Tennessee Softball 2024

So so first inn
1st Inning Play-by-play

PlayScoring Dec.BatterPitcherOuts
Top of the 1st - LSU Batting
Redoutey grounded out to p (0-0).G1RedouteyK. Pickens0
EBriggs reached on an error by ss (0-0).E6BriggsK. Pickens1
Newland grounded out to 1b unassisted (1-1 BF); Briggs advanced to second.G3UNewlandK. Pickens1
Gutierrez grounded out to p (3-1 BBKB).G1GutierrezK. Pickens2
LSU Inning Summary: 0 Runs, 0 Hits, 1 Errors, 1 LOB
Bottom of the 1st - UT Batting
K. Milloy flied out to lf (0-0).F7K. MilloyLynch0
M. Gibson lined out to 1b (1-2 SBK).L3M. GibsonLynch1
BBZ. Puni walked (3-2 FFBBFBB).BBZ. PuniLynch2
1BR. West singled up the middle (2-2 BKFB); Z. Puni advanced to second.1B MIR. WestLynch2
S. Nugent flied out to cf (1-2 FBK).F8S. NugentLynch2
UT Inning Summary: 0 Runs, 1 Hits, 0 Errors, 2 LOB

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Defensive savant??

Savant may be a little strong but she is solid in the field and can play multiple positions. I have not been a G fan because of her anemic bat but have had a change since seeing her play 1st. Not the best catcher but played the position well last season. When you have a lineup of good hitters there is a spot for players like her.

Don't know if it was mentioned in earlier posts but much of the Lady Vols basketball team and Coach Caldwell and her two female assistant coaches came out to support the softball team tonight. Coach Kim was introduced to the crowd to a loud ovation and even led cheers to the crowd with the leader of the Lady Vols crazies or whatever they're called.
Also, I noticed that Bella Faw was walking quite well without crutches and was wearing a very minimal walking boot. I would say the time is fast approaching when she will return to the lineup, possibly against Alabama and definitely against Kentucky. We'll see if Coach Karen reshuffles the infield again to make room for her.

Kiki was in a boot right up until she returned to play so that doesn't reason out. You can't go by that.
That was a sprain, where you’re in a boot off the field even after you’re back playing. Kiki only missed a week. Faw had a break and hasn’t done anything softball related for more than a month. I’d be stunned to see her play again this year.

VN Store

Back