Tennessee Softball 2024

Excellent start to the season already some heroics. Destiny looking to get that starting job. She with just a minimum of at bats looks to be one of the most improved players on the team. I think we have the players to have a really strong lineup 1 through 9 some are not playing enough right now that should be. Hopefully the coaches are going to make starting on player performance. That happened in game two last night as Destiny got a start. A Leach should be pressing for a start as well 2 for 2 says let us look a little further at her.

If we can win today we sweep Baylor at their place just like they did to us at our place last season. Been fun to be able to watch the early games although I wish ESPN plus could afford another camera or two as some of the action gets missed.

I listened to the games so haven't seen them play so have a question for those who have seen them ...How does the starting pitching look ....any freshmen pitchers going to help this year ?

Reactions: krichunaka
I listened to the games so haven't seen them play so have a question for those who have seen them ...How does the starting pitching look ....any freshmen pitchers going to help this year ?
No freshman pitching this season think there is one on the team. Coaches using two pitchers Orsini and White as openers then the two top pitchers try to close out the games. It has worked well thus far. Gottshall has looked really great. Pickens still seems to have some control problems that get her in trouble, but she kept working out of it in the game yesterday. She only gave up one earned run a homer.

My biggest beef with Weekly. Development is not her thing. You either show out as a freshman pitcher or its off to baseball Siberia.
You either show out early in games/innings as a pitcher, or the hook comes quickly out...She is not a believer, generally, in building confidence over time.
High School softball pitching as greatly improved over the last 5 years and most of the top college teams now have good pitching. If you give up 2-3 runs early in the game and do not pull a pitcher who is ineffective, you will have little chance of winning that game. If you pull her early, you have a much better chance of wining that game.

Reactions: volinjax
No freshman pitching this season think there is one on the team. Coaches using two pitchers Orsini and White as openers then the two top pitchers try to close out the games. It has worked well thus far. Gottshall has looked really great. Pickens still seems to have some control problems that get her in trouble, but she kept working out of it in the game yesterday. She only gave up one earned run a homer.
Thanks.Am concerned that Pickens and Gottshall will not perform well enough to get us to the promised land @ World Series .....hopefully Orsini and White will come thru big time and show vast improvement as the season progresses. Then again ,maybe the hitting/offense of this team will be enough to carry this team thru some rough pitching starts .

Thanks.Am concerned that Pickens and Gottshall will not perform well enough to get us to the promised land @ World Series .....hopefully Orsini and White will come thru big time and show vast improvement as the season progresses. Then again ,maybe the hitting/offense of this team will be enough to carry this team thru some rough pitching starts .
Not to worried about Gottshall she seems even better than last season. Pickens need more information, but didn't like her control of pitches in the game yesterday. She certainly has the speed and potential to be one of the best to ever pitch here.

VN Store

Back