Tennessee can't afford to fire CJP

I don't disagree with anything said here but I would like to point out the feeling I had when we took the field and one of our own was leading the charge. When Majors returned it was the greatest feeling in the world even though we were only competitive at first. The switch to Fulmer was the same thing. It was our guy and we had total confidence. These hired guns are good but just not the same to me. We need to get Manning back here to get this thing back on track. He could coach his nephew to a national championship! Crazy??
Manning cares nothing about coaching. Why would he? He is already a multi-millionaire.

Manning cares nothing about coaching. Why would he? He is already a multi-millionaire.
I agree. Why is the world would Peyton give up the life he has now for a 24/7 crucible job that would have all the Vol fans who love him now begin to hate him when he loses to Alabama, Florida, and Georgia the first year? I think most of us can agree PM will never be a coach on the UT football staff.

I agree, but it's not about the money. He is a tactical wizard who loves the X's and O's, first in the film room last to leave. He must miss it, he's a football junkie! Fanbase needs to call out like we did for Majors.

I agree, but it's not about the money. He is a tactical wizard who loves the X's and O's, first in the film room last to leave. He must miss it, he's a football junkie! Fanbase needs to call out like we did for Majors.

Please don't call out for Peyton, I don't want to hate him too.

Reactions: IPleadInsanity
I’ll give him your opinion.....He’ll just be devastated!
I didn't say he cared about my opinion. If he cared about my opinion, or that of any other Vol fan, he wouldn't treat the football program so cavalierly. I can only hope that someday someone will treat something important to him with the same utter disdain and disregard he has for the fan base of this program.

The conundrum is going to be if we don’t hire him he’s going to be beating us every year because he will be in the SEC and most likely a 50% chance of being in the east. Life is full of challenges we never seem to get them right.

I didn't say he cared about my opinion. If he cared about my opinion, or that of any other Vol fan, he wouldn't treat the football program so cavalierly. I can only hope that someday someone will treat something important to him with the same utter disdain and disregard he has for the fan base of this program.
LoL.....

Good luck with that...
They certainly know how to evaluate the cost/benefit analysis of keeping or firing Pruitt. I’m also sure they want UT to have a better program. Just because UT is not developing the program up to the standard the fans want doesn’t mean they are not trying. It’s a crapshoot. I’m sure Alabama was not certain what Saban would do when he was first hired. Pruitt at face value, was not a bad hire to begin with although it is almost certainly viewed that way now.

I said before the season started I don't see any school making this type of decision in 2020. It's a throw away season. Pruitt will be here next year barring loosing every remaining game, they could but probably want. Let's just hope his field general gets married and moves to Europe.

Oregon st says hi.

Reactions: Zues1
Hell better freeze over before they give that ignorant, fat ass AD another contract.....
Be respectful man. Dude gave us a national championship. Why knock him? I’m mad as hell as well, but this anger needs to be directed elsewhere. Last season into this season, we had the best or top 3 best winning streak. I understand why fulmer extended him! U might not, but everyone with a brain (at that time) did!

Here's a crazy ideal.. Start a go fund me page to pay the buyout and hire a real HC/staff. Fans, former Vols, alum, and prominent folks in and around Knoxville would gladly chip in. 650k donations of just 20 dollars = 13 mil.
Raise ticket prices $2 per ticket with the $2 designated to the buyout fund. That’s over a million a year

They cant afford the fan base saying fk you.... Covid is a mask the rest of the year to show how much the fan base is done... I'd bet you wouldn't have seen 80k for Texas A&M...

Reactions: onevol74
They certainly know how to evaluate the cost/benefit analysis of keeping or firing Pruitt. I’m also sure they want UT to have a better program. Just because UT is not developing the program up to the standard the fans want doesn’t mean they are not trying. It’s a crapshoot. I’m sure Alabama was not certain what Saban would do when he was first hired. Pruitt at face value, was not a bad hire to begin with although it is almost certainly viewed that way now.
Fair enough, that's your opinion. I'm of the opinion that the big donors are fractured. For whatever reason, be it egos, who gets the recognition, etc., they're not all pulling in the same direction. They don't seem committed to ensuring the program gets back to a championship level.

As far as the administration goes, I believe they do not want the football program to have the power it once did. They blew the whole thing up back in the mid to late 2000s and as long as WE keep settling for a bad product and keep their coffers lined, they could care less if we're a championship program or not.

JMO...

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Be respectful man. Dude gave us a national championship. Why knock him? I’m mad as hell as well, but this anger needs to be directed elsewhere. Last season into this season, we had the best or top 3 best winning streak. I understand why fulmer extended him! U might not, but everyone with a brain (at that time) did!
Pruitt wasn't going anywhere. This is what causes the inflated buyouts in today's contracts after one season of 8 wins. Silly

"everyone with a brain" did NOT agree that a two year extension and raise was justified. Check

Methinks thee may want to examine the functioning of thine own brain. Pretty much everyone who has a working cerebrum thought the extension was crazy and wildly premature; turns out we were right.

VN Store

Back