Tennessee Lady Vol News

I'm not sure what you think the stats are saying that counters what I said about her being afraid to shoot. The starting SG averaged 6.5 ppg over those three years on a low # of shot attempts given what position she played, and shot under 40% from the field. We've all seen enough games where she just flat out would not shoot. Even Holly was trying to implore her to shoot more .

Nice person I'm sure, but she wasn't a good player.

Amber and PRG I provided no negative however that you two and others post opinions that we the readers are required/ excepted to accept as facts - I submit they are personal opinions. You used the word "afraid" another person who can define the emotion involved from being an observer. her 3-pt average was .394 her first year and over .3 her second and third, her FT was overall .719 including a fearless .800 her third year.

with total sarcasm have you ever been afraid that you are not always absolutely correct?

TK looks like she got in the weight room to me! Her legs look more solid and looks to have a better base to be able to hold her position. This post is totally meant to give her props for what looks like work in the gym!
View attachment 379709

Been noticing that in videos as well! She has really improved her lower body strength. Her running is much more fluid and faster also. Saw her on a breakaway in one of the videos and she looked to be moving so much better.

Keep up the hard work ladies!

TK looks like she got in the weight room to me! Her legs look more solid and looks to have a better base to be able to hold her position. This post is totally meant to give her props for what looks like work in the gym!
View attachment 379709
Nothing we need more for her to become dominant in the post. That happens makes everyone on the floor better and really works defenses to defend. The biggest hope is to see her be able to put up 15 and 10 a game while still averaging 60 percent from the field.

Nothing we need more for her to become dominant in the post. That happens makes everyone on the floor better and really works defenses to defend. The biggest hope is to see her be able to put up 15 and 10 a game while still averaging 60 percent from the field.

Yes! I agree with all of this. If she could increase her scoring by 4-5 points a game (which is like one extra bucket a half) and grab 1 an extra rebound a quarter that will drastically improve production. I said the same thing about Horston improving by 5-6 pts a game. I also hope Rae can duplicate or even improve upon her season last year. The others will have to improve to take the extra pressure off of her.

View attachment 379709
I noticed that too. She is standing next to Keyan in that picture and her legs look as thick as hers. It would be great if she added 15-20 pounds of Lean muscle. She will be really tough in the post if she did so and we all know the SEC is gonna have some really big and Good posts in it this upcoming year.

I noticed that too. She is standing next to Keyan in that picture and her legs look as thick as hers. It would be great if she added 15-20 pounds of Lean muscle. She will be really tough in the post if she did so and we all know the SEC is gonna have some really big and Good posts in it this upcoming year.

Agreed! I think Tamari could be a top 3 post if she put her mind to it! She also could set herself up for a good pro career as well.

Agreed! I think Tamari could be a top 3 post if she put her mind to it! She also could set herself up for a good pro career as well.
Kelli said in one of her interviews last year that she felt that Tamari could be one of the best in the Country if she put her mind to it. The thing with Tamari is that she holds everything pretty close to her vest. She doesn't talk much or show a lot of emotion, but I think she really wants to improve. The things she does say leads me to believe that. She could be doing pro workouts right now and I dought any of us would know it. I just have a feeling that we are going to see substantial growth and she is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Fingers Crossed!

Kelli said in one of her interviews last year that she felt that Tamari could be one of the best in the Country if she put her mind to it. The thing with Tamari is that she holds everything pretty close to her vest. She doesn't talk much or show a lot of emotion, but I think she really wants to improve. The things she does say leads me to believe that. She could be doing pro workouts right now and I dought any of us would know it. I just have a feeling that we are going to see substantial growth and she is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Fingers Crossed!

Same! if she shows a big jump it will be a huge advantage for the LV and a nightmare for opposing teams. She has already shown she could hold her own against some of the best in the league.

Reactions: ttharp and lvocd
Same! if she shows a big jump it will be a huge advantage for the LV and a nightmare for opposing teams. She has already shown she could hold her own against some of the best in the league.

Yes! If she adds a hook shot and some drop-step counter moves, it’s over. I also forget that she’s 1 of 6(?) Lady Vols that’s gotten a triple double.

Tamari looks a lot stronger as others have pointed out. Improved stamina down low will help her a lot. I think Kellie wants to showcase her this year and I expect Emily will be her backup and this will be her 3rd season so I expect her production will pick up. I think our inside game will be the best we will have had since Candace. If we get the outside shooting, we will be tough.

I still hold out hope that we sign an inside player like Sa'myah Smith.

I think our inside game will be the best we will have had since Candace. If we get the outside shooting, we will be tough.

I agree on both. If the Lady Vols can score consistently from deep, they will definitely win at least a couple more of those prime games that have gotten away from them over the last decade.

The players will also need to greatly improve on following their own shots to get more long rebounds instead of everyone always leaking back. If we get super aggressive on following shots it will result in giving our posts more opportunities for scoring, too, as the defenses will have to readjust amid some chaos in the lane as our shooters move TOWARD the basket, and that could leave our posts with opportunities to quickly curl into open space underneath.

The potential for this particular group of players is exciting.

Reactions: Lucy
I agree on both. If the Lady Vols can score consistently from deep, they will definitely win at least a couple more of those prime games that have gotten away from them over the last decade.

The players will also need to greatly improve on following their own shots to get more long rebounds instead of everyone always leaking back. If we get super aggressive on following shots it will result in giving our posts more opportunities for scoring, too, as the defenses will have to readjust amid some chaos in the lane as our shooters move TOWARD the basket, and that could leave our posts with opportunities to quickly curl into open space underneath.

The potential for this particular group of players is exciting.

Yes to this. I’m hoping that this program experiences a breakthrough - particularly in postseason play. We absolutely had some great showings in regular season and I love that.

I’m so ready for theee Lady Vols to get that postseason mojo/swagger back — where we’re not being out-schemed, out-executed, and out-hustled.

Reactions: lvocd
Yes to this. I’m hoping that this program experiences a breakthrough - particularly in postseason play. We absolutely had some great showings in regular season and I love that.

I’m so ready for theee Lady Vols to get that postseason mojo/swagger back — where we’re not being out-schemed, out-executed, and out-hustled.

I agree that’s our next step. In the Michigan game it seemed if they shut down plan A then we panicked and that’s when we have to have counter plans to combat opponents.

It was nice not worrying about getting into the post season. I also would have liked to reward the players with hosting those two first round games which I agree are an advantages to the home team but one you fight for and earn throughout the season. r

Reactions: mcannon1 and Lucy

VN Store

Back