Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Mississippi State and Georgia are two programs who made coaching changes the last few seasons, whose coaches have a modern day softball philosophy and have injected a different energy into their program . Amazing what that does.

Tennessee softball not making Oklahoma City since 2015 is pretty rough. I believe insider posters have discussed that Karen isn’t going anywhere as long as Tennessee is performing well in the regular season, and I don’t necessarily disagree with that notion as disappointing as Oregon State/JMU last year have been.

The day that the Lady Vols travels to another team’s regional, though, is the night that Karen unquestionably needs to be shown the door.

Tennessee softball not making Oklahoma City since 2015 is pretty rough. I believe insider posters have discussed that Karen isn’t going anywhere as long as Tennessee is performing well in the regular season, and I don’t necessarily agree with that notion as disappointing as Oregon State/JMU last year have been.

The day that the Lady Vols travels to another team’s regional, though, is the night that Karen unquestionably needs to be shown the door.

Next year says hello.

We are were an extremely veteran team. OSU 14 freshman. That is the disappointing part.

We just need to face the facts. We won't sniff the WCWS with Morticia as coach. That time is long gone. I mean hell the bracket was laid out for us today and we still choked like a dog with a ham bone.

Welp…… that was a tough pill to swallow. Supers at home waiting to be grabbed. Disappointing, frustrating, sad for the seniors, they were extremely torn up and emotional going to the locker room. I hate it for them. Our inconsistent hitting cost us in our most crucial moment. Don’t know why??? Erin pitched her guts out and saved our bacon this year. This isn’t on her, hats off to her. Ashley must have physically been unable to go much like the USF ace last night. The back went and that was it. Hopefully incoming class and transfers can impact us and we can get over the hump. We had a great season just didn’t end the way we wanted. Go Lady Vols!

Next year says hello.

Honestly I wish the 2020 season had happened. We were clearly horrible not going to be even close to making the tourney that year and it would've been a strike against her and her leash would probably be shorter. Fortunately for her and unfortunately for us, she and Ralph were saved by COVID.

We just need to face the facts. We won't sniff the WCWS with Morticia as coach. That time is long gone. I mean hell the bracket was laid out for us today and we still choked like a dog with a ham bone.

You can criticize and be disappointed, while still being respectful. She’s given more to this program than all of the posters in this thread combined X1000

Define ‘winning coach.’
Total record?
Recent trend? Future projection?
Recent Recruiting success?
Karen surrounded herself with a total disaster of a coaching staff.
How can anyone defend her leadership.

I do agree that it worthy of AD White giving it a looksie.

But, by the numbers, she has lead them to a regional every year since they went to that format. Think that is 17 consecutive seasons.

Over all those years, she has averaged a seeding position of 11.2. Over the last five seasons, the average actually improves to 11.0
If anything, she is improving. Or, to be more fair, not a large change.

To give that credit to Ralph is not fair. Today, he was right there in the mix trying to make it work. We just couldn't hit those girls.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Thinking the same thing.

Feels like a baseball tournament. Of the SEC schools advancing, Arkansas is the one of the few who makes sense.
And this is why coaching is all the more important because teams are closer across the board other than a handful..FSU is one of the few teams that has given Oklahoma trouble bet they are glad they are gone.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I’m not defending the result. But this isn’t anywhere close to the biggest upset IMO.

MissSt over FSU way bigger upset.
Stanford over Alabama also bigger.

I think they probably meant Oregon State winning twice today. Stanford didn't do that. Regardless, Stanford was a 2-seed in that regional, while Oregon State was a 3-seed in ours.

And she's been paid a damn good income for what she's given to the program.....Constantly taking up for UT coaches that get paid very well to get the job done is caring more about the coaches than the program IMO.....And I go back to 1956 with UT

Reactions: volman128
The players are to blame. Kiki, Ivy, Ayala, Gibson, Puni. They lacked any fire. Yes, they are great on defense but no effort on offense for weeks. Ayala has seemed like she has just wanted the season over for a while now. I am not saying coaches haven’t made some boneheaded moves but the veterans on this team gave the pitchers zero relief. EE has pitched her a$$ off for this team. We wouldn’t even have been a host if not for her. I hate the offense wouldn’t help her.

VN Store

Back