Tennessee in Pursuit of Jabril Cox (NDSU)

Inb4 hes the next Al Wilson , figured I would go ahead and get this out of the way

Haven't heard anyone talking about this yet, but would be enormous if he came here. Probably starts next to To'oto'o week1.

"Enter Jabril Cox — a star linebacker transferring from FCS North Dakota State. Cox is ready for a bigger challenge after earning three FCS titles and a 45-1 record with the Bison.
The interest around the college football world was instant, and massive. More than 40 FBS teams reached out to Cox via Twitter after his announcement on Monday morning.

Cox stands in at 6-3, 233 pounds and is already a two time All-American. He put up 258 tackles, 14 sacks and 32 tackles for loss in his career. Now with a senior season left to play, Cox is looking to make a move to the SEC, if you follow the Twitter follows. One potential non-SEC fit could be Kansas State, who hired away Chris Klieman from North Dakota State last season.
For Tennessee, Cox offers a versatile body that can handle inside responsibilities while also offering pass rush and pass coverage ability. These are the types of guys that Jeremy Pruitt values, and it sounds like he’s already gotten past the first barrier of contact."

Tennessee in pursuit of Jabril Cox, a grad-transfer linebacker from North Dakota State

Not yes but HELL YES!

Coaches lining up to call this guy:
giphy.gif

Reactions: MarcoVol
Could alleviate the loss of Bituli?

I don't think anyone is just dying to see what JJ Peterson does with a starting role.
I will second that. I have watched him on several plays while he is on the field. I just don't see what the hype is all about.

Wonder why he didnt declare for NFL. If he's as valuable as it seems, looks like he could have been a high draft. He played on National stage yearly vs the best of FCS. Which the NFL has it's share of FCS players playing at a high level.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Wonder why he didnt declare for NFL. If he's as valuable as it seems, looks like he could have been a high draft. He played on National stage yearly vs the best of FCS. Which the NFL has it's share of FCS players playing at a high level.
Daniel Bituli is unlikely to be drafted and he did just fine at UT.

He has been contacted by EVERY bigtime school in the country. He can literally go wherever he wants. It would be a great job by CJP and staff to even get him to consider UT. A one-year player of his caliber usually wants to go somewhere that has a legit championship shot in '20. I don't think that's us.

He has been contacted by EVERY bigtime school in the country. He can literally go wherever he wants. It would be a great job by CJP and staff to even get him to consider UT. A one-year player of his caliber usually wants to go somewhere that has a legit championship shot in '20. I don't think that's us.
This guys is only concerned with immediate playing time. He has proved himself at the FCS level but only has one year to do it in the FBS. He’s not so much concerned about a championship as he is going to a place that will give him the best opportunity in the NFL.
I’m not saying that’s here but that will be the factor that drives his decision.

He might be one of those guys who wont test well and was probably advised to go play better competition since the report says he is mainly considering the SEC schools. Could be he just needs more tape against top notch athletes. When guys get to the NFL from lower level football they are usually freak athletes. He might not be one of those types. He is probably just a really good football player.

Tweet the pic of hordes of green and yellow RV’s and campers occupying Frisco and let us know how it comes out. We’re driving.
Your pals,
Bison faithful

They did show up in Frisco! I was at the Concrete Cowboy with some JMU fans and both teams seemed to travel well. I don't know if the NDSU folk were there for football or just trying to get warm but they made a good showing. I'll admit the stadium looked half empty during the game.

Reactions: butchna
They did show up in Frisco! I was at the Concrete Cowboy with some JMU fans and both teams seemed to travel well. I don't know if the NDSU folk were there for football or just trying to get warm but they made a good showing. I'll admit the stadium looked half empty during the game.
They’ve developed a routine. They’re there every year!

Haven't been on here in awhile. I would assume we are completely out of the Evans sweepstakes right?

VN Store

Back