realize…..The SEC will be exponentially harder next year with Texas and OU and there are going to be several SEC teams not named UT in CWS.
Your right, it's her choice, to change or not. Either way she's not going anywhere. So you should find another team to cheer for .

Aggressive response. Maybe you don’t have reading comprehension to actually process my comment, But you do you.
You can't make demands and be taken seriously. You're a nobody , just like me. All we can do is support the players and coaches we have. The players and coaches feel 1 Million times worse than we do. Their the ones that work their tail off to get to where we were.

I got a lot of negative reaction a couple of weeks ago when i thought this team might be a tad overrated. LSU now getting dog walked. SEC down to Florida and Bama and no one believes Bama belongs. Looking like the league was good but not elite.

Tell me this? No way you can replay if the challenges are up. no way can be reviewed before the 6th inning. Stupid rule, I think that umps try to do it right, but can't see everything.

For peace of mind several of you just need to accept Karen and enjoy what success she brings despite her faults. Shes gonna primarily give you decent seasons, conference titles every now and then and trips to WCWS on occasion. Is she prob gonna win it all? Probably not. Her sample size it big enough to say it probably wont happen. Shes gonna drop some shouldnt along the way but it just is what it is. Shes not leaving.
Did not think Kellie Harper would have been let go this year but AD White said it was time. I think Weekly's time left is short if she doesn't make the WCWS.

Agreed. In a lot of media press conferences she talks about changing the way she coaches and yes some players will agree, but you look at some of the top programs certainly coaches that have made the wcws they let their assistants do what they were hired to do. Granted we don’t know if things would have played in our favor if Megan called pitches, but why bring her on if you are just going to have her relay signals from the dugout & go out on the occasional mound visit? She probably spends the most time with the pitchers let her call the game & focus on the big picture of the game.

VN Store

Back