Tennessee lands Justin Powell

Is this a real boom? Or is this like when we got all excited to get Vescovi 😂

Seems big to me. Powell put up numbers as a freshman and in college already. It’s not like watching European highlights then wondering how that translates to college in US. Vescovi is fine if he is asked to do what he is good at. Needs to be off ball shooter. Powell and Chandler take that pressure off Vescovi not having to be on ball a lot. Powell is better shooter and I like how he has quick vision and able to move ball around in some of the highlights he had some quick passes within their offense that allowed good looks for others.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Those two really stung. We were deep in both especially Smith and then Pearl got us.

Smith publicly said that he, Chandler, Banchero, and maybe one other wanted to visit UT the same weekend but Covid prevented it. So, they went separate ways.

I rarely if ever read other team boards but I did this one. I agree. The Cat fans are really disgruntled and only one or two seemed to know what type player Powell is. Surprised me a bit. For several post they were debating about his PG abilities until finally someone told them he’s not a point guard. Hopefully we’ll see all our shooters improve with KC coming to run the point. It’s amazing how much a team improves with A REAL PG!

To be fair, UK didn’t offer. But a lot of their fans are mad about that. They’re afraid Powell is going to be Lofton 2.0

I may be wrong, but I don't think Lofton had 6+ rebounds and 4.7 assists a game.

VN Store

Back