Tennessee in Pursuit of Jabril Cox (NDSU)

Joe Dirt

Business Up Front
Haven't heard anyone talking about this yet, but would be enormous if he came here. Probably starts next to To'oto'o week1.

"Enter Jabril Cox — a star linebacker transferring from FCS North Dakota State. Cox is ready for a bigger challenge after earning three FCS titles and a 45-1 record with the Bison.
The interest around the college football world was instant, and massive. More than 40 FBS teams reached out to Cox via Twitter after his announcement on Monday morning.

Cox stands in at 6-3, 233 pounds and is already a two time All-American. He put up 258 tackles, 14 sacks and 32 tackles for loss in his career. Now with a senior season left to play, Cox is looking to make a move to the SEC, if you follow the Twitter follows. One potential non-SEC fit could be Kansas State, who hired away Chris Klieman from North Dakota State last season.
For Tennessee, Cox offers a versatile body that can handle inside responsibilities while also offering pass rush and pass coverage ability. These are the types of guys that Jeremy Pruitt values, and it sounds like he’s already gotten past the first barrier of contact."

Tennessee in pursuit of Jabril Cox, a grad-transfer linebacker from North Dakota State

Never heard of this guy. But after seeing the defensive improvements this team has made under Pruitt, if he wants him then bring him on.

Reactions: joevol33
Could alleviate the loss of Bituli?

I don't think anyone is just dying to see what JJ Peterson does with a starting role.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Could alleviate the loss of Bituli?

I don't think anyone is just dying to see what JJ Peterson does with a starting role.
Different position. This guy’s an edge.

Haven't heard anyone talking about this yet, but would be enormous if he came here. Probably starts next to To'oto'o week1.

"Enter Jabril Cox — a star linebacker transferring from FCS North Dakota State. Cox is ready for a bigger challenge after earning three FCS titles and a 45-1 record with the Bison.
The interest around the college football world was instant, and massive. More than 40 FBS teams reached out to Cox via Twitter after his announcement on Monday morning.

Cox stands in at 6-3, 233 pounds and is already a two time All-American. He put up 258 tackles, 14 sacks and 32 tackles for loss in his career. Now with a senior season left to play, Cox is looking to make a move to the SEC, if you follow the Twitter follows. One potential non-SEC fit could be Kansas State, who hired away Chris Klieman from North Dakota State last season.
For Tennessee, Cox offers a versatile body that can handle inside responsibilities while also offering pass rush and pass coverage ability. These are the types of guys that Jeremy Pruitt values, and it sounds like he’s already gotten past the first barrier of contact."

Tennessee in pursuit of Jabril Cox, a grad-transfer linebacker from North Dakota State
They mentioned this on Sports Animal earlier today. He would be a good get to replace Bituli.

Reactions: Retired Vol Fanatic
Would make me feel a lot better about the season, the ILB spot next to Henry is my biggest worry for the upcoming year. NDSU is a great program so I’m sure he’s been coached well

VN Store

Back