*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Sankey asked Saban not to hire Freeze as co-offensive coordinator, as it would look bad for the conference to have Freeze coaching, while Ole Miss was on probation. I think it would be possible, but Freeze is already under contract with Arizona Firebirds, a new football league that I think starts in 2019

It starts in February of 2019 and I bet he would gladly leave the Arizona Firebirds to get back to the SEC

Reactions: dduncan4163
I grow more & more afraid that Pruitt is just going to promote within. This is his first real, full class and now we've already lost a pretty big assistant. I would think he might promote Friend just to maintain consistency going into reruiting

Honest question: wouldn't it be disadvantageous for us to hire a hurry-up, heavy RPO guy (ex. Hugh Freeze) if we just transferred away from that? Seems like we'd want to continue something similar

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Honest question: wouldn't it be disadvantageous for us to hire a hurry-up, heavy RPO guy (ex. Hugh Freeze) if we just transferred away from that? Seems like we'd want to continue something similar
Not if it ain’t working. Let Pruitt coach D and Freeze lead our O, and then we’re in great shape.

I would imagine it would be hard to lure him away from GA

If he was smart he would "entertain"us to get a big raise from UGA........kinda like a lot of our HC candidates last year. Sweet baby Jesus, please give us an outstanding OC this year for Christmas.....PLEASE!!!! We (real Tennessee faithful) deserve it. I miss the 90's!!!!

same here , we know Chaney can put points on the board and we know Pittman can coach a OL
His offenses were meh. I posted the stats in a thread a few weeks ago. Not terrible by any means, but overall not too impressive. I’d rather have Freeze

I don’t understand why Chip keeps getting thrown around? Why would Pruitt hire someone that he was able to shut down with an inferior team?

Why would Freeze take a risk at Auburn? It's possible Gus might be gone next year. The only upside of that risk is that Auburn might put him in as HC. If he's wanting to get back to being a HC then I guess Auburn might be his best and quickest path. If he's looking to rehabilitate his image before trying a HC job again then UT is where he needs to go.

He can easily slide into the HC position if Malzahn got fired. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem hiring him as HC with 2 wins against Alabama.

VN Store

Back