Tennessee is NOT a good football team - Fact or Fiction

Kentucky has beaten Tennessee 3 times in my lifetime so unlike you I don't consider a win over Kentucky a mile stone. But hey I'll join you woo-hoo we played competitive for a quarter against a crap gator team and we scored more points on uga than anyone else and lasted almost 3 full quarters against they mighty tide and just almost pulled an upset against the all mighty pitt team. I love these moral victories. I'll book mark this page and I already know what you will say if Florida beats UT.
Are you just a troll? Or ignorant? Serious question. Not trying to insult.

UK is a good team this year, despite what your historic ideal of them has been. You're whining about ego.

The rest of your post was just more of your childishness in lieu of an actual, rational discussion.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

UK is a good team this year, despite what your historic ideal of them has been. You're whining about ego.

The rest of your post was just more of your childishness in lieu of an actual, rational discussion.
I'm not troll, I'm a 43 years old life long vol fan from chattanooga. So again besides the moral victory, they played harder with more passion argument, I'm not arguing that. The offense is great but the defense is terrible. Tell more where all the improvement is. Serious question. Better tackling? Better coverage? Better 3rd defense ( which was awful) . Tell me. Honest question. I didn't say Heupel sucked, but to say there wasn't games this year where poor coaching decisions instead of talent cost us some key situations is asinine.

And to further I haven't once said Heupel wasn't the man for the job. He has to figure some defense out though.

Do you honestly agree when have the led over alabama late in the game that running 3 run plays right up the middle in hurry up offense for 2 yards running 15 seconds off of the clock with an already beyond gassed defense is the right thing to do?

And to further I haven't once said Heupel wasn't the man for the job. He has to figure some defense out though.
You said in post earlier this year that UT would only win 3-4 games and you just wanted to be competitive against Fla and UGA and Bama. Then they did better than you expected and now you are still complaining

Reactions: VolDave53
They did win more than I expected but to say competitive against the big 3 is a stretch
You said in post earlier this year that UT would only win 3-4 games and you just wanted to be competitive against Fla and UGA and Bama. Then they did better than you expected and now you are still complaining
I don't consider 20 point losses competitive and if you do, your bar is really low

Tennessee's offense would have scored 35 points in the amount of time this video takes to watch. Does that answer their question?

Reactions: VolDave53
Oh yes. The ole lack of depth argument. That's always a good fall back. We been riding that coat tail how long now? No matter how you spin it if a kid is good enough to get an offer to even play for UT he should know the fundamentals of football and be really great. But I guess the lack of depth leaves the middle of the field wide open on 3rd and forever multiple times a game in multiple games for a slant pass for a 1st down. Same way as 3rd and Chavis but that never got blamed on depth back then. Funny how that was coaching but now it's depth.

I'm not troll, I'm a 43 years old life long vol fan from chattanooga. So again besides the moral victory, they played harder with more passion argument, I'm not arguing that. The offense is great but the defense is terrible. Tell more where all the improvement is. Serious question. Better tackling? Better coverage? Better 3rd defense ( which was awful) . Tell me. Honest question. I didn't say Heupel sucked, but to say there wasn't games this year where poor coaching decisions instead of talent cost us some key situations is asinine.
Do you honestly agree when have the led over alabama late in the game that running 3 run plays right up the middle in hurry up offense for 2 yards running 15 seconds off of the clock with an already beyond gassed defense is the right thing to do?
Geez Us, dude. You are the king of the rabbit trails and red herrings. The question being argued is: "true/false, UT is a good team". You went on several childish screeds about UT fans "settling" and complimenting the coaches. You stank up the thread with your pity party about what you've been waiting for and not seen. You've used illogical, irrational arguments that don't even stay consistent from post to post.

Here's the brass tacks of it. I consider top-25 teams to be "good teams". Not necessarily "great", but "good".

UT played Pitt until the final seconds. The refs had to take a TD off the board and Kiffin had to have his players flopping to slow up down (and we still had a chance as time expired). We straight up beat UK and that was never in doubt.

UT proved itself as "good" against "good" competition. I think they proved themselves competitive, but way too thin, against great teams.

Now, the question isn't "Is UT a GREAT" team". It isn't "does UT have perfect coaches?" Nor is it "does UT lack the need for improvement?" The question is, "Is UT a good team?" So, your latest post is still just emotional whining, red herring.

Here's what you need to come to grips with. Every time we've fired a staff, we take at least one step back and reset the build clock. So, it doesn't matter what you've been begging for for 15 years. That's all water under the bridge. What matters is the current state of the program, its direction/trajectory, and looking for indications about whether we're doing the right things to continue on correct course.

Complaining that things should be great because you've run out of patience is illogical and rightly sets you up to be mocked mercilessly.

So, to simplify this again, which you seem to need done all too often: I think that UT is a good team, as shown against good competition this year. We still have a LONG way to go before we see greatness (if we ever see it), but it is what it is. We can either find the things that allow us to enjoy the process, we can stop following the team, or we can throw useless tantrums and be a joke fanbase.

Other than that... You do you.

VN Store

Back