Tennessee lands Justin Powell

Why did you choose the Tennessee Volunteers?

“I chose them because of the culture they have there. They have an amazing fan base and have a great coaching staff and players. I felt like it was a great place for me to help me achieve my ultimate goal one day to play at the next level. We have some solid pieces to go make a run for a national championship and that’s the big goal.”

Discuss your relationship with your future teammate, Kennedy Chandler.

“Kennedy was a big part of my recruitment. He was on the phone with me everyday texting me. We have been brothers since we were little when we played together. We have always had good chemistry on the court and it was something that was intriguing to me to be able to play alongside him again.”

What was Rick Barnes’ pitch throughout the process?

“I liked how throughout this whole process coach Barnes was transparent with me the whole time. I really built a great relationship with him over the past few weeks and I already felt like I was one of his own. He wants to push me and I’m ready to go in there and work and be pushed by the coach every single day to bring out my max potential.”

Why did he decide to leave Auburn?

He looked like he was having a great season until he suffered a concussion and then missed the rest of the year. I think Auburn’s NCAA woes are over after this season - but I could be wrong. Just feels a little odd to me.

boom-animated-gif-9.gif

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Why did he decide to leave Auburn?

He looked like he was having a great season until he suffered a concussion and then missed the rest of the year. I think Auburn’s NCAA woes are over after this season - but I could be wrong. Just feels a little odd to me.
The NCAA has yet to even rule on Auburn they just self imposed an NCAA tournament ban in a year they were not going to make it anyway

Massive get here. Lets get another shooter and some size and we are set.

@golfballs what does adding Powell do for the ranking you have posting lately?

VN Store

Back