Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

You don’t fire winning coaches, and you sure don’t fire coaches with 1200 wins, just because you want new energy.
Define ‘winning coach.’
Total record?
Recent trend? Future projection?
Recent Recruiting success?
Karen surrounded herself with a total disaster of a coaching staff.
How can anyone defend her leadership.

I see y’all all hating on why AR isn’t pitching, but what about the bats? She can pitch a shutout all day but if we can score a dang run, it makes no difference. Press Karen on why the bats suck right now and the last several weeks. Give EE some credit.

Most here were very excited given the investment in a new hitting coach
He gets some of the "negative" credit as well
But in the end, players gotta play and Davis' last swing or non swing was an example

I see y’all all hating on why AR isn’t pitching, but what about the bats? She can pitch a shutout all day but if we can score a dang run, it makes no difference. Press Karen on why the bats suck right now and the last several weeks. Give EE some credit.

I don’t think anyone‘s hating on EE, but Ashley is your ace.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It started years ago with all the slap hitting, the teams the win can smack the ball. Aggressive hitters at the plate. Tennessee women haven’t had that in a while. I have never been big on the Weakley’s. Not saying she isn’t a good coach, they don’t seem to recruit or develop good hitters. And they players are lifeless out there. Not a good look, might be time to go another direction. JMHO! GBO!

This all day.
It has everything to do with hitting and the emotions of team play. You would think a strong pitching performance would carry over to the bats.
These girls take the personality of the coach.
You see the exact opposite energy over at LNS.
At least we still have them for awhile.

Exactly, this is the issue and has been. The offense is just lacking. Terrible AB after terrible AB. Same thing in the SEC tourney. I came into this weekend thinking the pitching was good enough, but questioned the offense.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I don’t think anyone‘s hating on EE, but Ashley is your ace.
I don’t disagree. I just don’t understand at this point why that’s even a conversation after seeing the last few weeks. We cannot generate runs. I do get you pitch your ace but you have a pitcher that gave up zero runs through 5 and your offense couldn’t put ANY pressure on OS.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Exactly, this is the issue and has been. The offense is just lacking. Terrible AB after terrible AB. Same thing in the SEC tourney. I came into this weekend thinking the pitching was good enough, but questioned the offense.

For the longest time it was the opposite this season. But we have had few games where both the hitting and pitching have been top notch, at least against good opponents. Typical LV softball.

VN Store

Back