Tenn. hype who did they beat chants

They were upsets? Seriously?

If we were good enough to beat Auburn and Kentucky, then we were good enough to beat Mizzou and Vandy -- for sure Vandy. Face it, we choked.
Auburn and Kentucky were ranked so they were upsets. We were underdogs against Mizzou and Vandy and they both had good senior Qb’s. Stop trying to revise history in order to slam Pruitt at the end of the season. No one expected us to win the last two games.

Reactions: TJSVOLS and CR-vol
This is very simple. FLA, UGA, and Bama fans treat us exactly how we would treat them on our forum if we had as much success against them as they did against us over last 10-15 years.
To change this we need to start winning games against them asap and continue to beat everyone else are always supposed to beat (which should always include everyone else in the SEC, and all out of conference games).
CJP is rebuilding this program the right way and I think we will start winning some of those big games next year (although we may still ocasionally lose some we shouldn't - at least over next few years I think that may happen until the rebuilding is completely done at which point hopefully we become consistant - similar to what Bama has been during Saban era which is what Fulmer and CJP are clearly trying to build here).

gatorshimeGator Great
I was watching ESPN going over the Bowl season and they were saying what a wonderful and great job Pruitt did at U.T. to end the season with 5 straightvwins and to finish 7-5 but, is it really all that great?​
They beat:​
S.Carolina,​
U.A.B.,​
Mizzou,​
U.K. and​
Vandy​
who were a combined 29-32 and if you take away UAB’s 9-4, they beat teams with a combined record of 20-28. Don’t get me wrong, they can keep Jeremy as long as they want as he’s also the coach who lost to Georgia St. to start the year and is IMO, an AWFUL football coach. It just gets to me how all these so-called expert Analysts don’t look at the entire picture. Well besides Heather Dinich who kept saying we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP given our 2 Division 2 schools on our schedule BUT, WAIT, she didn’t bring up how we were the ONLY Power 5 school to play not 1 BUT, 2 Power 5 schools in their out of conference schedule. She’s awful and beyond biased in my humble opinion. I have no problem with female analysts or announcers, just make them knowledgeable like Sam Ponder who knows her stuff.​
1 Wednesday at 11:56 AM
These guys are hilarious. Keep reading though, you’ll get a kick out of it. They seem pretty sure about themselves.

1. Sorry but Mr. Potatohead didn't rescue jack crap. He has been driving that program into the ground if you haven't noticed. He's not recruiting as well as Butch Jones was before him, so the talent level is going down there with every year he stays, not to mention he drove off much of the senior talent that they DID have by blaming those players each and every day he's been on the job for all of Tennessee's woes. It's supposed to be part of his job to protect those players from such criticisms, instead he threw them under the bus on day one in his coaching acceptance speech and has never quit since. He can't develop players. He can't figure out game time adjustments to a game plan. He can't call plays for crap. And his idea of motivating the players is to scream at them.

What did he do this year? He stumbled upon the one and only winning formula he had. He just started throwing hail mary passes on every other down to his 2 senior WR's who just happen to be the only NFL talent left on that team. Those 2 guys bailed the entire program out this year and it only took him a year and a half to realize that all he had to do was throw it deep on every single play to one of them and they usually will catch it or get a penalty against the D. Well guess what, those 2 guys are gone now. He has nothing left in his bag of tricks. And let's look real closely at just how pathetic the back end of their season was anyways. A missouri team that won't go to a bowl game. A South carolina team that won't go to a bowl game. A Vandy team that won't go to a bowl game. A Kentucky team that hasn't even had a quarterback playing the position for much of the year. And some token OOC game from the FCS. Yeah that's a real proud turn around. Boasting about that is about the same as boasting that McElwain won the SEC East his first 2 years here even though they were historically the 2 worst years for the East in the SEC Divisional era.

When they fail to go to a bowl game next year, do not be surprised one bit.​
    22 Yesterday at 11:39 PM

This one just that J.J. and Callaway was it? He hasn’t been watching our games to well has he? He thinks Butch Jones recruited better than him. I got news for this person, he hasn’t seen the development of our players this year either. You know it is a bad attitude of a person that’s isn’t to sure of hisself here.😂😂
Uh, he’s right. The jury is still out. The only disagreement I have is on recruiting. I think Pruitt has out recruited Butch. Butch’s roster turnover was embarrassing. Pruitt has only had a couple of recruits he signed leave the program. I think one is coming back. The ratio of signees to productivity is wayyyy better. The ratio of offensive and defensive line is wayyy better.

Poster was trying to criticize Pruitt at the end of last season. We were not favored in those games.
Pruitt has stated that he contributed to those losses but both of those games were blowouts by teams laden with NFL recruits. Franklin’s players last hurrah at Vandy with Shurmur and co and Mizzou Lock. It was sad but we were outmatched. Pruitt and Co are on the right track.

gatorshimeGator Great
I was watching ESPN going over the Bowl season and they were saying what a wonderful and great job Pruitt did at U.T. to end the season with 5 straightvwins and to finish 7-5 but, is it really all that great?​
S.Carolina,​
U.A.B.,​
Mizzou,​
U.K. and​
Vandy​
who were a combined 29-32 and if you take away UAB’s 9-4, they beat teams with a combined record of 20-28. Don’t get me wrong, they can keep Jeremy as long as they want as he’s also the coach who lost to Georgia St. to start the year and is IMO, an AWFUL football coach. It just gets to me how all these so-called expert Analysts don’t look at the entire picture. Well besides Heather Dinich who kept saying we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP given our 2 Division 2 schools on our schedule BUT, WAIT, she didn’t bring up how we were the ONLY Power 5 school to play not 1 BUT, 2 Power 5 schools in their out of conference schedule. She’s awful and beyond biased in my humble opinion. I have no problem with female analysts or announcers, just make them knowledgeable like Sam Ponder who knows her stuff.​
These guys are hilarious. Keep reading though, you’ll get a kick out of it. They seem pretty sure about themselves.

