Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

There are people in the black community who think it is a slur to call a black QB a dual threat. I've listened to the discussion plenty of times.

seriously-laugh.gif

First off Bailey wasn’t my first choice for starting QB at Tennessee. I actually thought Milton would have performed better that he actually did. I am thrilled Hooker stepped up and led us to numerous victories. After reading a lot of the posts in this thread, it’s like a great many of you hope Bailey fails wherever he ends up. Granted it didn’t work out here for him but good luck to the young man wherever he lands. At one time he actually wanted to come to Tennessee and represent the University. Best of luck to the young man.
Not one to wish him ill. But not going to root for a quitter either.

People that quit on their teammates midseason haven't earned support elsewhere. At least put your time in...graduate...at a minimum finish the season out like Toots or Crouch. HB is the worst kind of quitter.

Heupel would have designed the system around his skills if he had been the best passer. He's not a runner and that didn't help him. But there's a myth believed by several that he was the best passer. Everyone who observed said he wasn't.

He was a better version of JG and there are only a few O's nationwide that can make that skill set work.
Yup the running factor...was a complete nonfactor. Heupel's best have been non-runners. That notion is such an absurd and stupid myth.

What it does require is being quick upstairs and in-game. HB just doesn't play at a P5 level. Too slow in decisions and reaction. I agree he needs a slower play-action style offense. This offense wasn't great for him, but nothing to do with his legs. I actually think his legs were quicker than many thought.

Reactions: Remy and sjt18
There are people in the black community who think it is a slur to call a black QB a dual threat. I've listened to the discussion plenty of times.
Lol...and...ok?

There are people in the white community that get mad when it's pointed out most pro players are black.

Or that white players are "heady" and gym rats. And so what?

Lol...and...ok?

There are people in the white community that get mad when it's pointed out most pro players are black.

Or that white players are "heady" and gym rats. And so what?

White players are always "blue collar" and "workmanlike". It is all very silly.

You’re right, a new coach promising a starting position to a former starter on a P5 team is a silly narrative, but your ‘Milton was Joe Burrow and Jesus in practice’ but ran out of bounds at the end of a real game makes Heup look like an idiot coach. Your narrative doesn’t fit with what we’ve seen from Heup (or anyone in the world outside of Jeremy Pruitt). My narrative fits with what many coaches do around the country, and explains why Heup went with Milton over a clearly superior Hooker.

You keep believing that our ball coach is an idiot about qbs and I’ll believe that there was a recruiting promise made, kept, and fixed by our qb-whispering ball coach.

Literally everyone that saw fall practices all agreed that Milton was far and away the superior QB of the 3 QBs. So I'd say your your narrative is completely false. Heup made the switch to Hooker pretty quick, and didn't look back.

You’re right, a new coach promising a starting position to a former starter on a P5 team is a silly narrative, but your ‘Milton was Joe Burrow and Jesus in practice’ but ran out of bounds at the end of a real game makes Heup look like an idiot coach. Your narrative doesn’t fit with what we’ve seen from Heup (or anyone in the world outside of Jeremy Pruitt). My narrative fits with what many coaches do around the country, and explains why Heup went with Milton over a clearly superior Hooker.

You keep believing that our ball coach is an idiot about qbs and I’ll believe that there was a recruiting promise made, kept, and fixed by our qb-whispering ball coach.
So you’re admittedly believing your own made up fantasy. At least you’re honest.

Milton was promised the starting role by Heupel to get him to transfer here. That’s how big name transfers work. Heupel started him based on that, not practice. That’s also why he stayed second string. Bailey might not have been better than him anyway, but to think Milton’s place on this team is anything other than recruiting promises is to kid yourself. It hurts future recruiting if Milton was promised the starting role and then sits the bench all season, transfers and tells everyone that Heup lied to him. Fortunately, Heup was able to fulfill his promise and play the better qb who helped us to a great season.

Recruiting promises are also probably why Milton got playing time at Michigan. Both UT and Michigan had much better years this year without him on the field than with him on the field.

This post is completely inaccurate.

I'm pretty sure there was more than one poster that mentioned this several times. If you are passed over as the starter at a power 5 school by more than once coaching staff, something is wrong. I wish Bailey the best as these are all young men just trying to figure out their careers, but Bailey ended up at UNLV is telling of a weakness that he has. He never started at Tennessee as a full time starter because of whatever that weakness is. I noticed it in the Tennessee Tech game this year, he looked completely lost and completely gassed trying to run Heupels offense.

Reactions: KptVFL
I think I agree with you….I thought Bailey was much better than this. Really figured he would wind up at a major program

I think most college programs are shying away from true pro-style offenses these days, and Bailey isn't known as a dual-threat QB. Heck, it seems to be even creeping into the NFL. The Steelers' coach has come out and said he wants his next QB to have mobility.

UNLV is one of those teams that really should take a huge leap forward with NIL rules. They should be able to reach BYU status at a minimum over the next couple years. I mean who would have more money to work with than Vegas?

UNLV is one of those teams that really should take a huge leap forward with NIL rules. They should be able to reach BYU status at a minimum over the next couple years. I mean who would have more money to work with than Vegas?
If I was a Runnin' Rebel.......I'd be calling the Bunny Ranch. Now THAT would be a sweet NIL deal

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol

VN Store

Back