Tennessee or Nebraska ?

Ugggh.

How many NC's has CJP won?

Answer: Zero

Frost turned an 0-12 UCF team to 14-0 in 2 years. Hmmm. I really wonder if he's a proven head coach. :rolleyes:

Does only the Head Coach get credit? Hmmm...Peerless Price and Tee Martin might have something to say about that. Al Wilson as well. And then you've got Billy Ratliff and Travis Henry against Arkansas. The Chief called a pretty good year that year as well.

No, no, you're right...it was all Coach Fulmer. Everyone else was just a role player.

CJP has been on 3 NC teams as a member of the staff, if memory serves.

How many NC's has CSF won?

Answer: Zero. Well, unless you count the ones that teams award to themselves, in which case he's right up there with Tommy Bowden, who coached the 1998 Tulane team.

Like you said, Ugggh.

Go Vols.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Does only the Head Coach get credit? Hmmm...Peerless Price and Tee Martin might have something to say about that. Al Wilson as well. And then you've got Billy Ratliff and Travis Henry against Arkansas. The Chief called a pretty good year that year as well.

No, no, you're right...it was all Coach Fulmer. Everyone else was just a role player.

CJP has been on 3 NC teams as a member of the staff, if memory serves.

How many NC's has CSF won?

Answer: Zero. Well, unless you count the ones that teams award to themselves, in which case he's right up there with Tommy Bowden, who coached the 1998 Tulane team.

Like you said, Ugggh.

Go Vols.

Scott Frost is a proven HC. Jeremy Pruitt isn't.

Last edited:

It's literally that simple. No rocket science involved here.

Scott Frost is proven in mostly the same way as Butch Jones was proven.

There is a difference between Power 5 and Group of 5. Success at one level does not necessarily translate into success at the next level. Butch is all the proof of that we need.

I think Scott Frost can be great. But he's not yet proven. Not as a Power 5 head coach. He and Jeremy share that.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129

It's that simple.

Agreed. And Frost will eventually do well at UN (NU?).

As will Pruitt at UT.

Being unproven and untested is one thing. Being unproven with proven performance is another. Example: We have quite a few nuclear warheads still in our arsenal. They're "unproven"...but they are also one reason why Russia, Iran, and the northern portion of Korea know better than to start a shooting war.

Frosts' path in Lincoln and the Big Can't-Count-To-Fourteen Conference is a lot smoother than what CJP faces in Knoxville and the SEC. Both schools got a good one. Frost turned UCF into a winner, but he did it with an explosive offense. The 2017 UCF Knights checked in at #53 in team defense. Playing in the American Football Conference. Had UCF been in the SEC, well...you get it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the 2017 Alabama Crimson Tide defense was easy to find. Right at the top. CJP's defense.

So we can sit here and cherry-pick records, data, stats, and whatever. Just do this for me, and it is in no way any indication of how either coach will perform in their current job: I'll take the 2017 Alabama team. You get the 2017 UCF team

How many points you want?

Go Vols.

Agreed. And Frost will eventually do well at UN (NU?).

As will Pruitt at UT.

Being unproven and untested is one thing. Being unproven with proven performance is another. Example: We have quite a few nuclear warheads still in our arsenal. They're "unproven"...but they are also one reason why Russia, Iran, and the northern portion of Korea know better than to start a shooting war.

Frosts' path in Lincoln and the Big Can't-Count-To-Fourteen Conference is a lot smoother than what CJP faces in Knoxville and the SEC. Both schools got a good one. Frost turned UCF into a winner, but he did it with an explosive offense. The 2017 UCF Knights checked in at #53 in team defense. Playing in the American Football Conference. Had UCF been in the SEC, well...you get it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the 2017 Alabama Crimson Tide defense was easy to find. Right at the top. CJP's defense.

So we can sit here and cherry-pick records, data, stats, and whatever. Just do this for me, and it is in no way any indication of how either coach will perform in their current job: I'll take the 2017 Alabama team. You get the 2017 UCF team

How many points you want?

Go Vols.
I don’t think UCF could have kept it within 20 if Tua was starting.

VN Store

Back