Tennessee is NOT a good football team - Fact or Fiction

UT should never lose to pitt. Team is better than they were under Pruitt, but ever since Dooley, UT fans have lowered the bar of expectations. Basically willing to settle. UT isn't good until they can play on the same field as UGA, Florida, and Bama without a double digit loss being the result. What is your definition of patience? 10 years? 15 years? I've patiently been waiting on UT to beat Florida for what 15 years? A mediocre Kentucky team can do it. A crap Missouri team can do it. But my vols get drilled by double digits. It amazes me how many of our fans are this accepting of losing to the big 3 every year. The top talent doesn't want to play were moral victories count, and UT is certainly turning into moral victory U.
No moral victory stuff here. Question was is TN a good football team, the answer is yes, and getting better. Elite, No. What was expected this yr. from anyone not delusional was far less than what we ended up with. This team is better right now than any team Pruitt fielded, most Jones teams, and probably any Dooley team. Fight to the end, even when depth and talent are not up to where they performed. Nobody is willing to settle, If you read the comment, the patience factor is with the current staff. Sorry Moses, not going back to the end of the Fulmer era, just CURRENT staff. For the record I have been waiting as long as you, Been going to games since Bill Battle was the coach. Took Majors a while to deliver, but without that stability the 90"s don't happen. Got to admit. isn't it nice to see a coaching $hit show in college football and TN not being in the thick of it?

Reactions: Orange_Crush
No moral victory stuff here. Question was is TN a good football team, the answer is yes, and getting better. Elite, No. What was expected this yr. from anyone not delusional was far less than what we ended up with. This team is better right now than any team Pruitt fielded, most Jones teams, and probably any Dooley team. Fight to the end, even when depth and talent are not up to where they performed. Nobody is willing to settle, If you read the comment, the patience factor is with the current staff. Sorry Moses, not going back to the end of the Fulmer era, just CURRENT staff. For the record I have been waiting as long as you, Been going to games since Bill Battle was the coach. Took Majors a while to deliver, but without that stability the 90"s don't happen. Got to admit. isn't it nice to see a coaching $hit show in college football and TN not being in the thick of it?
Sorry to disagree, but yes sir, read the volnation forum pages, many UT fans are completely satisfied losing to bama, uga, and Florida

UT should never lose to pitt. Team is better than they were under Pruitt, but ever since Dooley, UT fans have lowered the bar of expectations. Basically willing to settle. UT isn't good until they can play on the same field as UGA, Florida, and Bama without a double digit loss being the result. What is your definition of patience? 10 years? 15 years? I've patiently been waiting on UT to beat Florida for what 15 years? A mediocre Kentucky team can do it. A crap Missouri team can do it. But my vols get drilled by double digits. It amazes me how many of our fans are this accepting of losing to the big 3 every year. The top talent doesn't want to play were moral victories count, and UT is certainly turning into moral victory U.
Settle? Explain.

What would you have us do to not "settle"? As though we have the power to dictate the quality of play and win/loss record.

Your post reads like a petulant kid's temper tantrum.

Sorry to disagree, but yes sir, read the volnation forum pages, many UT fans are completely satisfied losing to bama, uga, and Florida
You should learn the difference between "realism", and "Completely satisfied". Many in the fanbase are saying basically, "We have a long way to go, but I do believe we made up some ground faster than I thought we would. I see hope for the future."

Reactions: Rickyvol77
N
Settle? Explain.

What would you have us do to not "settle"? As though we have the power to dictate the quality of play and win/loss record.

Not settle, let me rephrase, praise the coaching staff for losing by double digits.

You should learn the difference between "realism", and "Completely satisfied". Many in the fanbase are saying basically, "We have a long way to go, but I do believe we made up some ground faster than I thought we would. I see hope for the future."
Same old song and dance, Been getting there for 16 years now

I'm as real of a person ever

Same old song and dance, Been getting there for 16 years now
So answer the questions.

I'll repeat myself. Your posting sounds like a kid in a toy store that didn't get what he asked for, so he'll stamp his feet and cry until he does.

But you're even worse. You're an immature little brat that not only throws tantrums; you want to mock the adults that have endured just as much as you (perhaps even more), realize that life doesn't always give them what they ask for, so take a realistic and measured approach. You mock the adults who know it won't be an overnight turnaround so are taking measured satisfaction in what appear to be better in intial results than expected.

If you had an ounce of self respect, you'd stop embarrassing yourself in the toy store and grow up.

Reactions: Behr
Why does it take UT several years when other programs seem to do that much quicker? McElwain won the SEC E his 1st 2 seasons at UF and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Kirby was in the NC his 2nd year. Coach O won the NC in his 3rd full season at LSU. Chizik won a NC his 2nd year at Auburn. Malzahn won the SEC and was in the title game his 1st season at Auburn.

