Tennessee Softball 2024

Miami (OH) is definitely the team I'm most worried about in our Regional and maybe even more than anyone we might see in the Supers. They mash. I know their competition has been inferior, but watch that Oklahoma game highlight. They have not seen a staff as good as ours and we should be able to hit their pitching. I hope that is enough. I know we officially can't, but we should be recruiting some of their players for the portal and maybe their hitting and S&C coaches as well.
Hopefully Pickens is on because Miami faced and beat Gottshall multiple times when at BG. She has definitely improved though and now has a better defense and offense behind her. I think that a different result is in store this weekend with a KP, PG combo.

From this point forward we should not have to be dealing with bad SEC officials??? I thought the NCAA assigned them now?
The NCAA does assign them, but all but two of the umpires that worked the World Series last year did SEC games. They do assign crews regionally for this opening weekend, so it will likely be people that Tennessee has seen this season.

Miami (OH) is definitely the team I'm most worried about in our Regional and maybe even more than anyone we might see in the Supers. They mash. I know their competition has been inferior, but watch that Oklahoma game highlight. They have not seen a staff as good as ours and we should be able to hit their pitching. I hope that is enough. I know we officially can't, but we should be recruiting some of their players for the portal and maybe their hitting and S&C coaches as well.
Then your worries should be minimal.

This may have already been discussed, but does anybody know what dirt Coach Murphy has on one or more of the higher ups? This isn't the first time they've gotten absurd favoritism. And I'm sick of being matched with them in the Super.
I’m going to have to disagree with you there. While I agree they are slightly overseeded, I would much rather play Alabama in a super than any of the other teams seeded 9-16. Outside of the Saturday game in the regular season last year, and the fluke 1-0 Sunday game down there this year, we have had their number in a big way the last two seasons. Anything can happen in the postseason, but if they get out of their regional, that is a positive matchup for us.

I’m going to have to disagree with you there. While I agree they are slightly overseeded, I would much rather play Alabama in a super than any of the other teams seeded 9-16. Outside of the Saturday game in the regular season last year, and the fluke 1-0 Sunday game down there this year, we have had their number in a big way the last two seasons. Anything can happen in the postseason, but if they get out of their regional, that is a positive matchup for us.
Oh, I absolutely agree that it matches us with the weakest seeded team, but I'm sick of seeing them get over seeded and even more sick of having to play them in the postseason. They're the most corrupt program in all of sports and I can't stand having anything to do with them. And that's the nicest way I know to say it.

Oh, I absolutely agree that it matches us with the weakest seeded team, but I'm sick of seeing them get over seeded and even more sick of having to play them in the postseason. They're the most corrupt program in all of sports and I can't stand having anything to do with them. And that's the nicest way I know to say it.
Ratings

So far, I've only seen the NCAA broadcast(UT) on ESPN+
Sunday's games I don't know what's going on, they don't either(ESPN)

That’s it. Same reason FSU would see OU in Supers as a rematch from last year

Grand Canyon is in UCLAs region cause they beat them last year

It’s about the storylines
I guess that's it, but it's still wrong. And I want no part of any story involving that bunch. Just hope somebody can knock them out of their regional.

TV/streaming has only been set for the Friday games. ESPN assigned its #3 crew (Frede/Shipman) to Knoxville this weekend, which suggests to me that there is a very high probability of the Saturday/Sunday games being on TV and not just ESPN+.

Remember, however, that they frequently put quality matchups in softball and baseball on ESPN+ to encourage new subscribers.

TV/streaming has only been set for the Friday games. ESPN assigned its #3 crew (Frede/Shipman) to Knoxville this weekend, which suggests to me that there is a very high probability of the Saturday/Sunday games being on TV and not just ESPN+.

Remember, however, that they frequently put quality matchups in softball and baseball on ESPN+ to encourage new subscribers.
Sounds good, especially #3 Madison/Eric? Also 7 inning Softball whatever it's called, I'm sure we'll get the good coverage. I think SECNet has Florida.

ESPN knows exactly what’s going on. They decide which of their platforms they need to push which day.

They need rising subscriptions so they rotate games people want to see sometimes to their paid streaming platform. It is all about growing subs for Disney/ESPN.

I would almost bet that they are showing only on ESPN+ early to try to get panic subscribers, and that it will be on SEC+ or ESPN3 also.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is an honor for her, but I have to be honest. I think all of these young women would be much better off to get on with their lives after college. There is no money to be made in “professional” softball.
Majority will. Playing professional regardless of money is for the minority in the game. Small window of opportunity and could open up more doors.

VN Store

Back