Tennessee Lady Vol News

Jessie always wears street clothes and sits in the head coach's position right next to the scorer's table.

As I posted yesterday, the LVs bench is total festival seating with completely nontraditional arrangements. The players least likely to play sit at the head of the bench, while at the end is one of the best players in the country. Coaches sit in neutral Switzerland in the middle.

I honestly believe we'll have about seven new players next season on the roster. I can see a couple of our present players transferring out. Horston and Jackson to WNBA. Marta may not come back. Rennie probably leaving this summer. Tamari may give up basketball. Only players I am quite sure will return are Tess, Sarah, Karoline, Jill, and Justine. Not even sure Powell will return now. She has not been the answer at point guard playing time is dwindling if she has graduated she could transfer and play immediately somewhere else as a Grad Transfer. We'll need a point guard no matter what happens with her. We need another post and we need a couple of strong scorers. We could look like A&M if we can't get some players in here through the portal.

I honestly believe we'll have about seven new players next season on the roster. I can see a couple of our present players transferring out. Horston and Jackson to WNBA. Marta may not come back. Rennie probably leaving this summer. Tamari may give up basketball. Only players I am quite sure will return are Tess, Sarah, Karoline, Jill, and Justine. Not even sure Powell will return now. She has not been the answer at point guard playing time is dwindling if she has graduated she could transfer and play immediately somewhere else as a Grad Transfer. We'll need a point guard no matter what happens with her. We need another post and we need a couple of strong scorers. We could look like A&M if we can't get some players in here through the portal.
Not so sure about Sarah...certainly hope she stays

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It’s weird that we are most likely going to start 8-0 in SEC play but this team still feels very flawed. The two games after Missouri will tell us how good we really are. UConn and @ LSU

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Looking at the new crème brackets, I know it’s pointless, but I wouldn’t mind where TN is now. First game would be against Texas, a team who started out slow, like us. Next, we’d likely get another shot at Ohio State, then, another shot at Virginia Tech, then, another shot at UCLA or LSU, then, another shot at the winner of Stanford/UConn, if I’m understanding the brackets correctly.

I would like to get another shot at these teams, to make up for how we started. 🙂

Last edited:
Looking at the new crème brackets, I know it’s pointless, but I wouldn’t mind where TN is now. First game would be against Texas, a team who started out slow, like us. Next, we’d likely get another shot at Ohio State, then, another shot at Virginia Tech, then, another shot at UCLA or LSU, then, another shot at the winner of Stanford/UConn, if I’m understanding the brackets correctly.

I would like to get another shot at these teams, to make up for how we started. 🙂
The Ohio State game was totally lost in one quarter when we turned it over like 13 times and lost the quarter 30 to 13. Other than that quarter we played well winning the other three 62 to 57. The Va Tech game was certainly lost because Rickea Jackson could not play. Arguably we might have won the Indiana game if Horston had been able to play. I still think we got jipped in the Gonzaga game. The other two Stanford and UCLA were losses when we had everybody and in one other than last night we played our worst game of the season.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard or confirmed if Key gets healthy that she will return for another season ? Im just wondering ?
There’s no way of knowing yet if she’ll ever be able to play. The clots could clear for good like they did for Trey Smith or they could be a persistent issue. Only time will tell.

There’s no way of knowing yet if she’ll ever be able to play. The clots could clear for good like they did for Trey Smith or they could be a persistent issue. Only time will tell.

They already indicated the PEs have resolved and she is fine at this point but will sit the remainder of the season.

No announcement has been made about her plans for next season.

VN Store

Back