I'm not saying UT needs to be at that level or fire the coach. Firing coaches every 2-3 years is not the path to success. But it doesn't HAVE to take several years to compete at that level, IMO.

Or look at pitman at Arkansas. Didn't they lose like 17 consecutive sec games before Sam signed on? I know it's his second year but he also played the 9th hardest schedule against our 24th and won 8 vs our 7 with less talent. Kiffin had an outstanding year at OM his second year. Truth is if at least 2 of bama, Georgia and Florida aren't down then history says we want be near the top. Figure in the middle of the sec is getting to be tougher competition it makes the climb steeper. Those 3 schools plus LSU and A&M have a higher ceiling imo. Mizz is putting together a great class and KY is even ahead of us right now. Who would have ever seen those 2 schools ahead of us in recruiting EVER? With Texas and Oklahoma joining its not going to get easier.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Settle? Explain.

They never can explain and most won't even try. I used to ask until I was blue in the face.

I Behr, do not accept losing to Florida this year nor do I accept losing to GA and Ala**** by double digits.

Now what?

So answer the questions.

I'll repeat myself. Your posting sounds like a kid in a toy store that didn't get what he asked for, so he'll stamp his feet and cry until he does.

But you're even worse. You're an immature little brat that not only throws tantrums; you want to mock the adults that have endured just as much as you (perhaps even more), realize that life doesn't always give them what they ask for, so take a realistic and measured approach. You mock the adults who know it won't be an overnight turnaround so are taking measured satisfaction in what appear to be better in intial results than expected.

If you had an ounce of self respect, you'd stop embarrassing yourself in the toy store and grow up.
Never said I didn't see improvement but be real if you're an 18 year old kid who could go anywhere to play football, would you go to Tennessee who loses to the big 3 on a consistent basis? Don't know your age but you're probably in the everyone gets a trophy generation. In order for Tennessee to be considered good, they must complete a football game without being completely dominated and before anyone says they weren't, any loss more than 20 points is terrible.

Keep settling for mediocrity and excellence isn't in grasp. Good day sir.
Talking about the same old song and dance. Lol.

What are you doing about it?? Tell me big boy, exactly how much bishing, moaning and crying like little 8 year old girls that got called a big doodie pants, would you like the rest of us to join you in? And what has it accomplished for you over the past 15 years??

I'll wait.

Or look at pitman at Arkansas. Didn't they lose like 17 consecutive sec games before Sam signed on? I know it's his second year but he also played the 9th hardest schedule against our 24th and won 8 vs our 7 with less talent. Kiffin had an outstanding year at OM his second year. Truth is if at least 2 of bama, Georgia and Florida aren't down then history says we want be near the top. Figure in the middle of the sec is getting to be tougher competition it makes the climb steeper. Those 3 schools plus LSU and A&M have a higher ceiling imo. Mizz is putting together a great class and KY is even ahead of us right now. Who would have ever seen those 2 schools ahead of us in recruiting EVER? With Texas and Oklahoma joining its not going to get easier.
Screenshot_2020-02-28-16-26-08-1.png

Never said I didn't see improvement but be real if you're an 18 year old kid who could go anywhere to play football, would you go to Tennessee who loses to the big 3 on a consistent basis? Don't know your age but you're probably in the everyone gets a trophy generation. In order for Tennessee to be considered good, they must complete a football game without being completely dominated and before anyone says they weren't, any loss more than 20 points is terrible.

I not a millennial.

What you did was scree about your expectations and bemoan the fact that other adults haven't chosen to public humiliate ourselves because our chosen football team has had a horrible 15 years or so.

Now you're backtracking in an effort to establish your definition of "good" as the one everyone should be using. So, we'll add a bit of arrogance to the recipe. Not surprising.

The fact of the matter is that UT has been on a downward spiral that bottomed out as "putrid" under Pruitt. UT performed admirably this year considering extended history and the roster issues they've endured going into this season. So, comparatively speaking--to recent UT history and generally "good" (note that we're not using the term "great") teams-- UT was a "good" team this year.

You're just stamping your feet and rolling around on the ground because you want a "great" UT team. Hopefully that'll come.

And you mocked UT fans for congratulating our coaches on a season that doesn't meet your standards of greatness.

N
Not settle, let me rephrase, praise the coaching staff for losing by double digits.

But despite your narcissistic leanings, we're not using your tantrum as the standard. We're looking at reasonable expectations and saying, "Damn, they blew right past that. That was a great job!"

It's kind of like seeing your mom's station wagon finish middle of the pack in NASCAR and being very impressed with the driver. You're Ricky Bobby's drunk dad that staggers in and pisses on the accomplishment because they didn't win the race.

Again. You really should consider growing up.

