Tennessee - Memphis cancelled

Please Explain this if it is as simple as you make it out to be.....

FG50TGvWYA8AsjF
Not sure of context of the picture but would suggest if the young man is a UM basketball player then the two young women in the picture should be contact traced for possible COVID-19 exposure.

Reactions: mackievol
Having to cancel this game is a blow to all of us that so desperately want to get back to some semblance of normal. However, having said that, both schools' fans' hot takes are concerning. As I understand it University of Memphis had a student athele wake up this morning in his hotel room sick. That student tested positive for COVID-19 as well as his room mate. No one tested positive from a party last night...thats silly. Incubation is three to five days. Because the team traveled together all players must go into COVID-19 protocol. Therefore UM had no team to put on the court. In a country where over 800 000 have died from COVID-19 no sane person would have tried to play this game. That's just crazy talk.
I'm certainly not buying the conspiracy theories on here without definitive proof. Your explanation is the most reasonable I've seen on here. I don't know that there's any proof for it either, but you did preface with "as I understand it...". As for the rest... pearls before swine.

Having to cancel this game is a blow to all of us that so desperately want to get back to some semblance of normal. However, having said that, both schools' fans' hot takes are concerning. As I understand it University of Memphis had a student athele wake up this morning in his hotel room sick. That student tested positive for COVID-19 as well as his room mate. No one tested positive from a party last night...thats silly. Incubation is three to five days. Because the team traveled together all players must go into COVID-19 protocol. Therefore UM had no team to put on the court. In a country where over 800 000 have died from COVID-19 no sane person would have tried to play this game. That's just crazy talk.

I totally get where you are coming from. Ours was not the only game canceled this weekend.

My beef is the lack of a statement from Memphis, it’s a lack of transparency and accountability. The rumors and innuendo are a direct result. The same AD that informed the Memphis team about the positive results should have taken the next step. He can’t name names, but it would have been better than “sources” like in the Commercial Appeal story.

He can’t even compete a sentence let alone understand grammar
You mean a sentence like 3 to 5? As for understanding grammar, on my dad’s side she predeceased my birth and on my mom’s side she only spoke Italian and I didn’t understand a word.

Silence and Penny = Tells it all.

or

He may be waiting to get to his Safe Zone in Memphis to comment or stir up Crap

Reactions: InVOLuntary
They wanted to play BEFORE they found out about the protocol violations You do understand the difference don’t you?
Youre kidding right.
This was Barnes statement after the positive tests.
made this statement after they knew about the postive tests.
"If you have 5 play or forefit is the rule in the SEC, says he likes the rule."
You can listen to the interviews here. TN had no problems playing today.
vs. Memphis

What is being said is don’t automatically accept as a fact that anyone on the Memphis team had this alleged Covid. Penny didn’t want to risk losing to Tennessee with Kennedy Chandler, from Memphis, being the star. He expects to still make the NCAA with the Alabama win and several more in his easy conference. Penny alleged the Covid to get out of the game.

I was wondering if they will release a Box Score of the Scrimmage.
Reason: I would like to see what the 3 pt shooting % was in an Arena that is different.

So, what your saying is we should have played? Inquiring minds want to know.
I have no idea. My comment was about you reminding all of us how many people have died. We know this already. We have enough “experts” reminding us every day. I’m sure you would have a different take if you had spent hundreds of dollars on food and a hotel and then the game cancelled last minute.

never and Penny should be suspended 10 games for allowing the team to be out at a party
Understand your frustration. I was really looking forward to this game. But in fairness, no one contracted COVID-19 on Friday night and tested positive on Saturday morning. Incubation is a minimum of three to five days. The alleged infamous "party" was a gathering of UM alumni and boosters...doubt if there were many attendees unvaccinated.

Reactions: BigDave
I have no idea. My comment was about you reminding all of us how many people have died. We know this already. We have enough “experts” reminding us every day. I’m sure you would have a different take if you had spent hundreds of dollars on food and a hotel and then the game cancelled last minute.
Good point...didn't mean to offend. Have lost three relative to virus. Very personal to me.

According to one source, the two players who tested positive traveled back to Memphis separate from the rest of the team. While it's unclear which players tested positive, The Commercial Appeal was able to confirm that star freshmen Emoni Bates and Jalen Duren and veteran DeAndre Williams were not among them.
Memphis has unvaccinated players on its roster, a source confirmed, though it's not clear how many. Memphis coach Penny Hardaway said before the season not all his players were vaccinated, adding "probably 90%" were.

~ Commercial Appeal

Good point...didn't mean to offend. Have lost three relative to virus. Very personal to me.
I’m very sorry to hear that. At this point it has effected the majority. I have lost three close friends. It’s no joke and I’m by no means trying to make light of it.

VN Store

Back