Tennessee 24-7

Our best things are Bowden/Bone? No mention of the reigning SEC player of the year?

And we're not the #1 team in the nation? Considering you're using your imaginary interpretation of how Barnes feels behind the scenes as the example of the mentality we should have, I'm going to suggest you take the opinion of the coaches that UNAMIMOUSLY agree we deserve the ranking.

I didn't mention Williams because he is proven already. I mentioned Bowden and Bone because they started taking their shots and have even become consistent in scoring this year. I know Williams is a given but it has been a thing of beauty to see Bone and Bowden improve so much in their shooting. I think I have mentioned in a few post days ago how the team scoring has narrowed between each player and a few games I think they all had over 10 each. That will help to up a teams overall score to the high 80's and 90's if they continue. I have just really been excited by their play and development.

Looks like a match of both. Some are discounting us based on having easier games front-loaded. Some are giving us healthy respect and warning the others that this is a talented Vol team regardless. I think it's going to be a war next Sat night in Lexington. But I still say to focus on USCe first. We will gain a game on either UK or LSU Tues, probably LSU.
I have been reading the threads about Tn over there for the last week or so and i have heard them say we match up so good vs Tn at least 20 times.

What you think we going to Saturday night LittleCat ?

I dont really know what to think. UT might have the best offenses in the nation, but UK has a very solid defense and rebounds. UT has the experience and plays great team ball so I'm leaning UT by 7.

I dont really know what to think. UT might have the best offenses in the nation, but UK has a very solid defense and rebounds. UT has the experience and plays great team ball so I'm leaning UT by 7.
Scalpers going to make lots and lots of money......this is going to be electric

Lol. Reading that UK thread, someone posted that we have had a 2 decade long dumpster fire in football and he enjoys the 3rd Saturday in October. Must be nice to root for UK in b-ball and Bama in football. What a loser.

Goodness OP, find your meds.

Are you really saying this team goes 2-6 to end the regular season? I would bet you any amount of money you want to bet that they finish better than that.

Granted, the front half of the SEC schedule has been soft...but there were some solid OOC teams on the schedule early. This team is pretty darn good.

Reactions: Titan05
Goodness OP, find your meds.

Are you really saying this team goes 2-6 to end the regular season? I would bet you any amount of money you want to bet that they finish better than that.

Granted, the front half of the SEC schedule has been soft...but there were some solid OOC teams on the schedule early. This team is pretty darn good.

If they play like they can EZE.......they play better on the road than at home. I could be wrong but I think competition steps up a couple of levels beginning Saturday...Hopefully they don't have too many of those lulls they seem to go through.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !
Wtf is wrong with you?

Reactions: Titan05 and jabroni
TN D will be exposed this coming week. They finally face a team with a Top 15 O and D that isn't missing players to injury & isnt on neutral court. Will the team that almost got beat by a horrible Vandy team show-up? If it does, no one will consider this team sweet 16 material any longer. Sorry folks i'm no sunshine pumper, I call it like it is.

Who has this top 15 O you speak of................because it sure is NOT Kentucky.

Kentucky is NOT in the top 20 in offensive efficiency.
Kentucky is NOT in the top 50 in points per game.
Kentucky is NOT in the top 30 in FG %.
Kentucky is NOT in the top 100 in 3pt %.
Kentucky is NOT in the top 40 in FT %
Kentucky is NOT in the top 30 in O rebounding.

Kentucky does NOT have any type of top 20 offense let alone top 15. Also while KY's D is good...........I would not call it elite. They rank 20th in D efficiency. KY ranks 36th in ppg given up, KY ranks 76th in defensive rebounds, and 39th in FG % defense.............heck Tennessee's D is much better than KY's in many categories...........Tennessee is 12th in FG% defense, 41st in D efficiency, Tennessee is 3rd in blocked shots per, Tennessee is 30th in D rebounding.........so even KY's D isn't a lot better over all than Tennessee's and Tennessee's O is way better.

I will say though that KY's D has been real good the past two or 3 weeks.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !

*Older fan drags a chair across the kitchen floor real slow, like J.T. Walsh does in Slingblade, and sits down next to the OP, like J.T. did with Carl...*

"Listen to me a minute, son. You need to understand something about college basketball. There are three seasons each year...the pre-season, the regular season, and the post-season. The only one that really matters is the last one, the post-season, because that's when they play they this big tournament of the better teams who have done reasonably well in the first two seasons. Some people call that the "tourney" and some people call it "the dance." This is how they determine the champion of all of major-college basketball. Teams play in that tournament until they either lose or win the whole durn thing by not losing a game in the dance. If you never lose a game in the tourney, they crown you the champion and give you a big banner to hang in your basketball gym at home. It says you won the whole durn thing, the dance and the championship, that year.

Tennessee's basketball team is right past the middle of the second season, its regular season. We are playing well enough right now that it seems likely we will be invited to the dance...that we get to play the third season, the one that matters.

We have a tough stretch of games coming up to finish the regular season. It is unlikely that we will win all of them. But that's okay.

What matters most is reaching the third season with a decent chance of winning the whole durn thing and bringing home a banner to hang in our gym. Now, remember...when that season starts, the third season, the dance, we gotta win them all. We can't lose a game.

What I'm a-trying to point out to you, young feller, is that now ain't the time to go all weany-beany on our guys. When the third season starts and we got us a chance to win it all by not losing, then we can all go weany-beany 'cause all three seasons, everything, will be on the line. I'll be right there with you myself, wearing a fresh grown-man diaper."

You serious bro? UK fans were actually being pretty fair.
Some were and some weren't. Your fans are like our fans. Some give respect and others, not so much. The fact is no one can predict the future. Hope is all we have and in the end, the team that scores the most will win the game.

So, we go from #1 team in the country to not even Sweet 16 material based on one game? Interesting conclusion.
Of course, his conclusions must be right. Number 1 will even drop out of the Top 25 and they'll do away with the basketball program.

back off the edge and just enjoy the ride,,,,who expected a great run like this? Great times on Ol Rocky Top!!!!

Reactions: Titan05
Buddy, right now the Vols are not the #1 team in the nation. They are there because they have not lost since Thanksgiving and not because they have looked like a #1 team. They have looked like anything but a #1 team in the nation. The best thing the Vols have found so far is that Bowden, and Bone have started taking their shots and gained more confidence. So that makes 4 or 5 players, if you count Turner (streaky so far not consistent ) that can score 10 and more every night. The great thing is that Bowden and Bone are actually consistent and have a good 2 point game if the 3 doesn't fall. Its a thing of beauty when they are all putting up their shots. But they will pay for some of the foolish things they have been doing when they pull out to a lead and get careless and play dumb ball.
I think you're careless when it comes to posting your ridiculous assessment of this team at this point of the season, your ridiculous assessment that this team will limp home losing 6 of their next 8 games and your ridiculous assessment that this team plays dumb ball and you should pay for your foolish statements, your words directed at you!

Reactions: Titan05 and jabroni

VN Store

Back