Reactions: saxvol
It's football. We're finally doing better, seem to have a decent coach, more than a football team worth of players including some of our best, left. We're under investigation after arguably 10-12 years of the worst football in our history 4 AD'S and 5 coaches in that span ......and we still have fans bishing at other fans about settling for mediocrity when all we've done is point out the positive We're seeing, concerning football.

I can fight stupid with stupid with the best of'um. Lol

Reactions: saxvol
Talking about the same old song and dance. Lol.

What are you doing about it?? Tell me big boy, exactly how much bishing, moaning and crying like little 8 year old girls that got called a big doodie pants, would you like the rest of us to join you in? And what has it accomplished for you over the past 15 years??

I'll wait.
In what ways besides morale have we improved. Double digit losses to all 3 rivals. Oh wait more passion. Tell me old man how have we improved. I'll wait and listen. You don't wanna get in a name calling contest.

I not a millennial.

What you did was scree about your expectations and bemoan the fact that other adults haven't chosen to public humiliate ourselves because our chosen football team has had a horrible 15 years or so.

Now you're backtracking in an effort to establish your definition of "good" as the one everyone should be using. So, we'll add a bit of arrogance to the recipe. Not surprising.

The fact of the matter is that UT has been on a downward spiral that bottomed out as "putrid" under Pruitt. UT performed admirably this year considering extended history and the roster issues they've endured going into this season. So, comparatively speaking--to recent UT history and generally "good" (note that we're not using the term "great") teams-- UT was a "good" team this year.

You're just stamping your feet and rolling around on the ground because you want a "great" UT team. Hopefully that'll come.

And you mocked UT fans for congratulating our coaches on a season that doesn't meet your standards of greatness.

But despite your narcissistic leanings, we're not using your tantrum as the standard. We're looking at reasonable expectations and saying, "Damn, they blew right past that. That was a great job!"

It's kind of like seeing your mom's station wagon finish middle of the pack in NASCAR and being very impressed with the driver. You're Ricky Bobby's drunk dad that staggers in and pisses on the accomplishment because they didn't win the race.

Again. You really should consider growing up.
I have a great career, have a great life. I didn't accomplish it settling for mediocrity. Maybe you're the other half of the shake and bake since you're astonished with talladega nights.

Still struggling, I see.
Whatever. Tell me ole wise one. What is an acceptable time frame to expect to play on the same field as a s__t Florida team? The worst team they fielded in years. 10 years? 15 years? Oh wait it's been that long. 20 years a good time to expect it?

Whatever. Tell me ole wise one. What is an acceptable time frame to expect to play on the same field as a s__t Florida team? The worst team they fielded in years. 10 years? 15 years? Oh wait it's been that long. 20 years a good time to expect it?
Sad. 1/2 a dozen posts and you aren't even asking the correct questions. You're still a red herring about your desires and expectation as opposed to the simple question: "was UT a 'good' team this year"?

UT is a 'good team'. They played competitively with several 'good' (and ranked) teams this year. Pitt, UK, Ole Miss, etc...

You took that and acted like a toddler who hasn't had his candy in weeks. We get it. Your ego NEEDS a great UT team soon. Your ego NEEDS for a good but thin UT team to be 4 quarter competitive with Bama, UGA and UF.

To answer your question, I don't know. And I won't act like a toddler if my preferences don't happen. And it won't be "settling" if I am pleasantly surprised by faster improvement than expecting because the idea of "settling" entails the concept of me having some control in the situation.

You... lol You take all your pent up disappointment and tell us again what you've wanted and not been given.

You may want to choose a different hobby. You obviously aren't cut out for this.

Sad. 1/2 a dozen posts and you aren't even asking the correct questions. You're still a red herring about your desires and expectation as opposed to the simple question: "was UT a 'good' team this year"?

UT is a 'good team'. They played competitively with several 'good' (and ranked) teams this year. Pitt, UK, Ole Miss, etc...

You took that and acted like a toddler who hasn't had his candy in weeks. We get it. Your ego NEEDS a great UT team soon. Your ego NEEDS for a good but thin UT team to be 4 quarter competitive with Bama, UGA and UF.

To answer your question, I don't know. And I won't act like a toddler if my preferences don't happen. And it won't be "settling" if I am pleasantly surprised by faster improvement than expecting because the idea of "settling" entails the concept of me having some control in the situation.

You... lol You take all your pent up disappointment and tell us again what you've wanted and not been given.

You may want to choose a different hobby. You obviously aren't cut out for this.
Kentucky has beaten Tennessee 3 times in my lifetime so unlike you I don't consider a win over Kentucky a mile stone. But hey I'll join you woo-hoo we played competitive for a quarter against a crap gator team and we scored more points on uga than anyone else and lasted almost 3 full quarters against they mighty tide and just almost pulled an upset against the all mighty pitt team. I love these moral victories. I'll book mark this page and I already know what you will say if Florida beats UT.

VN Store

Back