Tennessee and Texas

I don't think it was in the 80's was it? Because I remember us using the interlocking UT on our football field in the mid 90's

Could have been in 90, I graduated in '89 and I was able to get the power t on my ring but the suit was going on

Next time we play texas,hopefully football, us fans needs to bring up the whole...if it wasn't for tennessee, there would be no texas, and see how they well reacted

i live in san antonio and everyone thinks the T on my hat, truck, shirt our for texas.. it pisses me off so bad..

what happened with the logo is we had the UT interlocking but did not trademark it. texas then interlocked it and tradmerked/patented it so we switched to the power T.. now texas switches to the t. not quite the same, but it pisss me off..

cant wait to go to the game thursday
GO VOLS!!!

No, no, no, .........NO!!!

The story goes........ In 1835, when Davy Crockett left Tennessee for Texas, he packed his rifle and "Power T" hat before making his journey. Therefore, the state of Texas attempts to idolize Davy Crockett and The University of Tennessee. You will find this out when you visit San Antonio.

The "River Walk" area is nice and a must see........

in columbus we were all orange and a worker said just cuz your a texas fan doesn't mean you'll get charged less

I'd like to see these Vols have a better outcome than the last bunch of Vols that went down to San Antonio ... Anybody remember the Alamo?

Considering we've got a sharpshooter in Lofton, I like our chances this time around. :)

This is SUCH a great angle. I wonder if the boys over at CBS will pick up on it?

As I recall, San Jacinto is not too far from San Antonio; a certain schoolmaster from Blount County whooped some serious butt on that battlefield after the Alamo.:machgun:

Texas is soft. Too much ego and overinflated self-worth to win any real dogfight of a game, including football and basketball. Punch them in the mouth and they're done. Vince Young was the exception.

Alot of t-shirt sip fans wear the Tennessee T hats and think they are wearing Longhorn gear. It is truly funny to see a horn shirt with a UT hat, they honestly have no clue.

Welcome to SanAntonio, Vols.

This is a great regional. Great to see the fake UT go down in flames today.

I would love to see that Acie Law IV - Chris Lofton battle.

Go Aggies, beat Tiger High!

Chiggaroogarum, Chigaroogarum,
Rough, tough, real stuff, Texas A&M! :rock:

Living in West Texas....I can't begin to tell you how these idiots think out here...I havea big orange "T" on the back window of my truck (the one on our helmets), and actually have had somebody tell me that they had never seen a Univ of Texas "T" in that color....I just shook my head and walked away. Today, I come off the golf course and am watching the last 4 min of the game, when the asst. pro came in and asked when the UT game began...I said it's on...He said no....the UT game, I said it's on...he looked at the tv and started laughing. I said let me tell you something...we are the real UT, with the real orange...and we were the real UT 103 years before you you people ha ever used the phrase UT...

What part of West Texas?

Living in West Texas....I can't begin to tell you how these idiots think out here...I havea big orange "T" on the back window of my truck (the one on our helmets), and actually have had somebody tell me that they had never seen a Univ of Texas "T" in that color....I just shook my head and walked away. Today, I come off the golf course and am watching the last 4 min of the game, when the asst. pro came in and asked when the UT game began...I said it's on...He said no....the UT game, I said it's on...he looked at the tv and started laughing. I said let me tell you something...we are the real UT, with the real orange...and we were the real UT 103 years before you you people ha ever used the phrase UT...

fight!!! :rock: :rock:

So, how many times have you had 'The real UT' argument with Longhorn fans? I think I'm getting in the 20's.

Texas sued and won, Tennessee then went to side be side UT, with the cross bar in the shape of the State

That explains that crap. I hate that Tennessee cross bar... especially on the vanity plates. Why can't they just have the Power T on the vanity plates with Tennessee written in black on the top? Nothing fancy, nothing glitzy... just the Power T...

VN Store

Back