Tennessee is going no where under Barnes (Good news)

Michigan was more physical all night. IMO I think it has to do with how the reg season is played. The SEC calls everything a foul, the B10 lets players shoot each other and its only a foul if they see blood. I think there needs to be an off season conversation about letting the SEC be more physical.

The Big Ten has not had a good tournament this yr and they were abysmal last yr

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Improvement and consistency is what I stated, and I'm not ruling out a return from Kennedy until He makes it official.
BHH has a year to work on it....Grant Williams says hello.
Kennedy would benefit with a return one would think. More to his game than we have seen. I think he took this loss hard....All Vol?

(Wrong Post Quoted in Reply)

And to add to that, I read where someone at the game saw the refs were HUGGING Juwan during warmups. No wonder they let UM do whatever they wanted.

That was me, I'll repost here:

"We didn't lose because of officiating. However, I was at the game and right before tipoff all 3 refs gave a lingering "bro hug" to Juwan Howard. All 3! It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I texted my wife immediately about it."

Reactions: 7maxims
That was me, I'll repost here:

"We didn't lose because of officiating. However, I was at the game and right before tipoff all 3 refs gave a lingering "bro hug" to Juwan Howard. All 3! It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I texted my wife immediately about it."
That Post kind of states that there could have been some swallowed whistle no looks. As emphasized 3 point shooting was the main culprit to our loss. I did see several pass up on 3 point shots......in the first half but who knows. Tennessee for the most part played on their heels in this game.....

All coaches and teams are judged by greatness in the NCAA Tournament. If Coach K or Pat Summitt won't 1000+ games and no championships, their legacy would be much much different. The best coaches are those who are known for making runs in the tournament. The elite coaches and programs seem to do it way more often than others. That's why they are viewed as elite.

Anyone who says different is just trying to sugar coat it.
And who would you propose that we get that could do a better job than Barnes? I pointed out in another thread that 5 open spots have been filled in the conference. One filled with a coach who probably would have been fired at FL next year. The other 4 with unproven mid major coaches. You don’t think FL and LSU couldn’t afford to hire established coaches? The “elite” ones are established where they are and are already making big bucks. Some are too old to pursue. Anybody else is a crapshoot. So I would suggest sitting back and enjoying what you can or changing schools to root for. Barnes is going nowhere until he decides to retire. Maybe then we think about a Buzz Williams or someone like that.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
All coaches and teams are judged by greatness in the NCAA Tournament. If Coach K or Pat Summitt won't 1000+ games and no championships, their legacy would be much much different. The best coaches are those who are known for making runs in the tournament. The elite coaches and programs seem to do it way more often than others. That's why they are viewed as elite.

Anyone who says different is just trying to sugar coat it.
So there are only what 10 elite coaches in the last 20 years?

VN Store

Back