Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Good assessment. If this team hits in Regional ,they will win it .If this team hits in Super regional they can win it .If this team hits in World Series the odds are against them winning it.......unless Rogers can pitch on successive days .
'
We've got the pitching to reach World Series.

The offense is about mo-mo. If they can heat up in the regional, that could build enough confidence to get them thru the Super. At this point, it is about getting one / two girls hot and then the fever spreads.

We also need some lucky bounces. They're good enough for final-8. Just have to catch a few breaks...

As I’ve said before, you’re welcome to contact the site owner to have him compare IP addresses. I live in and post from the Buckhead area in Atlanta. I’ve worked down here for years. The only times I come to Knoxville are to attend games.

Bro, anyone who posted on The Summitt knows who you are. You don't think people can recognize by the way you post that you're an insider? I understand you have this alt because you like to be snarky under a non-professional account and give "official" info under the BR account, but again a large number of the fan base knows it's you and that you have two different accounts here. You even once went as far as responding under the wrong account on here.

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111
LMFAO. How is that a sad line of thought?

Highly debatable to say that the SEC Tournament is "when it counts".

Kim Mulkey summed it up well prior to the SEC basketball tourney in Nashville:

Head coach Kim Mulkey has said before she doesn’t put nearly as much emphasis on the conference tournament as she does the conference regular season and the eventual NCAA tournament. Still, she assures the Tigers will be ready and playing to win in an effort to continue this incredible season.

Per yesterday's Sports Source episode, the Lady Volunteers softball team is at plus 2500 odds to win the college world series.

In my experience, hitting is about 60% physical skill and 40% mental focus. And when the wheels fall off it's usually because the ratios changed to 70% LACK of focus/30% physical skill.

From the way our good hitters struggled to score as soon as post-season play started, that tells me that some of them have likely shifted their focus on their own fear of NOT hitting when the team needs a hit most, and that's just a self-fulfilling prophesy.

This team needs a mental miracle IMO. Somehow they need to find a way to forget it's postseason and just play ball like they do a third or halfway into the season. They can't be getting up there with runners in scoring position, with two outs and two strikes and then fear that moment so much that they actually stand there and watch a third strike go by.

None of them ever seemed to fear those big moments like that until the postseason. They just got up there and got those bats on leather.

What could the staff do to get them out of their own heads and back to performing with the hive mind? They have so much fun when they're just playing.

Bro, anyone who posted on The Summitt knows who you are. You don't think people can recognize by the way you post that you're an insider? I understand you have this alt because you like to be snarky under a non-professional account and give "official" info under the BR account, but again a large number of the fan base knows it's you and that you have two different accounts here. You even once went as far as responding under the wrong account on here.

Oh look, this nonsense from the same moron again.

I don’t need to have a “non-professional account.” I have a three hour radio show every day to be as snarky as I want. Why would I not want to do the same thing here?

And if you haven’t noticed, this person you accuse me of being regularly posts during games in both basketball and softball. I don’t take a break from calling the game to post on a message board. I do the Scorebook for the home basketball games, where I’m literally not allowed to have my phone or a computer at my spot at the scorers table. So like I said, try again, moron.

In my experience, hitting is about 60% physical skill and 40% mental focus. And when the wheels fall off it's usually because the ratios changed to 70% LACK of focus/30% physical skill.

From the way our good hitters struggled to score as soon as post-season play started, that tells me that some of them have likely shifted their focus on their own fear of NOT hitting when the team needs a hit most, and that's just a self-fulfilling prophesy.

This team needs a mental miracle IMO. Somehow they need to find a way to forget it's postseason and just play ball like they do a third or halfway into the season. They can't be getting up there with runners in scoring position, with two outs and two strikes and then fear that moment so much that they actually stand there and watch a third strike go by.

None of them ever seemed to fear those big moments like that until the postseason. They just got up there and got those bats on leather.

What could the staff do to get them out of their own heads and back to performing with the hive mind? They have so much fun when they're just playing.

If you are including confidence as part of mental focus, then I agree. But, whatever it is, pressure affects hitting in a dramatic way. And some respond to it well, while others don’t.

The big problem is when it affects almost the entire team. They all start pressing, and it’s a recipe for disaster. See the 90s Atlanta Braves as the prime example, and their inability to hit under pressure likely cost them a number of World Series. The pitching was there.

LVs just need to see the dam burst.

