Tennessee is the only P5 team left without an FBS win.

I know I am going to get flamed but, 2 of the 3 teams we have played are in the Top 10. The other one we lost to in OT. Go ahead and make this negative and yes I also consider every loss bad. Before anyone says for the 1,000,001 time I know we lost to Ga St. This kind of chit is as old as losing is. We the fans can't do anything about winning games but we could stop this bitching an moaning about things. Does anyone really think it is going to help? If whining related to winning we would be undefeated.

So is constantly repeating that Pruitt has proven anything yet, which is usually what the "lost to Georgia St." is a reply to.

And what most that are labeled "negative" are sick of is this place's uncanny ability of propping up and praising coaches that haven't done a damn thing to earn it. It happened with Kiffin, it happened with Dooley, it happened with Jones, and now it's happening with Pruitt. I don't know about you but at my job I'm usually not praised for merely doing the bare minimum. And sorry but people praising that "we're improving" is pretty much on that level. We were SUPPOSED to be improved this year, and yet we're almost halfway into the season before the team is even showing it; and on top of that, it's hard to tell how much we actually have improved.

So the blind loyalty is old to a lot of us. Pruitt will get 3 years, there's nothing changing that short of maybe ending up 1-10.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
we are also the only FCS team to NOT allow a single yard of kickoff returns this year. but go ahead and make that a negative also...…..

Not much of a stat considering kickoffs are becoming rather irrelevant with the fair catch rule putting it on the 25.

Reactions: I40flyer
So is constantly repeating that Pruitt has proven anything yet, which is usually what the "lost to Georgia St." is a reply to.

And what most that are labeled "negative" are sick of is this place's uncanny ability of propping up and praising coaches that haven't done a damn thing to earn it. It happened with Kiffin, it happened with Dooley, it happened with Jones, and now it's happening with Pruitt. I don't know about you but at my job I'm usually not praised for merely doing the bare minimum. And sorry but people praising that "we're improving" is pretty much on that level. We were SUPPOSED to be improved this year, and yet we're almost halfway into the season before the team is even showing it; and on top of that, it's hard to tell how much we actually have improved.

So the blind loyalty is old to a lot of us. Pruitt will get 3 years, there's nothing changing that short of maybe ending up 1-10.
I agree with most of what you said. I am not giving blind praise to the coaching staff. The loss to Ga. St. is on them. The others I honestly feel are limits to our roster, QB play and mistakes. The we are improving comments are in response to those that say the staff can't coach up players. There are several examples of Freshmen that have greatly improved. In fact they are some of our best players. One of the biggest problems has been QB play. The OL is night and day better than they were. That is a vast improvement but few want to admit that. I agree, or should say I pray the powers to be, give Pruitt and his staff time to get a few more elite players like Too'Too' in here. Another coaching change is not the answer right now. JMHO

Tennessee hasn’t beaten an FBS team. Their best game is a 29 point loss to Georgia.......yet people actually think Tennessee will win 6 games and go to a bowl.

I’m not being rude, I just wish people were more rational. Hey I want Tennessee win a bunch of games. However you got to start winning “some” of the games you “could possibly win”.......before you can seriously believe they “will” win all the games they “could possibly win.”

I know I am going to get flamed but, 2 of the 3 teams we have played are in the Top 10. The other one we lost to in OT. Go ahead and make this negative and yes I also consider every loss bad. Before anyone says for the 1,000,001 time I know we lost to Ga St. This kind of chit is as old as losing is. We the fans can't do anything about winning games but we could stop this bitching an moaning about things. Does anyone really think it is going to help? If whining related to winning we would be undefeated.

Yes, two of the losses were against top 10 teams. But those losses were by 31 and 29 points. Taking satisfaction in the fact that we only lost by 31 points to a good team seems very Vanderbilt of us. I hope we never really fall to that level.

Yes, two of the losses were against top 10 teams. But those losses were by 31 and 29 points. Taking satisfaction in the fact that we only lost by 31 points to a good team seems very Vanderbilt of us. I hope we never really fall to that level.
Oh don't get me wrong. I was not implying I was satisfied with the losses. I just pointed out that it wasn't to a couple of FCS teams. I want to win as much if not more than 99% of the people on this board. I just think whining, trashing the players or the coaching staff doesn't help the problem. Some fools even think Butch was a better coach than Pruitt. Butch had Dobbs. After Dobbs left MOST people got to see just how good of coach Butchy was. If Pruitt had a Dobbs we would be a much much better team. Sometimes the record does not always reflect the progress being made.

Is it whining or sharing opinions or concerns on message forum? For instance, sure two of the teams we lost to are pretty good. There are a group of people that make points spreads for games. They do it for a living and are pretty good at it. CJP rarely if ever beats that spread. That is concerning to me.

Reactions: I40flyer
Oh don't get me wrong. I was not implying I was satisfied with the losses. I just pointed out that it wasn't to a couple of FCS teams. I want to win as much if not more than 99% of the people on this board. I just think whining, trashing the players or the coaching staff doesn't help the problem. Some fools even think Butch was a better coach than Pruitt. Butch had Dobbs. After Dobbs left MOST people got to see just how good of coach Butchy was. If Pruitt had a Dobbs we would be a much much better team. Sometimes the record does not always reflect the progress being made.
Who think Butch was a better coach than Pruitt?

Ok if you go to 2000, UT has won139 games, if I added it correctly. Remove this year due to incomplete season the number is 138 for 19 seasons, 7.26, consistent with historical average.
Good job! I love it when someone takes the time to do these type stats, I've learned something, thanks.

VN Store

Back