Tennessee Softball 2023

View attachment 531466Malloy is ranked 13th best player. Ashley Rogers number 16 and Payton Gottshall 71.
This is pretty impressive but there are not 12 other players better than Kiki! Ashley may be a little high as overall player but she is one of the top 16 pitchers . Payton i dont know about but from all i hear she is pretty damn good as well. Best pitching we have had in many years potentially top to bottom!!

This is pretty impressive but there are not 12 other players better than Kiki! Ashley may be a little high as overall player but she is one of the top 16 pitchers . Payton i dont know about but from all i hear she is pretty damn good as well. Best pitching we have had in many years potentially top to bottom!!
Yes ratings are just something to look at we know there is not a player better than Milloy and I don't know of even ten pitchers that are better than Ashley.

FYI - Transfers Out
--------------------
KK McCRARY - Tennessee to Auburn
MADISON PACINI - Tennessee to ?
MADISON WEBBER - Tennessee to Johnson U., Knoxville (NAIA)
ANNA FOX - Tennessee to Michigan State
SAMANTHA BENDER - Tennessee to Florida
BAILEY McCACHREN - Tennessee to North Carolina

FYI - Transfers Out
--------------------
Hmmm… that’s a rather disappointing list. Playing time is valuable.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
FYI - Transfers Out
--------------------
Pacini stayed at UTK, but attended on the softball scholarship? I remember seeing “Tennessee Softball Scholarship Recipient”

Reactions: Hoosier
Was in the vicinity today so I swung by and watched an hour of practice. Defense was practicing throws with ROB. Interesting positions for today, Giulia caught the entire period, Rylie in RF, Lair and Dez at 2B and Taylor in LF and went to 3B when Zaida ran. Play of the day was Dez snagging a line shot up the middle and tossing back to double up a runner on second. To me the message is clear, if you can hit Karen will find you a position, she is going to write in 9 girls that can swing the bat. These observations today ONLY.

Was in the vicinity today so I swung by and watched an hour of practice. Defense was practicing throws with ROB. Interesting positions for today, Giulia caught the entire period, Rylie in RF, Lair and Dez at 2B and Taylor in LF and went to 3B when Zaida ran. Play of the day was Dez snagging a line shot up the middle and tossing back to double up a runner on second. To me the message is clear, if you can hit Karen will find you a position, she is going to write in 9 girls that can swing the bat. These observations today ONLY.

Name of the game today. If you dont have that mentality or darn near close to it you will be left behind. If you couple that with good pitching you will win a ton of games.

How are you able to watch an hour of practice. Aren't the practices closed to visitors. I assumed they keep the gates locked.

Unless D is covid year bad you go with the bats with power first. You just have to walk into one. Plus I am way past losing in the regionals. Seen that horror show too much.

We currently have two proven pitchers... we have depth but don't have trust. Patience will be needed with Pickens and White needs to overcome the mental game that's held her back.
I would not call her elite but White really progressed last year when they began to trust her more. She was getting people out and her confidence grew hopefully that continues this year.

I would not call her elite but White really progressed last year when they began to trust her more. She was getting people out and her confidence grew hopefully that continues this year.
She stayed in town over summer and worked with a outside pitching coach to help get out of her own way. Which has paid off. Concern for White is that she has Ashley and Payton in front of her and not much circle time heading into her JR. year. And the hype of Pickens, how does she handle it all.

She stayed in town over summer and worked with a outside pitching coach to help get out of her own way. Which has paid off. Concern for White is that she has Ashley and Payton in front of her and not much circle time heading into her JR. year. And the hype of Pickens, how does she handle it all.
It is just my perspective that she was more affected by the coaches opinions than competition with other players. Where is Simpson at these days? Not sold on her stuff at all but maybe she will take a jump.

VN Store

Back