Tennessee In The 2009 Paradise Jam.

hatvol96

Next year's early season tournament trip will be to the Virgin Islands. Other teams in the field are Saint Joe's, Boston College, DePaul, Northern Iowa, Purdue, South Dakota State, with one team TBA.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Next year's early season tournament trip will be to the Virgin Islands. Other teams in the field are Saint Joe's, Boston College, DePaul, Northern Iowa, Purdue, South Dakota State, with one team TBA.

Wow weaker than this year. I wonder if Bruce is planning on scheduling difficult nonconference games other than this tournament or has decided to make it a little easier so we won't have 10 losses. I'd rather have a tough schedule though, and I think we will. Purdue will be really tough if we end up playing them.

I don't think Pearl should change his scheduling philosophies. The gators piled up over 20 wins last year, and that still didn't get them into the tournament. If you want your team to improve and be a solid team, you have to play solid teams.

RPI and strength of schedule are of extreme importance when the NCAA pickers go to work in March.

Tennessee should win the tournament unless there's a great TBD team in the field. Purdue and Boston College shouldn't be a match for Tennessee.

Tennessee should win the tournament unless there's a great TBD team in the field. Purdue and Boston College shouldn't be a match for Tennessee.
Unless there is unexpected turnover on one or both of the rosters, Purdue will beat Tennessee's eyes shut if they play.

Virgin Islands, huh?

Now that's a preseason tourney I might just have to attend.

Wow weaker than this year. I wonder if Bruce is planning on scheduling difficult nonconference games other than this tournament or has decided to make it a little easier so we won't have 10 losses. I'd rather have a tough schedule though, and I think we will. Purdue will be really tough if we end up playing them.

me too...i like the 2nd toughest schedule compared to the 101st that florida has...makes a big difference come tournament time

well fellas we at least know we get marquette in wisconsin somewhere like they played us in nashville this year in the SEC Big East challenge. we also have Kansa at Home and at Memphis. so yes schedule gonna be plenty tough next year. Especially if what Jimmy Hyams reported that Tyler is going to leave since will have his degree and even if he doesnt get drafted high, he knows some really good money will be waiting in Europe for him.

well fellas we at least know we get marquette in wisconsin somewhere like they played us in nashville this year in the SEC Big East challenge. we also have Kansa at Home and at Memphis. so yes schedule gonna be plenty tough next year. Especially if what Jimmy Hyams reported that Tyler is going to leave since will have his degree and even if he doesnt get drafted high, he knows some really good money will be waiting in Europe for him.

No - we don't play in the Big East/SEC challenge again next year.

Schedule is plenty tough enough with regular season games. This tournament should give us some good coinfidence early in the season.

and there was alot of young talent in the SEC this year so i think it will be much better. VU will be tough, UK will be Uk, USC is turnin their swag up, if MSU plays d then they are a tough out, UF will have athletes, UGa will be better, hard to be any worse, LSU will return alot of youth from this yrs team. Ole miss would be the team i bet on to win the conf next season. Ala and ark arent even playin basketball
but the tourny will be very winable.

Don't look down on Purdue, they're a young team. Hummel and company are a 4 or 5 seed this year, and next year they should be VERY VERY good.

With all of the Big East Baloney by the national media, we still beat Marquette and Georgetown by 12.
Georgetown is about 11th in the Big East right now. How'd grsbbing ahold of Louisville in the NCAAs turn out last year?

and there was alot of young talent in the SEC this year so i think it will be much better. VU will be tough, UK will be Uk, USC is turnin their swag up, if MSU plays d then they are a tough out, UF will have athletes, UGa will be better, hard to be any worse, LSU will return alot of youth from this yrs team. Ole miss would be the team i bet on to win the conf next season. Ala and ark arent even playin basketball
but the tourny will be very winable.
What LSU team are you watching? They lose their three best players off this team.

I like this tourney...not as deep a field as we have played the last couple of years, but still should be a good test for this squad.

VN Store

Back