Tennessee 2022 Schedule is set

It was the ACC refs that did dirty deeds done dirt cheap this year. Watch SEC refs screw Tennessee next year.

I know it was ACC refs this year. Hopefully next year SEC refs will return the favor and help us out some

Exactly. 2 MAC schools on the schedule. They could at least put Memphis back on the schedule. Is the current administration really that afraid to schedule Memphis now?

Why would Vols fans even care if Memphis is or isn't on the schedule. They will forever be irrelevant regardless of record

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Why would Vols fans even care if Memphis is or isn't on the schedule. They will forever be irrelevant regardless of record
Memphis could have very easily beaten us since 2014. And I think many people here even know that. Personally I think an annual rivalry with Memphis would not only be good for both schools but for the state as well. I would like to see us have an annual rivalry with them or UCLA.

No one is scared of the Tiggers
Really? Then why haven't we played them since 2010? I also don't see Memphis backing away from other SEC teams since then.

I'm not saying any of the fans are scared of Memphis. But it seems like the administration doesn't want them on the schedule anytime soon.

However many w/l next year just please no contract extensions until we’ve seen at least four full seasons. We’ve got this guy locked up for six years as it is. Plenty of time in years five and six to make those decisions.

Can't wait to go to Baton Rouge. That game has been on my list to attend for several years and going to make it happen this year. Let's hope both teams are relevant and ranked!

Reactions: Sara Clark
Really? Then why haven't we played them since 2010? I also don't see Memphis backing away from other SEC teams since then.

I'm not saying any of the fans are scared of Memphis. But it seems like the administration doesn't want them on the schedule anytime soon.
Because we don’t have to play every mis major loser team like Memphis just because they want to. Lol. They are a nobody. We play who we want when we want because we dictate our schedule. Not some CUSA AAC loser program

Because we don’t have to play every mis major loser team like Memphis just because they want to. Lol. They are a nobody. We play who we want when we want because we dictate our schedule. Not some CUSA AAC loser program
If we had played Memphis every year from 2014 to 2020 there is a good chance they would have had a winning record against us.

If you are happy with two MAC teams on our schedule next year then so be it. I prefer at least 2 tough non conference opponents than just 1. I think it helps the team prepare better for the tougher conference schedule.

If we had played Memphis every year from 2014 to 2020 there is a good chance they would have had a winning record against us.

If you are happy with two MAC teams on our schedule next year then so be it. I prefer at least 2 tough non conference opponents than just 1. I think it helps the team prepare better for the tougher conference schedule.
No they wouldn’t. The Tiggers are terrible and always will be. There is a reason no respectable conference wants them. So calling them a “tough” opponent is silly.

We complain about our non conference schedule......we're not alone folks

UGA: Samford, Kent State
LSU: Southern, New Mexico
Ole Miss: Troy, Central Arkansas

We complain about our non conference schedule......we're not alone folks

UGA: Samford, Kent State
LSU: Southern, New Mexico
Ole Miss: Troy, Central Arkansas
Georgia played Notre Dame in 2019 in addition to their usual annual non conference matchup with Georgia Tech. This year they have already played Clemson and still have Georgia Tech at the end of the year. All I'm suggesting is Tennessee play at least 2 tough non conference opponents each season. I think that's fair enough.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
So in other words we will only play non con teams we are guaranteed to beat?

Sept 3- Ball State
Sept 10- @ Pitt
Sept 17- Akron
Sept 24- Florida
Oct 1- Bye
Oct 8- @ LSU
Oct 15- Alabama
Oct 22- UT-Martin
Oct 29- Kentucky
Nov 5- @ UGA
Nov 12- Mizzou
Nov 19- @ South Carolina
Nov 26- @ Vanderbilt
Last 3 games will be crucial to the success of the season.

The trip to Pitt could be fun. I've heard it's a nice city.

No they wouldn’t. The Tiggers are terrible and always will be. There is a reason no respectable conference wants them. So calling them a “tough” opponent is silly.
We lost to Georgia State and had 3 losing seasons since 2014. What makes you think Memphis wouldn't have a winning record against us since? Are you scared of them like you are Army?

What another disappointing non conference schedule. Boring and bland
And absolutely necessary if UT is going to rebuild the program. They need all four of those wins.

The disappointing part is LSU and Bama being stacked together and the position of the bye week.

VN Store

Back