Looking ahead to this weekend, the key to winning a regional is winning the first two. Any thoughts on rotation order. We lost to Oregon State early in the season with a less healthy Ashley and Bailey pitching. So do we toss Ashley against Campbell and Erin against the Ohio State-Oregon State winner since they haven’t seen her. Or throw Erin and then a healthy Ashley in game two? I’m not sure now is the time to gamble on Ryleigh continuing her positive trend in game one. My thought is Erin game one and a healthy Ashley game two, she can beat anybody healthy.

Looking ahead to this weekend, the key to winning a regional is winning the first two. Any thoughts on rotation order. We lost to Oregon State early in the season with a less healthy Ashley and Bailey pitching. So do we toss Ashley against Campbell and Erin against the Ohio State-Oregon State winner since they haven’t seen her. Or throw Erin and then a healthy Ashley in game two? I’m not sure now is the time to gamble on Ryleigh continuing her positive trend in game one. My thought is Erin game one and a healthy Ashley game two, she can beat anybody healthy.

Yes, another vote for Erin in game one. You have to think about how you want that to look by the end of the day on Sunday.

I would go Erin on Friday. If we get commanding lead, insert Ryleigh.
Then Ashley on Saturday.
Then Erin for first game on Sunday and Ashley for game two if need be.

If we can survive this first weekend, I can see us traveling to Clemson, Duke, or Northwestern. We would have a puncher's chance at any of those with Ashley pitching first and third games.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Playing to win right now. On Friday I'd go Ashley and hopefully run support early and have Erin close it. And reverse it Saturday of Erin starting and Rogers in relief. Rogers all day Sunday.

Reactions: orange beard
Playing to win right now. On Friday I'd go Ashley and hopefully run support early and have Erin close it. And reverse it Saturday of Erin starting and Rogers in relief. Rogers all day Sunday.

I can see that point of view. That is the way Coach Majors would play it. The conservative approach.

Reactions: Majors
Yes, another vote for Erin in game one. You have to think about how you want that to look by the end of the day on Sunday.

Then Ashley on Saturday.

If we can survive this first weekend, I can see us traveling to Clemson, Duke, or Northwestern. We would have a puncher's chance at any of those with Ashley pitching first and third games.
If we survive this weekend we play the winner of the Tuscaloosa regional which theoretically should be Alabama.

Then Ashley on Saturday.

Question is, can Ashley pitch on back to back days? Outside of one inning of relief against Ole Miss, she has not thrown on back to back days since February. Is that by design or is that where she is?

If that’s the case, it may force you to either go with her on Friday or just hold her for Sunday. Can White repeat her performance against Auburn? If you think she can, start her Friday, Erin on Saturday and Ashley on Sunday.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Question is, can Ashley pitch on back to back days? Outside of one inning of relief against Ole Miss, she has not thrown on back to back days since February. Is that by design or is that where she is?

If that’s the case, it may force you to either go with her on Friday or just hold her for Sunday. Can White repeat her performance against Auburn? If you think she can, start her Friday, Erin on Saturday and Ashley on Sunday.
No offense against Campbell, but do you guys really think that White is not capable of giving us at least 4 innings of good pitching? I think that she can. I would give white the start Friday, EE on Saturday, & Rogers on Sunday. We have to use the whole staff, if any of them get into trouble we could use Bailey & simpson situationally against a certain batter or a certain part of the lineup. The best teams that make it far are the ones that use their whole staff. Outside of Rogers and EE we may not have the most flashy staff, but they each bring someone different and if we cant use them when we need them the most then we won’t make it far

Last edited:
No offense against Campbell, but do you guys really think that White is not capable of giving us at least 4 innings of good pitching? I think that she can. I would give white the start Friday, EE on Saturday, & Rogers on Sunday. We have to use the whole staff, if any of them get into trouble we could use Bailey & simpson situationally against a certain batter or a certain part of the lineup. The best teams that make it far are the ones that use their whole staff. Outside of Rogers and EE we may not have the most flashy staff, but they each bring someone different and if we can use them when we need them the most then we won’t make it far
Had our offense been more productive the last few outings, absolutely. Rogers is a safety net to our offense not putting up runs.

Had our offense been more productive the last few outings, absolutely. Rogers is a safety net to our offense not putting up runs.
I agree. It’s pathetic our offense isn’t finding ways to score runs, but I believe that the girls will refocus this week and get back that loose mentality and go out there like it’s early in the season. Can’t choke when you’re not guaranteed another weekend. We have so many seniors and I think that they will lead by example.

VN Store

Back