Tennessee seeks 6th year of eligibility for Maggitt

he will get the 6th yr pretty easily but i wonder what he wants to do. If hes able to come back i think he will.

This entire discussion is built off the errant assumption that Curt Maggitt is out for the year.

Last I heard, it's anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Six weeks puts him healthy at the Alabama game, with Bama, Kentucky, USCe, Mizzou, N Texas, and Vandy all remaining to be played. Not to count the post-season.

So let's stop writing him off for the year. It's kinda disrespectful to Curt, tbh.

Reactions: 1 person
This entire discussion is built off the errant assumption that Curt Maggitt is out for the year.

Last I heard, it's anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Six weeks puts him healthy at the Alabama game, with Bama, Kentucky, USCe, Mizzou, N Texas, and Vandy all remaining to be played. Not to count the post-season.

So let's stop writing him off for the year. It's kinda disrespectful to Curt, tbh.

i agree. could be 5-6 weeks. that gives him 6 regular season games plus a bowl game and whatever else. If hes able to play i hope he can. I would hate to see him lose another season.

I feel for the guy, but at this point, I think it's clear his body can't handle football. He should take his great attitude and move on with his life.

But he might could get a masters or something if he comes back to prepare for life after football. Also, it could be good for him if he goes into coaching, training, or something involving the sport

If he can't make it in the NFL, this would be a great option for him and us (UT) imo

But he might could get a masters or something if he comes back to prepare for life after football. Also, it could be good for him if he goes into coaching, training, or something involving the sport

If he can't make it in the NFL, this would be a great option for him and us (UT) imo

He will finish work on his masters in December of this year.

Like I said yesterday, I believe he will try to play here again this year and then move on with two degrees in hand, whether it's to the NFL or the business world.

Reactions: 2 people
I really hope they give him another year, but we all know how the NCAA is. Man Maggitt has had the worst luck with the injury bug.

May I point out they are "seeking" a 6th year. That doesn't mean he has to use it if granted. It's smart to keep your options open.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back