Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

There is no marginal white QB this fanbase won't stan for.

Reality check: The staff tried to give Bailey the job in the spring and he couldn't take it. Had every opportunity, he just isn't that good.
Why insert race where no one else has? I don’t want a marginal QB regardless of what shade of brown their skin happens to be. UT had 4 talented guys to start the season. The best man won. His skin had nothing to do with it

Why insert race where no one else has? I don’t want a marginal QB regardless of what shade of brown their skin happens to be. UT had 4 talented guys to start the season. The best man won. His skin had nothing to do with it
Pretty dumb comment but apparently junk like that is allowed on here

I noticed you have no answer in all that nonsense. Rather than lying about a supposed 'crush', tell us why a 5-star QB with ridiculous stats should have been overlooked for Joe Milton ?
Maybe because Joe Milton beat him out. Maybe you should let that sink in before responding again.

Ridiculous stats? High school? Do you know how many guys have great hs stats and aren’t good in cfb? He may find a place to have a good career. It won’t be UT simply because he could not beat the other guys out. There’s no agenda to cheat him

Wow.. Couldn't wait to quote my post huh? GT is a disaster, they've won 9 games in 3 years, and they MIGHT be taking a chance on him lol

Guess there's still hope for your savior, if that's something to hang your hat on..

You literally said he would land a group of 5 school "if that." Not to mention, he had several other Power 5 schools looking at him.

And he never was my savior. I was on record plenty of times saying I thought he would start the year as 2nd or 3rd string. He just isn't a great fit for the offense.

Just take the L dude.

Totally agree. Dude is spouting off like we’re still in the 70s.

It might apply to a very small portion of this fan base, but I think the vast majority just want to win. We’ve praised and criticized plenty of players on here (especially QBs) of all stripes.

It's was glaringly obvious with the number of folks clambering for Maurer of all people to replace Guarantano. So many posts pushing Bailey to get in when Hooker was putting in record numbers.
I can't believe you're seriously using this as your example. JG was HORRID and everyone, black/white/red/yellow/Blind, could tell except our inept HC at the time.

It's was glaringly obvious with the number of folks clambering for Maurer of all people to replace Guarantano. So many posts pushing Bailey to get in when Hooker was putting in record numbers.
I’m sure there’s probably some racists on here but I think overwhelming majority are just idiots that wanted Bailey to get in there. Same ones were claiming he would go to Georgia to beat our brains in. There’s definitely also a degree of people wanting to see a guy when they’re highly rated.

Really? No other possible reason to want someone to replace JG? Maybe like… he stank? If there were any racists revealed by JG it was those who supported him because he was black.
Maurer was a better athlete with a good arm who played well in spurts. Yeah. There were a few of us who got to the point of wanting to see anything but the same old from JG. I’d like proof that it had anything to do with him being black or whatever racial mix he is

Maybe because Joe Milton beat him out. Maybe you should let that sink in before responding again.

Ridiculous stats? High school? Do you know how many guys have great hs stats and aren’t good in cfb? He may find a place to have a good career. It won’t be UT simply because he could not beat the other guys out. There’s no agenda to cheat him
I have no reason to believe Milton beat him out on talent. Neither do you. In fact, I have every reason to believe elevating Milton to QB #1 was a major misevaluation. I believe your blind trust in evaluations that placed Milton above Hooker and Bailey is misplaced and unjustified. Should Milton also have been ahead of Hooker 'by beating him out'? Think about that before responding.
Nor do I value your opinion dismissing incredible HS stats, when HS performance is exactly why kids are recruited heavily.
I realize you really value your opinions over others, but unless you have some evidence Milton is a better performer than Bailey, I really don't care about your opinion.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I have no reason to believe Milton beat him out on talent. Neither do you.
Yeah. You do. Professional coaches placed him over HB. Observers said it wasn't close.... but go ahead and point to his "great" O&W game numbers against scout team players.

In fact, I have every reason to believe elevating Milton to QB #1 was a major misevaluation. I believe your blind trust in evaluations that placed Milton above Hooker and Bailey is misplaced and unjustified. Should Milton also have been ahead of Hooker 'by beating him out'? Think about that before responding.
Yes. He beat him out in practice and at the time that's all the coaches had to go on. That's how it works with a good coach. And the refusal to change once a guy does not perform as Jones and Pruitt did... is one way to tell a bad coach.

But we aren't operating in the blind here concerning HB. By ALL accounts he was third in the spring. He wasn't 3rd because the staff misevaluated Milton or anyone else. He was 3rd because the other two performed better than he did for 15 practices.

Nor do I value your opinion dismissing incredible HS stats, when HS performance is exactly why kids are recruited heavily.
Then you are free to believe something manifestly stupid for as long as you want to. Yes. HS numbers get a guy recruited along with their physical ability. But they do NOT automatically translate into greatness in college. In fact, just the opposite is often true. Not every HS QB has an "easy button" like Bailey did in HS with a receiver so physically dominant that all he had to do is throw in his general vicinity.

I realize you really value your opinions over others-
Wow. Isn't that ironic coming from someone sticking to their own opinion over that of guys paid to evaluate players in practice then take them and win football games.
but unless you have some evidence Milton is a better performer than Bailey, I really don't care about your opinion.
The evidence is right in front of your face. The coaches said he performed better. Guys who know football who were allowed to see practice said he was better. And as bad as Milton was... when HB got his chance against an FCS opponent.... he was awful.

