Tennessee Not On Many Top Players Considerations

This has been true for years. The only way I have been able to see a full list has been to copy the school list and paste it in something like notepad. I must be missing something, however, because on the ESPN website, the uncommitted players in the top 25 list "No schools available."

Jim
I don’t feel as stupid!
Thx!

She is successful as a player, person and a coach. You're blinded by your negativity. Feel free to not piggyback on my posts in the future until you develop a little objectivity. Thanks so much :)

She may well be successful here. But, I’m not sure how anyone could claim KJH’s resume includes a successful P5 stint. She was fired after four years at NCSt. Did not make the tournament the last three years. Was 16-32 in conference. Hard to classify that a success.

She is a P5 coach and is successful. What part of that don't you understand? Cheapen her accomplishments if you want but you're just working from negativity.

You are right about this much. She is a Power 5 coach. Maybe this season makes her a “successful” Power 5 coach in your mind. But you encouraged the other poster to be objective. And there is no objective way to claim NCSt was successful.

Reactions: TN1111
@GrayWaterCanine Really! I imagine there is some other meaning to your user name but all I can think of is a dog that drinks from the toilet bowl.
It's the truth. Top women's talent is not coming here. They will go to USC, Baylor, UCONN, Stanford, A&M before they come here. Honestly, there may be a few more programs top talent would choose over us. Nobody fears the Lady Vols anymore. They respect us but don't fear us.

Reactions: BreatheUT
You are right about this much. She is a Power 5 coach. Maybe this season makes her a “successful” Power 5 coach in your mind. But you encouraged the other poster to be objective. And there is no objective way to claim NCSt was successful.

I never did mention NC State. You and your buddy brought that up in order to argue against what I said. You will never get credibility if all you do is spew negativity.

I never did mention NC State. You and your buddy brought that up in order to argue against what I said. You will never get credibility if all you do is spew negativity.

I didn’t start anything. I only chimed in because you told a poster to be objective and it was a message board and all.. Objectivity isn’t always positive when it comes to TN. It isn’t for any program. But, debating is not worth the effort.

I didn’t start anything. I only chimed in because you told a poster to be objective and it was a message board and all.. Objectivity isn’t always positive when it comes to TN. It isn’t for any program. But, debating is not worth the effort.

Didn't stop you from jumping in to stir the pot now did it. You and S&MVol brought up NC State, not me and you did it because her worst coaching years were there. No mention of the rebuilding jobs at her last two spots probably because you want to post her in a negative light.

Last edited:

Don't waste your time. When blind loyalty trumps facts and logic there's really no point...

tumblr_mjwvebsJ1c1s5y03xo1_250.gif

Reactions: olddog
My opinion only, but it is not necessary to establish oneself as top tier program before you get good recruits.... Matt Mitchell and Jeff Walz got top players before their programs were ever established....

You have to sell a vision.... where you want to take the program.... advantage is in the fan base and the banners in the rafters.... Coach will do it I am sure.....

Of immediate need is a good PG ball distributor.... most important position in the WCBB game.
Great post. Look at Arizona. The coach there had nothing to sell but vision and has not one, but two really quick guards! I may be biased as I am not a graduate of UT, but I think KJH has a great set of values and can also sell UT. I ran D1 track in the 1980s and spent two to three weekends every year at then track power UT. My college (UNC) is beautiful, but I thought the general atmosphere at UT is as good if not better than UNC. The mountains and the people are just that nice. Anyway, I am pulling for KJH. She can get better, but she is far better than her immediate predecessor.

It's the truth. Top women's talent is not coming here. They will go to USC, Baylor, UCONN, Stanford, A&M before they come here. Honestly, there may be a few more programs top talent would choose over us. Nobody fears the Lady Vols anymore. They respect us but don't fear us.
Sounds like a line from a bad movie.

Don't let facts get in the way that our 2021 class was the second rated SEC class and number 14 one service and 9 another service in the nation. Yes way higher than A&M and Baylor of the five you mentioned.

Class Rankings -- 2021 -- Winter 2020 | Prospects Nation

Right. If we had only made at least the sweet 16 this year it would have helped. So disappointed with our tournament performance. Coach Barnes-Arrico was ready for our big 2. Kept 2 defenders on them but let Kasi and Jordan Walker shoot. To her credit, Kasi hit a couple early. Wish Jordan's first 3 three point attempts had gone in. Might have changed the outcome. Why we didn't have plays with double screens for Rae and Rennia or other sets to get them open I don't know. Sigh. Was poor Rae being told to take it inside? How many times did she dribble into traffic and turn it over? That game is going to hurt for a long time.
strpline will be better kas in 2022 ncaa turnment.

It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present, and a waste to live in the future.

VN Store

Back