*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Brian Rice just said on Ainge's show that he expects a hire by Friday, which seems to contradict what some others are saying who expect Pruitt to take his time.
Rush answer this time of year screams internal promotion.

Reactions: Weezer
Rush answer this time of year screams internal promotion.
Yeah, Hubbs and others have suggested they expect Pruitt to take his time and not rush into a decision, so we'll see.

I think Freeze would only stay a year or two before taking a head coach job somewhere and don't see the administration taking the risk, although it would be a huge splash hire and would definitely fix the offense in a hurry. I'm sure his salary might make some eyes roll as well. After last year's coaching search, I see the administration playing it safe. Kitchens might have connections through the obvious donor (I'm not saying that H***** word!) and has a decent resume with NFL experience, which he could sell to recruits. But at the same time, when was the last time he had to recruit, 2005? I don't think Lindsey has enough experience, unless the administration just wants to be cheap. You get what you pay for. Enos is someone to watch. I think he'd jump ship if the offer is good enough. He has a good college coaching resume with SEC offense experience. If the administration wants him, they had better lock him down before Mike Locksley shows interest in Maryland (or vice versa).

Freeze at best would have a decent look at jobs after year 2. He would be doing a bigger rebuild and overhaul than that of ole miss. Not worried about him jumping ship after one or two years. After all, Pickens are slim so get him to agree to a nice escalating contract ($700K in years 1 and 2 and then $1.2-1.4 million in year 3) with a big buyout if he leaves in first 3 years.

Yeah, Hubbs and others have suggested they expect Pruitt to take his time and not rush into a decision, so we'll see.
I am not sure what to expect from Pruitt on a search like this, especially on offense. I think he wants to be a Bielema type and control some of that side. Enos does have experience with that so he makes a lot of sense. He did not have a great second year with Bielema so not a slam dunk.

Reactions: Weezer
Yes..Kiffin isn’t coming here because Fulmer won’t accept it...That’s exactly what’s preventing a current head coach that took his current job after leaving Alabama as an OC from taking an OC position at a struggling SEC program....

Even if Fulmer wanted Kiffin, he wouldnt come here for OC.

I'm hearing from unreliable sources inside Tennessee that the new OC has been hired and will be announced at a date in the future. My source tells me the new guy wants to run the ball when he doesn't pass and prefers run fakes in the play-action pass game. Look for a lot of multiple formations featuring Tight Ends, Running Backs, Receivers and Offensive Linemen.

This. Hurts may not be able to pass well enough to beat Alabama and Georgia, but aren’t ready to take that step anyway. If he’s good enough to get us to a bowl, he’s worth the scholarship

Uhhh.... wasn’t Hurts like 22-2 or 24-2 as a starter.....

Good lord he might not be the best passer there ever was but the kid can sling it.

Reactions: 1TheCoach1
Apparently WNML is reporting that Friend OC is the most likely scenario?

If so, BREAKING NEWS: "Man who thought he had lost all hope loses last additional bit of hope he didnt even know he still had." :(
Im loading up on "sarcastic celebration" gifs for the announcement thread, jic.

Uhhh.... wasn’t Hurts like 22-2 or 24-2 as a starter.....

Good lord he might not be the best passer there ever was but the kid can sling it.
Here's his numbers from 2017. Doesn't exactly jump off the stat sheet, but at least he protected the ball. I don't think it's fair to judge him just on his passing ability though. Same goes for guys like Nick Fitzgerald. Running the ball is a big part of their game, but to beat teams like Alabama and Georgia you have to be able to move the ball when the defense takes away the run. I'm not sure that Hurts could do that, although he has looked better this year. All things considered, I do think he would be an upgrade over Guarantano.

1543346201663.png

Here's his numbers from 2017. Doesn't exactly jump off the stat sheet, but at least he protected the ball. I don't think it's fair to judge him just on his passing ability though. Same goes for guys like Nick Fitzgerald. Running the ball is a big part of their game, but to beat teams like Alabama and Georgia you have to be able to move the ball when the defense takes away the run. I'm not sure that Hurts could do that, although he has looked better this year. All things considered, I do think he would be an upgrade over Guarantano.

View attachment 178026
If our offense/QB can one day throw for 120 yards and 2 TDs in the Sugar Bowl I will name first born daughter whatever this forum decides lol

Brian Rice just said on Ainge's show that he expects a hire by Friday, which seems to contradict what some others are saying who expect Pruitt to take his time.

Can't take his time. We've got EE in less than a month and NSD around the corner. Might determine who this new OC can bring with him also. I'd like to sure up some additional elite talent in this class.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Bubba the Love Sponge said on his show that he spotted Hugh Freeze pumping gas at a Circle K and he was talking on his cell phone. Speculation is he was talking to somebody from Tennessee and that he is interested in the job.

Reactions: VeeOhElEsYes
I'm hearing from unreliable sources inside Tennessee that the new OC has been hired and will be announced at a date in the future. My source tells me the new guy wants to run the ball when he doesn't pass and prefers run fakes in the play-action pass game. Look for a lot of multiple formations featuring Tight Ends, Running Backs, Receivers and Offensive Linemen.
And no quarterback. I like it.

Bubba the Love Sponge said on his show that he spotted Hugh Freeze pumping gas at a Circle K and he was talking on his cell phone. Speculation is he was talking to somebody from Tennessee and that he is interested in the job.

has to be fake... those who want to coach at TN have to gas up at Pilot Flying J

VN Store

Back