Tennessee comes in at No. 19 in ESPN FPI

westworld-cowboy-smoking-steaming-head-1379438294u.gif

That's a new one for me.

Reactions: peaygolf
I'm happy we are well rated but it's joke to have Nebraska and Florida State in the top 25. Also they've got Oklahoma ranked ahead of LSU and Georgia. I mean that is beyond hilarious. They don't have any credibility

This year and 2021 are OUs championship window year. Their offense should be better than last year (everyone returns except for CD and Hurts) and Grinch is the real deal (and 8/9 starters return).

I'm happy we are well rated but it's joke to have Nebraska and Florida State in the top 25. Also they've got Oklahoma ranked ahead of LSU and Georgia. I mean that is beyond hilarious. They don't have any credibility
You do know what LSU and UGA lost, right? OU has a lot coming back.

You do know what LSU and UGA lost, right? OU has a lot coming back.
OU can't play Defense at all. All 3 programs lost QBs. Georgia will still play good D and unfortunately will probably have a better QB. LSU will obviously be worse than they were but are still loaded and have an amazing receiving core. OU is also losing their best WR. We might have a chance against them I'm not saying we should expect a win but I think we've got a real chance

OU can't play Defense at all. All 3 programs lost QBs. Georgia will still play good D and unfortunately will probably have a better QB. LSU will obviously be worse than they were but are still loaded and have an amazing receiving core. OU is also losing their best WR. We might have a chance against them I'm not saying we should expect a win but I think we've got a real chance
I do too. I’m just not surprised OU is listed ahead of UGA and LSU in this “poll.” It’s based on returning production, not on who prognosticators believe is better. I don’t believe anyone thinks OU will be better than either of them.

This year and 2021 are OUs championship window year. Their offense should be better than last year (everyone returns except for CD and Hurts) and Grinch is the real deal (and 8/9 starters return).
I don't believe that at all. They can't play defense against good competition and are losing their best 2 offensive players. I'd say a regression is on the cards. I think they are a good team but not as good as they've been hyped up to be. Reckon we'll be finding out first hand in early September.

I do too. I’m just not surprised OU is listed ahead of UGA and LSU in this “poll.” It’s based on returning production, not on who prognosticators believe is better. I don’t believe anyone thinks OU will be better than either of them.
That makes more sense

I don't believe that at all. They can't play defense against good competition and are losing their best 2 offensive players. I'd say a regression is on the cards. I think they are a good team but not as good as they've been hyped up to be. Reckon we'll be finding out first hand in early September.

Losing Hurts will be addition by subtraction. As someone who watched every Oklahoma game, he simply couldn’t make the throws that Riley requires. The kool-aid around Rattler is that he’s better than Baker, and on Kyler M‘s level. The defense carried that team to the playoffs at which point it lost its best DE and best cover safety (which LSU picked on the backup ruthlessly). At full strength they were the best in the Big 12 with Grinch at the helm, but couldn’t stop LSU who put up pts on even the best defenses. Should be a fun and exciting game.

So regression is in the cards for OU, UGA, BAMA, LSU and AU according to this forum.. This is truly one of the reasons I love coming here.. Always entertaining

So regression is in the cards for OU, UGA, BAMA, LSU and AU according to this forum.. This is truly one of the reasons I love coming here.. Always entertaining

According to SOME on this forum. And mocking those with opinions that differ from you is why you love coming here? Trolling is entertaining to you?

Lol, yea I know.

Do you not see a possibility or see how someone else could see some regression in any or all of those teams you listed?

Reactions: lukeneyland
No explanation given for why VT jumped 23 spots, or Nebraska jumped 25 spots, or FSU jumped 28 spots, all into the top 25...

Every year, regardless of the news, I hope that Bama regresses, or has a weakness that can be exploited. While Saban is HC, I want Bama to come up short. To be honest, more than anything, I want Tennessee to defeat them on the gridiron.

According to SOME on this forum. And mocking those with opinions that differ from you is why you love coming here? Trolling is entertaining to you?

Lol, yea I know.

Do you not see a possibility or see how someone else could see some regression in any or all of those teams you listed?
I've never understood the joy of talking crap to random people on the internet 😂

Lol, yea I know.

Regression is normal of all teams in all sports. Bama, uga and au all "regressed" Last season. What makes it funny is the posters here believe all of these teams are going to step back to the point that Tenn is going to beat all of them. Tenn lost some good players and good coaches as well so where is the logic here? It's very entertaining to read such comments. Just as it is to go to the Gators forum and the Dawgs forum and read the delusion there... There's just not as much on those

Regression is normal of all teams in all sports. Bama, uga and au all "regressed" Last season. What makes it funny is the posters here believe all of these teams are going to step back to the point that Tenn is going to beat all of them. Tenn lost some good players and good coaches as well so where is the logic here? It's very entertaining to read such comments. Just as it is to go to the Gators forum and the Dawgs forum and read the delusion there... There's just not as much on those

I guess you have a point, we don't play all of those teams so if any posters here think we're gonna beat them all, that is pretty funny. But to beat all of the those that we do play that would mean we would likely go undefeated in regular season. Can you show me where someone has claimed that?

It would be interesting to see the percentage on your factual statement.

Reactions: SmilezDavis
I guess you have a point, we don't play all of those teams so if any posters here think we're gonna beat them all, that is pretty funny. But to beat all of the those that we do play that would mean we would likely go undefeated in regular season. Can you show me where someone has claimed that?

Classic case of overplaying your hand.

Then digging deeper after you missed and playing again.

No explanation given for why VT jumped 23 spots, or Nebraska jumped 25 spots, or FSU jumped 28 spots, all into the top 25...
It’s simple. Larger fan bases mean they will repost on their message boards = more clicks. Requires no work at all. That’s why USC, ND, UTx and UTn are normally on these preseason lists.

Ok my bad they have claimed that Tenn will beat uga ou and Bama. Just stated that LSU and au will regress didn't say Tenn would beat them.

Ok my bad they have claimed that Tenn will beat uga ou and Bama. Just stated that LSU and au will regress didn't say Tenn would beat them.
They who? Who has said Tennessee will beat all three? I've seen several say we should beat one or maybe two of the 3, but not all 3.

Reactions: Devo182
Looks like we got lumped in with 5 other fan based desperate for a good season to get clicks.
Same old same old. Schools that can recruit well, but have underperformed for years now. Pretty obvious why FPI sees jumps.

VN Store

Back