Tennessee and Texas

nahhh...I love it...nobody gives em hell like I do...and I'll be back in God's country weekend after next for the start of turkey season....

look me up. i've got some great turkey hunting land here in east tennessee. i'm in heaven, tennessee's in tha sixteen and turkey hunting's less than two weeks away!!!!:rock:

It was some time in the late 80's and we were both using the Power T.

The single T, with the down turned cross-bar.

It turns oout that even though Tennesssee was the first UT, Texas had Trademarked the single Power T.

Texas sued and won, Tennessee then went to side be side UT, with the cross bar in the shape of the State

Texas and Tennessee use to both use the interlocking UT until Texas sued then in a deal struck Texas would market theirs West of the Mississippi and Tennessee theirs East of the Mississippi, so UT went to the Side by Side UT. In the mid to late 80's Tennessee started marketing the Power T we know today, in the last 4 or 5 years Texas has started marketing their version of the Power T.

look me up. i've got some great turkey hunting land here in east tennessee. i'm in heaven, tennessee's in tha sixteen and turkey hunting's less than two weeks away!!!!:rock:

Really? I'm a middle Tennessean looking for someplace to go while up here in school.

I always tell them that there would not be a Texas if not for Tennessee....and we're real sorry about that.

We do have to be careful though...Gen. Neyland grew up in Greenville, Texas (but he got to Knoxville as quick as he could)

Where you going? I'll be in Hawkins Co. for opening day. :machgun:

My wife's family has about 70,000 acres on the Plateau (Cumberland, Morgan, Fentress counties). I've been killing turkeys up there for about 25 years.

does most texas apparel have the T or their longhorn symbol now? i feel like it is always the longhorn

However, we may want to be nice to those Texas folks this week, in the hopes that the neutral crowd will be cheering on our boys down there.

I'd like to see these Vols have a better outcome than the last bunch of Vols that went down to San Antonio ... Anybody remember the Alamo?

Considering we've got a sharpshooter in Lofton, I like our chances this time around. :)

they wont be so neutral. texas a and m is playing there. i am sure they'd rather have us than osu. if they beat memphis of course.

Maybe next they'll take our UT with the T as the state of Tennessee, then trademark it, then sue us for it.

My wife's family has about 70,000 acres on the Plateau (Cumberland, Morgan, Fentress counties). I've been killing turkeys up there for about 25 years.

In college I worked for FedEx and got to go to Morgan County on a route. If you like "country convro" you've got to visit Petros, Wartburg, Deer Lodge, or Sunbright. Amazing story tellers in these towns.

In college I worked for FedEx and got to go to Morgan County on a route. If you like "country convro" you've got to visit Petros, Wartburg, Deer Lodge, or Sunbright. Amazing story tellers in these towns.

May I suggest Bucksnort TN

So, how many times have you had 'The real UT' argument with Longhorn fans? I think I'm getting in the 20's.

Too many to count. I won't even have the argument anymore. And the idiotic thing is how most of them can't even be good-natured about it; they act like we're trying to defraud everybody or something.

We become known as "The Volunteer State" by, among other things, sending our boys to die fighting for Texan independence. In return, they steal our logo, sue us over it, and act like we're not worthy enough to call ourselves "UT." Screw them.

Too many to count. I won't even have the argument anymore. And the idiotic thing is how most of them can't even be good-natured about it; they act like we're trying to defraud everybody or something.

We become known as "The Volunteer State" by, among other things, sending our boys to die fighting for Texan independence. In return, they steal our logo, sue us over it, and act like we're not worthy enough to call ourselves "UT." Screw them.

With the urban revival in downtown Knoxvulle and the expanding arts scene, I hope K-town never freakin' ever becomes Austin. I'm not talking anything politcal (Austin is left), I just think Austin is annoying. I went out in Austin one time, and here is the typical dude in Austin: cowboy hat, designer shirt with flower embroidery, designer jeans with pre bought tears in them, and cowboy boots. They talk like they are from Northridge, CA one second, then all the sudden they will be hootin' and hollerin' and shouting "WOOOO" (very annoying)! These Abercrombie cowboys would never make it in the real south.

They use the longhorn for the most part, and the locked UT.
The single T showed up just a few years ago.
(It makes me sick).
I am waiting for them to start stealing our latest branding campaign with the UT highlighted in different words like
"FUTURE".
but like was said earlier, they'd have a tough time crossing their T with an outline of their state.
In Texas, the organized alumni have adopted this slogan:
"There's nothing burnt about THIS ORANGE!!!"

nice slogan......not

thumbsdown.jpg

okay.
I didn't make myself clear.
The organized TENNESSEE alumni say
There's nothing burnt about THIS ORANGE!!!

Texas and Tennessee use to both use the interlocking UT until Texas sued then in a deal struck Texas would market theirs West of the Mississippi and Tennessee theirs East of the Mississippi, so UT went to the Side by Side UT. In the mid to late 80's Tennessee started marketing the Power T we know today, in the last 4 or 5 years Texas has started marketing their version of the Power T.

That is how I always heard the story too..... basically, if Tennessee wanted to market nationally, they had to come up with a new logo.

VN Store

Back