Tennessee 24-7

Buddy, right now the Vols are not the #1 team in the nation. They are there because they have not lost since Thanksgiving and not because they have looked like a #1 team. They have looked like anything but a #1 team in the nation. The best thing the Vols have found so far is that Bowden, and Bone have started taking their shots and gained more confidence. So that makes 4 or 5 players, if you count Turner (streaky so far not consistent ) that can score 10 and more every night. The great thing is that Bowden and Bone are actually consistent and have a good 2 point game if the 3 doesn't fall. Its a thing of beauty when they are all putting up their shots. But they will pay for some of the foolish things they have been doing when they pull out to a lead and get careless and play dumb ball.

The best teams in the country win..........THEY WIN!

All Tennessee has done since Thanksgiving is win, and that is what a good teams do. Since then Virg has lost twice, and once at home, since then Duke has lost at home to Syracuse, since then Mich has lost twice to unranked teams, since then KY has lost to Seton Hall & Bama.......both unranked teams, since then Gonzaga has lost twice........one of them to Tennessee.

Not sure in your opinion has looked like the number one team.........as everyone except for Tennessee has lost and most of them have lost to unranked teams or lost at home, or both (see Duke).

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Some were and some weren't. Your fans are like our fans. Some give respect and others, not so much. The fact is no one can predict the future. Hope is all we have and in the end, the team that scores the most will win the game.

Every passionate fan base is stupid. Every fan base thinks other fan bases are stupid. But I promise some of the people on VN are a special kind of out there. But like I've said many times, there are plenty of people on here that I respect a lot and enjoy seeing post.

Reactions: cardvolfan
If they play like they can EZE.......they play better on the road than at home. I could be wrong but I think competition steps up a couple of levels beginning Saturday...Hopefully they don't have too many of those lulls they seem to go through.

No team plays a perfect game. There is another team on the floor competing too and there will always be runs both ways.

BUT...when you are consistently winning by double digits, you are doing a lot of things right.

Every passionate fan base is stupid. Every fan base thinks other fan bases are stupid. But I promise some of the people on VN are a special kind of out there. But like I've said many times, there are plenty of people on here that I respect a lot and enjoy seeing post.

Kentucky has a lot on their plate this week. LSU and Tennessee. I'm sure they see the possibilities if they win both. As you say the Cats play good D and have athletes. I was just reading the LSU-Kentucky preview of the game on the Blue thread and they sounded out the lackluster play at Miss St. Sounded a lot like my criticism of the Vols games at home.

Ok, short answer this time. Stop being so negative and enjoy it while it lasts. This team has been fun to watch regardless of how excruciating it can be at times. Go Vols!!!
Excruciating?
I watch these games with confidence!

I highly agree with your statement about enjoying this season, we may be experiencing a once in a lifetime team. I will enjoy every second!

Reactions: OWB
Buddy, right now the Vols are not the #1 team in the nation. They are there because they have not lost since Thanksgiving and not because they have looked like a #1 team. They have looked like anything but a #1 team in the nation. The best thing the Vols have found so far is that Bowden, and Bone have started taking their shots and gained more confidence. So that makes 4 or 5 players, if you count Turner (streaky so far not consistent ) that can score 10 and more every night. The great thing is that Bowden and Bone are actually consistent and have a good 2 point game if the 3 doesn't fall. Its a thing of beauty when they are all putting up their shots. But they will pay for some of the foolish things they have been doing when they pull out to a lead and get careless and play dumb ball.
Do you realize how you just contradicted yourself? And the rest of what you said is just unsupported opinion. The people who have a vote disagree with you. Deal with it.

Reactions: Titan05
You can grade the Vols by their play starting 2/16.......hopefully they don't overlook S.C. or they may get shocked then. Tennessee hasn't been playing like a #1 team. They play about well enough to win when they fill in the gaps of lackluster play.

They turn it on when they have to. The only game where they didn’t turn it on was Vandy.

So oh wise one, tell us about Michigan. I mean they just lost to a terrible Penn St. team.

Tennessee will be 24-7 by March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Just won 25 in a row at TBA
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
Zone has been implemented effectively to throw teams off.
You come out cold against KY (W), LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss(W), Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
Bowden and Schofield just scored 9 and 7 points and we beat the #4 team in the country by 19.
With our play it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Lol k.

Bump for the best fan in all the land as we push to 26-3 with a 19 point win over #4 Kentucky.

Guys, our seniors just finished 5-3 in their regular season careers against Kentucky. They've helped revive us and deserve all the praise. Not the bs quoted above.

Bump for the best fan in all the land as we push to 26-3 with a 19 point win over #4 Kentucky.

Guys, our seniors just finished 5-3 in their regular season careers against Kentucky. They've helped revive us and deserve all the praise. Not the bs quoted above.
Waiting on him to show up and eat crow. Breath not held.

Re-post your comment after Saturday's game. Dumb fan base. I guess you are the smart one. Hope you don't have to turn the game off @ half time next Saturday. We'll see how they match up against the better teams of the SEC and if they have improved as much as those teams have. Tennessee is rather lackluster to me. Where is the energy. Better get better play next Saturday or I think we will get throttled.

Bump.

OP needs to change his name to awaitingaloss. It seems like that is the only thing he waits for.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleCat

A whale of a game. Best they have looked at home imo. Bone did what he needed to do. The effort in that game was published all over the nation by the announcers. Bone again upped his draft status. I absolutely loved his moves. I think we hit the proverbial wall for awhile but now hope we begin to peak at the right time.
The guys deserve all the praise they get for this game. All of us Vol fans should have a pretty good feeling going forward. Bowden SHUT THEM DOWN. WOW what a performance. Great win and I will gladly eat crow any day after that win. These guys can win the SEC tourney

You are aware that quote was for the last game we played Kentucky so don't make it sound like todays game. Great effort is all I can say. In all fairness you can look back and see the part that was left out of the conversation was the part where I said "if they continue to play the way they were playing". Tennesee's best game considering the competition since the games against Kansas, the Zags and Louisville.

You are aware that quote was for the last game we played Kentucky so don't make it sound like todays game. Great effort is all I can say. In all fairness you can look back and see the part that was left out of the conversation was the part where I said "if they continue to play the way they were playing". Tennesee's best game considering the competition since the games against Kansas, the Zags and Louisville.
Let’s be real my man. You wanted to play “let’s be a edgy boy” and claim a collapse before it happened. I’m cool with it, but let’s not act like it was something else. You can say all the things you want, and try to save face, but at the end of the day your prediction was wrong.

To me a person who uses a caveat like “if they were continuing to play the way they were playing” so their original claim isn’t proven wrong, when it doesn’t happen, is lame. Just my opinion though. I think you should be nick named “The sky is falling fence sitter”. You wanna make the claim the sky is falling while sitting on the fence. I don’t think you can do both, or at the very least makes your opinion on things look weak.

There’s a reason OP was here when things even looked the least bit like they were headed downhill, then he’s nowhere to be found when we are winning.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back