Tennessee Lady Vol News

this FIBA World Cup is gonna be some great basketball experience for Marta..she is playing against the some of best young college players

She’s moving better and seems to have a bit more control of her handle so far. I like seeing her improvement. Can’t wait till she gets with the coaches to move the needle even more.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Marta played better today than last game even though game results was about identically the same. I figure she is supposed to be back in Knoxville on August 19th glad to get her back so she can start working with the team.

Nothing... just ole miss is in on a top player and she almost got into 1 brawl a game

I think that situation is going to go south sooner rather than later. Really think Yo is over estimating what she can handle. She doesn’t seem to have very good control over her own emotions. Already been a lot of drama down there.

She reminds me too much of Quentin Hillsman. It’s just not sustainable.

Reactions: mlindsay
I think that situation is going to go south sooner rather than later. Really think Yo is over estimating what she can handle. She doesn’t seem to have very good control over her own emotions. Already been a lot of drama down there.

She reminds me too much of Quentin Hillsman. It’s just not sustainable.

I dunno i wish her the best because of the energy she brings to the game.. just not the best against us

She’s moving better and seems to have a bit more control of her handle so far. I like seeing her improvement. Can’t wait till she gets with the coaches to move the needle even more.

It looks like Marta is ready to go and have the kind of season everyone expected LY. Hoping she stays healthy. On a personal note, Azzi Fudd was the only player on the roster not to play. Very concerning .

It looks like Marta is ready to go and have the kind of season everyone expected LY. Hoping she stays healthy. On a personal note, Azzi Fudd was the only player on the roster not to play. Very concerning .
Do we know why she was not playing an injury or something. if she is totally healthy it would certainly be concerning.

if Azzi Fudd is injured and made the U19 roster is just another example of UConn husky guards making USA rosters while injured
I don't know that she is injured, but what does it say about her if she isn't and can't get playing time. With her ranking she shouldn't be the last player on the team to get on the court.

Marta played better today than last game even though game results was about identically the same. I figure she is supposed to be back in Knoxville on August 19th glad to get her back so she can start working with the team.

She was running the floor nicely in that game. She was being used as a post player, not a perimeter player. Looking forward to seeing how she fits in with this year's team - what role she'll play.

Returning players

Burrell 1.21 point per shot attempt this was in the good range for a guard need her to maintain that for next season.
Key 1.54 is elite if she could do it attempting a lot more shots 145 for 223 would be AA if she could maintain a 1.50 at 450 shot attempts. That would be triple the shot attempts she took last season, but would mean scoring over 675 points if she maintained her 1.54 scoring. It would be worth her getting another 300 shots even if she fell to a 1.30 would still more than likely be the most efficient scorer on the team. Going to need her to get more than 223 shot attempts and hope that she can maintain top efficiency. Her taking just 223 shots is not a good look for the offense last season.
Dye 412 for 464 or 1.13 which is fair efficiency and probably good enough to get her in the starting lineup. You would hope she could get that up to where Burrell is, but she is not as good at the free throw line as Burrell and hasn't in the past shot the three.
Horston 237 for 215 is a huge offensive problem. She does a lot of other things that are fabulous, but scoring like this doesn't allow you to take 237 shots. 0.91 would be considered F efficiency. This is why she is such a key player this year. If she can get this up to even a 1.10 were going to be much better team than last season all things being the same. You just can't have a player taking as many shots as she took with only an 0.91 efficiency that is losing basketball. I am hoping her shooting and scoring will take a huge leap in efficiency this season it has to.
Walker 142 for 134 is another terrible efficiency 0.94 another player that has to do a lot better. You wonder if MIles or Wynn could steal a lot of her minutes if she can't score at a more efficient rate anything below a 1.00 is certainly an F

Suarez scored at a 1.00 last season on 91 shot attempts.
Striplin had over a 1.50 in high school as a senior don't think she could do that in the SEC as a freshman.
No data on Puckett or Wynn both scored over 20 ppg but need their field goal attempts to see if they were efficient players.

Tennessee as a team 1.14 which is fair need to get it up to at least 1.20. Just getting the efficiency up to that level on the same 63 shots attempted per game average would raise the 71 ppg to 75 ppg. The two players that could easily get us there are Walker and Horston get to 1.10 from where they were last season. Of course we would need the same production from the subs which I feel will be better than last season. I would also say that 63 shots is not enough per game need to be able to get 70 shots at least. We got to the line 16 times a game need that to be more like 20 with at least the same or a little higher than the 71 percent we shot last season.

Returning players

Burrell 1.21 point per shot attempt this was in the good range for a guard need her to maintain that for next season.
Key 1.54 is elite if she could do it attempting a lot more shots 145 for 223 would be AA if she could maintain a 1.50 at 450 shot attempts. That would be triple the shot attempts she took last season, but would mean scoring over 675 points if she maintained her 1.54 scoring. It would be worth her getting another 300 shots even if she fell to a 1.30 would still more than likely be the most efficient scorer on the team. Going to need her to get more than 223 shot attempts and hope that she can maintain top efficiency. Her taking just 223 shots is not a good look for the offense last season.
Dye 412 for 464 or 1.13 which is fair efficiency and probably good enough to get her in the starting lineup. You would hope she could get that up to where Burrell is, but she is not as good at the free throw line as Burrell and hasn't in the past shot the three.
Horston 237 for 215 is a huge offensive problem. She does a lot of other things that are fabulous, but scoring like this doesn't allow you to take 237 shots. 0.91 would be considered F efficiency. This is why she is such a key player this year. If she can get this up to even a 1.10 were going to be much better team than last season all things being the same. You just can't have a player taking as many shots as she took with only an 0.91 efficiency that is losing basketball. I am hoping her shooting and scoring will take a huge leap in efficiency this season it has to.
Walker 142 for 134 is another terrible efficiency 0.94 another player that has to do a lot better. You wonder if MIles or Wynn could steal a lot of her minutes if she can't score at a more efficient rate anything below a 1.00 is certainly an F

Suarez scored at a 1.00 last season on 91 shot attempts.
Striplin had over a 1.50 in high school as a senior don't think she could do that in the SEC as a freshman.
No data on Puckett or Wynn both scored over 20 ppg but need their field goal attempts to see if they were efficient players.

Tennessee as a team 1.14 which is fair need to get it up to at least 1.20. Just getting the efficiency up to that level on the same 63 shots attempted per game average would raise the 71 ppg to 75 ppg. The two players that could easily get us there are Walker and Horston get to 1.10 from where they were last season. Of course we would need the same production from the subs which I feel will be better than last season. I would also say that 63 shots is not enough per game need to be able to get 70 shots at least. We got to the line 16 times a game need that to be more like 20 with at least the same or a little higher than the 71 percent we shot last season.

A+ on the analysis, @Volfan2012

VN Store

Back