1. Sorry but Mr. Potatohead didn't rescue jack crap. He has been driving that program into the ground if you haven't noticed. He's not recruiting as well as Butch Jones was before him, so the talent level is going down there with every year he stays, not to mention he drove off much of the senior talent that they DID have by blaming those players each and every day he's been on the job for all of Tennessee's woes. It's supposed to be part of his job to protect those players from such criticisms, instead he threw them under the bus on day one in his coaching acceptance speech and has never quit since. He can't develop players. He can't figure out game time adjustments to a game plan. He can't call plays for crap. And his idea of motivating the players is to scream at them.

What did he do this year? He stumbled upon the one and only winning formula he had. He just started throwing hail mary passes on every other down to his 2 senior WR's who just happen to be the only NFL talent left on that team. Those 2 guys bailed the entire program out this year and it only took him a year and a half to realize that all he had to do was throw it deep on every single play to one of them and they usually will catch it or get a penalty against the D. Well guess what, those 2 guys are gone now. He has nothing left in his bag of tricks. And let's look real closely at just how pathetic the back end of their season was anyways. A missouri team that won't go to a bowl game. A South carolina team that won't go to a bowl game. A Vandy team that won't go to a bowl game. A Kentucky team that hasn't even had a quarterback playing the position for much of the year. And some token OOC game from the FCS. Yeah that's a real proud turn around. Boasting about that is about the same as boasting that McElwain won the SEC East his first 2 years here even though they were historically the 2 worst years for the East in the SEC Divisional era.

This one just that J.J. and Callaway was it? He hasn’t been watching our games to well has he? He thinks Butch Jones recruited better than him. I got news for this person, he hasn’t seen the development of our players this year either. You know it is a bad attitude of a person that’s isn’t to sure of hisself here.😂😂
The only way to get their attention and respect is for UT to beat them on the field. Especially, if they can beat them handily. 😀

gatorshimeGator Great
S.Carolina,​
U.A.B.,​
Mizzou,​
U.K. and​
Vandy​

There is quite a bit of ignorance of our team in those posts from the Gator fans... we didn't throw deep on every play as suggested and Pruitt has shown himself to be very adept at in-game adjustments. Bottom line: opposing fans don't really watch our games the way we do, and so there isn't any reason to care about their opinion.
Yup. Bama game is a good example of Pruitts clever play-calling.

gatorshimeGator Great
S.Carolina,​
U.A.B.,​
Mizzou,​
U.K. and​
Vandy​

giphy.gif

They were upsets? Seriously?

If we were good enough to beat Auburn and Kentucky, then we were good enough to beat Mizzou and Vandy -- for sure Vandy. Face it, we choked.
For sure Vandy, idk about Mizzou though. They had Lock who I don't think our defense was experienced enough to handle.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Yup. Bama game is a good example of Pruitts clever play-calling.
Not on Pruitt. Guarantano went rogue there and cost Tennessee an opportunity to be one score down late in the game. Watch the replay and you will see the play was supposed to be a hand off to the running back to the left where a huge hole had been opened up.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Gators are scared, they know with CJP in the lead, we are going to not only kick their butts-next season, but, we are going to do so by at least 28 points. They haven't seen how much we've improved over this season, we're like Jack and the Bean Stalk's magic beans, when it comes to growth! Just ask anyone-we are almost in complete agreement. The best thing for FL to do is just forfeit the game, due to weather or something, it'll save them a lot of embarrassment.
If we get Washington and Bailey starts, I can see this happening. By 28pts tho? No.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Not on Pruitt. Guarantano went rogue there and cost Tennessee an opportunity to be one score down late in the game. Watch the replay and you will see the play was supposed to be a hand off to the running back to the left where a huge hole had been opened up.
I wasn't referring to that play. I was talking about others.

Of our big 3 annuals, UF is the only one that didn’t have a season ending meltdown. Kirby’s Georgia team isn’t as scary as it once was. South Carolina was their Georgia State. Bama has good players, but playing sloppy and didn’t have a win against someone currently ranked. Nick’s image has been reduced to road rage, and painful to watch insurance commercials. Florida did have a good season , but face it- SEC East was basically a dumpster fire. Their competition wasn’t all that great either.
it’s all about perception going into recruiting. We finished strong and should be able to spread FUD about the big 3. (Fear,uncertainty and doubt)

He righted the ship. At this point it's an improvement. Accept it's his second year, next year will answer a lot of questions

Exactly. CJP plugged the holes, got the players bailing like mad, and kept the ship from going under. Next season the hull will be permanently repaired and the ship will be on its way

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back