And it isn't just that he was a little behind and they chose the others. By all accounts he was WAY behind. He wasn't as accurate and didn't have the arm the others had.

Stop looking so hard to find racism. No one wanted Bailey once Hooker started putting up numbers and showing out. Literally EVERYONE knew Hooker was the guy after the Mizzou game. Just stop.

Yeah. You do. Professional coaches placed him over HB. Observers said it wasn't close.... but go ahead and point to his "great" O&W game numbers against scout team players.

Yes. He beat him out in practice and at the time that's all the coaches had to go on. That's how it works with a good coach. And the refusal to change once a guy does not perform as Jones and Pruitt did... is one way to tell a bad coach.

But we aren't operating in the blind here concerning HB. By ALL accounts he was third in the spring. He wasn't 3rd because the staff misevaluated Milton or anyone else. He was 3rd because the other two performed better than he did for 15 practices.

Then you are free to believe something manifestly stupid for as long as you want to. Yes. HS numbers get a guy recruited along with their physical ability. But they do NOT automatically translate into greatness in college. In fact, just the opposite is often true. Not every HS QB has an "easy button" like Bailey did in HS with a receiver so physically dominant that all he had to do is throw in his general vicinity.

Wow. Isn't that ironic coming from someone sticking to their own opinion over that of guys paid to evaluate players in practice then take them and win football games.

The evidence is right in front of your face. The coaches said he performed better. Guys who know football who were allowed to see practice said he was better. And as bad as Milton was... when HB got his chance against an FCS opponent.... he was awful.

And it isn't just that he was a little behind and they chose the others. By all accounts he was WAY behind. He wasn't as accurate and didn't have the arm the others had.

LOL. Your 'evidence' is still your faith in 'evaluators' who placed Milton over Hooker must also be correct on 5 star Bailey. Therefore, I must be stupid not to dismiss the 5-star rookie's talent on the word of 'experts' who we know got it all wrong on #1 and #2. I must be a fool to place my faith in outrageously good HS stats and several great throws flashing in limited playing time. Surely that TD/Interception ratio had nothing to do with great decision making. Just some receiver snatching up the garbage he threw up in the air? Why would I be so foolish to trust my own eyes and sensibilities, when I have you - and those experts who chose Milton.
I've lived long enough to know 'experts' often get things all wrong. That's why we don't want the 'experts' running our lives. I still make silly mistakes on things I know a whole lot about. It's human nature and many reason why we make misjudegements. Obviously, this group of 'experts' fell for a physical freak with a rocket arm who couldn't do anything with either. Meanwhile, a five star QB with no appreciable collegiate experience and no practice in his freshman year got ignored and goes bye-bye. He should at least have been #2 behind Hooker.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
You apparently don't know who you're talking to. DP12 is likely the most connected person to the athletic dept on this board, as he worked for the AD for years., may still be there.

You're the one who needs to STFU. So embarrassing.

No. What’s embarrassing is injecting race into the conversation when it didn’t belong. DP12 mad a stupid comment and he deserves to be bashed for it.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Wish Bailey well wherever he goes.
Last post on this topic sho be what
College he transfers to

Everyone and I do mean everyone watching practice thought Milton was the best QB on the roster at the beginning of the season.
Maybe so and we see what those evals told us... NONE of them made a single damn. That clown can't play QB. Move along. Hooker is the Guy, has been all along. Bailey didn't work out and is seeking a new opportunity. Milton ? Who knows.....

You apparently don't know who you're talking to. DP12 is likely the most connected person to the athletic dept on this board, as he worked for the AD for years., may still be there.

You're the one who needs to STFU. So embarrassing.
When your spreading the stupid ass statement he just said i give 0 damns if hes the pope. It is ******** and unwarranted. And anyone in our Atletic Department or Employed making a statement in that regard should be fired immediately

LOL. Your 'evidence' is still your faith in 'evaluators' who placed Milton over Hooker must also be correct on 5 star Bailey. Therefore, I must be stupid not to dismiss the 5-star rookie's talent on the word of 'experts' who we know got it all wrong on #1 and #2. I must be a fool to place my faith in outrageously good HS stats and several great throws flashing in limited playing time. Surely that TD/Interception ratio had nothing to do with great decision making. Just some receiver snatching up the garbage he threw up in the air? Why would I be so foolish to trust my own eyes and sensibilities, when I have you - and those experts who chose Milton.
I've lived long enough to know 'experts' often get things all wrong. That's why we don't want the 'experts' running our lives. I still make silly mistakes on things I know a whole lot about. It's human nature and many reason why we make misjudegements. Obviously, this group of 'experts' fell for a physical freak with a rocket arm who couldn't do anything with either. Meanwhile, a five star QB with no appreciable collegiate experience and no practice in his freshman year got ignored and goes bye-bye. He should at least have been #2 behind Hooker.
Behind our line Bailey would have been crippled in less than two games. I never cared for him, and he never had the "it" that great quarterbacks have. Just shut up and move on, just like he did.

Lord, there are some sensitive people in this forum. Some of y’all hear the word “white” and it’s like someone accused you of being a Klan member.

VN Store

Back