Tennessee-Bowling Green Season Opener to be on Thursday Night at 8PM

I’m happy we’re two days closer, but I can see why people aren’t happy. It’s a lot harder to make a Thursday night trip vs flying in for the weekend.

Labor day is the 6th, and was stated that was a main reason. it's supposed to be an easier travel.

fill the stadium, enjoy the game, have a fun evening.... BG has been down lately, and it should be a W. pitt is a bigger concern tho.

don't forget they serve beer now. if you don't have a nipple tap (bra).

Should be a Sat night game. Thu night games are for the MAC type conferences.

I would agree with the above if we were coming off a 10 win season. Saturday night game is not gonna happen with this team vs OOC. We will get more eyes on us on Thursday anyway it’s called baby steps. Any competing game on Saturday would cancel out a also ran team.
We have to realize these facts and work to get back to the days where “We are TENNESSEE “ was so easy to say. GBO

Nothing wrong with a Thursday night game to open the season. Don’t understand all the consternation.
Some of us like to
giphy.gif

Not uncommon to have P5 teams playing on Thursdays of Labor Day weekend....There is one every year on Monday night (Labor Day) too....Good 4 days of college football.

Reactions: Volatility
Fact of the matter is college football has been wanting to creep into the rest of the week for years now. In 2019 Clemson opened up week 1 on a Thursday on the ACC network.

And no...I’m not trying to compare UT and Clemson. Just pointing out the direction that the NCAA and networks are headed.

Reactions: Volatility
Oh how far we have fallen.

Tennessee fans will complain about anything.

We’re playing Bowling Green. It’s a means to get exposure in a game vs. a mid major opponent. We did the same thing in 2004 vs. UNLV. I was there.

And guess who played in the first ever ESPN Thursday night game in 1991? Tennessee. We beat Louisville up there that night.

But yeah, let’s make this about Tennessee being bad. 🙄

Heupel writing his first check, hopefully he and the team can cash it with a 50 something point performance

@LittleVol

that should have been a championship year. DISGUSTING!

three-four years in, with the oldest, most experienced qb on the field, with the best sec line, and PAID PLAYERS during a covid year, when you are one of the only teams that played through.

DISGUSTING!

i'm all about giving a coach a couple of years, but that was Tennessee's chance, and we chat the damn bed. im reliving the whole season and need a drink now. my bartender thanks you. Jesus.

then nobody gets drafted. puke.

you get three years, then your azz is georgia field grass... i am liking White and company more and more.... he knows what he is doing, he just doesn't know volnation yet. i hope they understand that the pot does NOT get turned down, it boils harder every day until it boils over. this is a pressure cooker, and you get three years because we are reasonable people, who are paying you **** tone.
Absolutely, the talent was there last year.
People quickly forget we were leading UGA at halftime with a ton of momentum as an undefeated team ourselves. Then like you said...

All I mean is, our actual record will be significantly better in 2021 than it was last season. 7 or 8 wins imo...

People haven't really thought about this, but Huepel is the first coach since Majors to have a proven success record AND no ties pulling him elsewhere.( Butch can be argued as well, but he also didn't know a lot about actual football)
Oklahoma is not a threat to steal him because
1) Lincoln Riley is young.
2) They kind of screwed Huepel.

His confidence is noticeably better already than Pruitt's. Because he's been a head man for 3 years already. Also jmo, but if Huepel had an LSU talent level offense vs Pruitt's Bama/FSU 2013 talent level defense, i think Heupel runs circles around him.

Yeah, I think Heupel is the best coach we've had in a while. And I admittedly didn't even have him as a candidate. But breaking down his resume, he's as solid a hire as we could have hoped for.

People saw a "bad defense"in the Spring game. I saw a bunch a walk-ons getting ran through...so it wasn't a very deep defense wa s all. But 1 v 1....the defense wasn't bad. And the offense looked potentially explosive.

Oh how far we have fallen. I remember when they moved the Appalachian State game to a Thursday kickoff and our fan base was appalled. Now we’re treated like an AAC team.

VN Store

Back