Tennessee Lady Vols Volleyball 2023

We played great all season, and especially tonight. Lost Torres in this match, but Freshman MacKenzie Plante did a great job filling in. We were SO close, and yes, we were good enough to win.

Proud of our Lady Vol Volleyball Team, Congrats on a Great Season!!!

Last edited:
Fantastic season. Should have won it--4 points away, then let it get away. Couldn't finish in either of the last 2 sets. A shame.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Madisen Skinner was a third team AVCA All American in 2022. She won a national championship at Kentucky in 2020 and another at Texas last year.

O'Neal their Middle Blocker is a first team AVCA All American.

The rest of their players are highly decorated including gatorade player of the year from Florida, South Carolina and Hawaii. They also have the number one player from Indiana. Kentucky and Missouri.

Critical call was reversal of touch in the 4th set. Two point swing. Announcers agreed it would not be overturned. Sometimes blue blood programs get the benefit of doubt.

Great match!

Last edited:
I am immensely proud of our Lady Vols volleyball team for the poise they showed against Texas last night. Even though they lost, they took the defending national champs right to the brink of defeat. It was one of the best volleyball matches I have ever seen.
Some of the posters have asked about who we have returning next season. Two key players we will see next season are Mackenzie Plante, who did a fantastic job filling in at libero last night. Believe it or not, she is primarily an outside hitter-spiker who I expect will play there next season. She is an excellent spiker who I watched in the games she did play in the regular season. Obviously she is an all-around player who can play six rotations. Another player to keep an eye on is who you could call a sleeper agent. Her name is Cate Schmidt, game jersey no. 8. She completely red-shirted this season just like Caroline the setter did last season. I have watched Cate in warm-ups this season plus I observed her during the practice session that season ticket holders were invited to. She is an outside hitter and she can flat-out murder the ball. She is also an all-around player who can play six rotations. In case you were wondering what she looks like, she was the dark-blonde on the sideline in the grey Lady Vols shirt last night handing out Gatorade bottles and towels to the players in the huddle. She is 6'1" and Plante is 6'2". I think they will both fill in nicely for Moore and Finghall next season.
I expect the libero position next season will be filled by either one of the incoming freshmen or possibly a transfer.

Unbelievably exciting game!!!

Here’s this year’s roster. Without naming names, there are several on our team I’ve seen that are really good, plus the 2 Freshmen who played well last night. Hoping for another great team next season.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back