Tennessee Softball 2023

Why would you put Kirkpatrick in as a pinch runner. Whoever batted would have been faster

If I’m reading the lineup card right, she and Ahlin were the only position players still available, you have to leave somebody available to be an injury replacement, and she can play more positions than Kirkpatrick can. I’m not sure that I would’ve made the substitution if she’s not significantly faster than Gibson, but it’s a small thing. Gibson wouldn’t have scored in that situation, either.

There’s no way you bring Orsini in. Why is she even up in the pen.

They have the other back up pitchers throw their bullpen sessions during the game, rather than earlier in the day or after the game. That way if they are needed in the game, they aren’t already spent. They probably don’t always show it on TV, but if you’ve been to any games, you notice how often they have people throwing in the bullpen that are obviously not going to get in the game.

Some get partial more than you think get nothing. Academic and hope are important. That is why everything being equal you take the Tennessee girl. You would be surprised who is not getting athletic money. That is why if your child wants to play softball better have good grades though NIL may have changed that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It was once said that 11.7 scholarships(I think). Explain to me how it works. We've got 16 active in the field and 6 pitchers.

11.7 is baseball, softball is a full 12. You have six or seven that are on full aid, then you split the remaining money up amongst the rest of the roster. The positive is, with the rule changes a couple of years ago that allow you to give full cost of attendance and academic related bonus money, most of the players end up getting a dollar value that is equivalent to a full scholarship even though those two categories are prorated based on what percentage scholarship you are on.

They have the other back up pitchers throw their bullpen sessions during the game, rather than earlier in the day or after the game. That way if they are needed in the game, they aren’t already spent. They probably don’t always show it on TV, but if you’ve been to any games, you notice how often they have people throwing in the bullpen that are obviously not going to get in the game.
Great way to get an additional bullpen session in. They are doing full sessions and velo balls too.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back