Tennessee Lady Vols Volleyball 2023

Disappointed to see Lovett's name in the portal. She is a tranfer from Long Beach State and I am assuming that would be her one transfer without penalty. However, there is a lawsuit (go figure) against the NCAA that is challenging the one transfer rule. Lovett, is a very good player and will be missed.

I am unaware of Tennessee Volleyball players' NIL status, but Lovett should be a candidate to participate in any LVBHC NIL opportunities.

Also there are over 50 D1 universities that offer Beach Volleyball in conjunction with their indoor volleyball program. Tennessee does not. Adding beach volleyball makes the sport playable year round and there are beach volleyball opportunities after college.

Tennessee's strategic plan not only sets as a goal a top 16 finish nationally every four years it also specifies winning a SEC championship once every five years.
Although only a goal it's a metric the AD can use to measure performace. For example Coach Harper is in her fifth year. To my knowledge she has not won a regular season or tournament title in her four years at Tennessee. Losing to MTSU is frustrating but in the big scheme it's only a loss. Five years without a championship is measurable.

Last edited:
Disappointed to see Lovett's name in the portal. She is a tranfer from Long Beach State and I am assuming that would be her one transferr without penalty. However, there is a lawsuit (go figure) against the NCAA that is challenging the one transferr rule. Lovett, is a very good player and will be missed.

I am unaware of Tennessee Volleyball players' NIL status, but Lovett should be a candidate to participate in any LVBHC NIL opportunities.

Also there are over 50 D1 Universities that offer Beach Volleyball in conjunction with their indoor volleyball program. Tennessee does not. Adding beach volleyball makes the sport playable year round and there are beach volleyball opportunities after college.

Tennessee's strategic plan not only sets as a goal a top 16 finish nationally every four years it also specifies winning a SEC championship once every five years.
Although only a goal it's a metric the AD can use to measure performace. For example Coach Harper is in her fifth year. To my knowledge she has not won a regular season or tournament title in her four years at Tennessee. Losing to MTSU is frustrating but in the big scheme it's only a loss. Five years without a championship is measurable.
Yer TQM is showing… 😉

Reactions: knoxvol52
Disappointed to see Lovett's name in the portal. She is a tranfer from Long Beach State and I am assuming that would be her one transferr without penalty. However, there is a lawsuit (go figure) against the NCAA that is challenging the one transferr rule. Lovett, is a very good player and will be missed.

Also there are over 50 D1 Universities that offer Beach Volleyball in conjunction with their indoor volleyball program. Tennessee does not. Adding beach volleyball makes the sport playable year round and there are beach volleyball opportunities after college.

Disappointed to see Lovett in the portal as well. Especially since we lose Finghall and Moore. Thats 3 of our top OH's. Lovett started really good on the season but faded down the back stretch. She kind of picked it back up during the NCAA tournament. She really struggled as of late passing though and it put us out of system quite often and Kerr had to work her butt off. BUT I feel like this is a huge loss. Maybe she will reconsider.

It makes a difference when the last 2 National Championship teams are in your conference.

Disappointed to see Lovett in the portal as well. Especially since we lose Finghall and Moore. Thats 3 of our top OH's. Lovett started really good on the season but faded down the back stretch. She kind of picked it back up during the NCAA tournament. She really struggled as of late passing though and it put us out of system quite often and Kerr had to work her butt off. BUT I feel like this is a huge loss. Maybe she will reconsider.
I think Lovett was jealous of Moore and is paying Eve back. Agree with post!

Reactions: knoxvol52
I think Lovett was jealous of Moore and is paying Eve back. Agree with post!
I think Lovett was not happy being substituted for by Mackenzie Plante during the regular season. Whenever Lovett was having problems with her spiking or back-row passes and Eve was displeased with her play she inserted Plante into the line-up in her place. This happened more often than you might think. And like you said, this is her way of getting back at her.

Well time to turn the page.

Texas (3 time NCAA volleyball national champion) and Oklahoma join the conference next year. Vanderbilt has announced their intentions to establish a volleyball program in 2025. With Texas' stellar accomplishments as well as Kentucky having won a national championship the SEC will be a challenge. Also must recognize Arkansas made the elite eight this year and of course Texas is back in the final four. Tennessee and Kentucky made sweet sixteen runs this year.

I have no inside information but feel Lovett's decision was not made hastily. Although we have 14 players on our roster, D1 volleyball is authorized 12 full scholarships. Events that occurred the last few days appear planned and orchestrated:

Judge rules against NCAA on players having to sit for a year if in a multi transfer situation.

Lovett announces she is entering the portal.

Chapman a 6' 3" OH was announced as our third freshman signee.

Chapman is a top 150 player who is a six rotational player. She is also and excellent server.

Last edited:
Apparently
Well time to turn the page.

Texas (3 time NCAA volleyball national champion) and Oklahoma join the conference next year. Vanderbilt has announced their intentions to establish a volleyball program in 2025. With Texas' stellar accomplishments as well as Kentucky having won a national championship the SEC will be a challenge. Also must recognize Arkansas made the elite eight this year and of course Texas is back in the final four. Tennessee and Kentucky made sweet sixteen runs this year.

I have no inside information but feel Lovett's decision was not made hastily. Although we have 14 players on our roster, D1 volleyball is authorized 12 full scholarships. Events that occurred the last few days appear planned and orchestrated:

Judge rules against NCAA on players having to sit for a year if in a multi transfer situation.

Lovett announces she is entering the portal.

Chapman a 6' 3" OH was announced as our third freshman signee.

Chapman is a top 150 player who is a six rotational player. She is also and excellent server.

Apparently Lovett saw the writing on the wall. She may also be looking for a school which has a beach volleyball program. With her skills she may be very good at that and may even want to go pro later on. I wish her the best of luck. She provided us with some very good moments of play and I enjoyed watching her play.

Apparently Lovett saw the writing on the wall. She may also be looking for a school which has a beach volleyball program. With her skills she may be very good at that and may even want to go pro later on. I wish her the best of luck. She provided us with some very good moments of play and I enjoyed watching her play.
My earlier comment about Lovett paying back Eve by leaving was meant in no disrespect of Lovett. The players are human too and they get frustrated just like the rest of us. They notice the little things that go on during the course of a season and they hold the coaches accountable for their actions.

White needs to lock Rackham Watt down with a contract extension at some point.
She wasn’t on the hot seat coming into the year per se, but this was always going to be a very important year on her future with the program. I think she answered a lot of those questions and will be rewarded in both salary and years. As typically happens at UT, she will probably agree on a new deal in the next couple of weeks, but it won’t be announced until March or April once it has gone through the whole approval process.

They used to announce when someone did come to an agreement, now they have to wait until it is formally signed and approved.

The reality of the portal/NIL era is sometimes you will lose players you don’t want to lose. But you also have the chance to add players you wouldn’t otherwise.

Texas up 2-0, winning the first 2 sets vs Nebraska. They won the second set 25-14.
The difference in the match so far has been Texas' serving. Texas has 7 aces in the second set alone. They're serving Nebraska off the court.

Forget a can, Texas has opened a 24 pack of whoop ass on Nebraska. Wow. We had match point on them.

Texas sweeps Nebraska 3-0. Winning the last set 25-11. A complete mismatch.
Not surprised that Texas won, surprised that they could win so easily.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back