Tennessee Softball 2024

And they haven't hit for the last 6 weeks. Batting Average is below .250 for the team during that time. Extremely poor. They are mailing it in.

Just when I think you have maxed out on dumb posts…I see this. No athlete is “mailing it in” in the playoffs. If anything, they likely are pressing too hard.

Poor G she is like a bad fielder the ball will always find them and with her the big hitting spots find her. Hopefully tomorrow she will get it done. She is not alone in the need to get going. As Scarlet O'hara would say but tomorrow is a new day. Karlyn sounded more mad than defeated in that video she may start.
“I can stand it then. Tomorrow, I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.”

I hope Karlyn isn’t the only one mad.

Good example of good coaching would be how Murphy is taking a bad Alabama team and completing against a very good Tennessee team. Why is Murphy being successful because his team is making adjustments and using the scouting report on our team from playing each other throughout the year. Also he moves runs with the small ball.
OR maybe this shows how badly he has coached and misused his talent all season! All in one’s perspective and agenda. Making adjustments late in the season is not a virtue. Doubt many of our players think Coach rather than themselves was responsible for the LOB issue yesterday. Which Coach better positioned the teams throughout the extras?

OR maybe this shows how badly he has coached and misused his talent all season! All in one’s perspective and agenda. Making adjustments late in the season is not a virtue. Doubt many of our players think Coach rather than themselves was responsible for the LOB issue yesterday. Which Coach better positioned the teams throughout the extras?
Have you watch Alabama this year. This is Murphy’s worst team for talent ever. I’m sure the players are taking accountability but it’s on the coach to manage the game, with bunts, steals and hit in runs. And Weekly has failed doing that all year and a good example of that yesterday. We aren’t Oklahoma and can’t wait on the homer…. We need to be more aggressive on the bases and moving runners. Put the pressure on the defensive. We have done a good job with power this year but we need to also manufacture runs against good pitching.

Also, I haven't seen enough teams or learned about the benefits of the split grip on the bat. I am sure all the players learned the game without this grip. Let's go away from it.

Whomever came up with the split grip ridiculousness should be banned from the game. What advantage could it possibly be adding when having both wrists near the other obviously helps with the speed and control of the end of the bat?

Every time I see a batter using that grip I think how there’s only one bright spot to my dad being dead, and that’s that he didn’t live to see this split-grip foolishness!

And yes, I know Kiki has had a stellar career using that grip. But it’s because she’s a stellar natural athlete, not because she splits her grip. Grrrrrr. I hate it!

*climbing off my soapbox*

Whomever came up with the split grip ridiculousness should be banned from the game. What advantage could it possibly be adding when having both wrists near the other obviously helps with the speed and control of the end of the bat?

Every time I see a batter using that grip I think how there’s only one bright spot to my dad being dead, and that’s that he didn’t live to see this split-grip foolishness!

And yes, I know Kiki has had a stellar career using that grip. But it’s because she’s a stellar natural athlete, not because she splits her grip. Grrrrrr. I hate it!

*climbing off my soapbox*
I wouldn’t say it’s a bad thing to coach but I do agree not every athlete needs it. The old ULL coach was notorious for teaching it and he always had a top offense. It’s hard to have a split grip but also have the lift type of swing.

I am not surprised that split grip and lift hitting mechanic is here because Malveaux was on staff when lotief was still coaching at ULL

Last edited:
That game yesterday brought back bitter memories of the Monica Abbott fiasco in the championship series so long ago. Brilliant pitching with absolutely zero offensive support. I'd hoped I'd never see a repeat. I just did.

VN Store

Back