Tenn. hype who did they beat chants

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins

gatorshimeGator Great
I was watching ESPN going over the Bowl season and they were saying what a wonderful and great job Pruitt did at U.T. to end the season with 5 straightvwins and to finish 7-5 but, is it really all that great?​
They beat:​
S.Carolina,​
U.A.B.,​
Mizzou,​
U.K. and​
Vandy​
who were a combined 29-32 and if you take away UAB’s 9-4, they beat teams with a combined record of 20-28. Don’t get me wrong, they can keep Jeremy as long as they want as he’s also the coach who lost to Georgia St. to start the year and is IMO, an AWFUL football coach. It just gets to me how all these so-called expert Analysts don’t look at the entire picture. Well besides Heather Dinich who kept saying we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP given our 2 Division 2 schools on our schedule BUT, WAIT, she didn’t bring up how we were the ONLY Power 5 school to play not 1 BUT, 2 Power 5 schools in their out of conference schedule. She’s awful and beyond biased in my humble opinion. I have no problem with female analysts or announcers, just make them knowledgeable like Sam Ponder who knows her stuff.​
1 Wednesday at 11:56 AM
These guys are hilarious. Keep reading though, you’ll get a kick out of it. They seem pretty sure about themselves.

1. Sorry but Mr. Potatohead didn't rescue jack crap. He has been driving that program into the ground if you haven't noticed. He's not recruiting as well as Butch Jones was before him, so the talent level is going down there with every year he stays, not to mention he drove off much of the senior talent that they DID have by blaming those players each and every day he's been on the job for all of Tennessee's woes. It's supposed to be part of his job to protect those players from such criticisms, instead he threw them under the bus on day one in his coaching acceptance speech and has never quit since. He can't develop players. He can't figure out game time adjustments to a game plan. He can't call plays for crap. And his idea of motivating the players is to scream at them.

What did he do this year? He stumbled upon the one and only winning formula he had. He just started throwing hail mary passes on every other down to his 2 senior WR's who just happen to be the only NFL talent left on that team. Those 2 guys bailed the entire program out this year and it only took him a year and a half to realize that all he had to do was throw it deep on every single play to one of them and they usually will catch it or get a penalty against the D. Well guess what, those 2 guys are gone now. He has nothing left in his bag of tricks. And let's look real closely at just how pathetic the back end of their season was anyways. A missouri team that won't go to a bowl game. A South carolina team that won't go to a bowl game. A Vandy team that won't go to a bowl game. A Kentucky team that hasn't even had a quarterback playing the position for much of the year. And some token OOC game from the FCS. Yeah that's a real proud turn around. Boasting about that is about the same as boasting that McElwain won the SEC East his first 2 years here even though they were historically the 2 worst years for the East in the SEC Divisional era.

When they fail to go to a bowl game next year, do not be surprised one bit.​
    22 Yesterday at 11:39 PM

This one just that J.J. and Callaway was it? He hasn’t been watching our games to well has he? He thinks Butch Jones recruited better than him. I got news for this person, he hasn’t seen the development of our players this year either. You know it is a bad attitude of a person that’s isn’t to sure of hisself here.😂😂

Gatorshime Gator Great
I was watching ESPN going over the Bowl season and they were saying what a wonderful and great job Pruitt did at U.T. to end the season with 5 straightvwins and to finish 7-5 but, is it really all that great?

They beat:

S.Carolina,
U.A.B.,
Mizzou,
U.K. and
Vandy
who were a combined 29-32 and if you take away UAB’s 9-4, they beat teams with a combined record of 20-28. Don’t get me wrong, they can keep Jeremy as long as they want as he’s also the coach who lost to Georgia St. to start the year and is IMO, an AWFUL football coach. It just gets to me how all these so-called expert Analysts don’t look at the entire picture. Well besides Heather Dinich who kept saying we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP given our 2 Division 2 schools on our schedule BUT, WAIT, she didn’t bring up how we were the ONLY Power 5 school to play not 1 BUT, 2 Power 5 schools in their out of conference schedule. She’s awful and beyond biased in my humble opinion. I have no problem with female analysts or announcers, just make them knowledgeable like Sam Ponder who knows her stuff.

These guys are hilarious. Keep reading though, you’ll get a kick out of it. They seem pretty sure about themselves.
lol @ that guy mentioning the word humble

I see where they’re coming from but my counter argument to them would be that while the teams we beat down the stretch weren’t great by any stretch of the word, we beat these teams the way we should have beaten them with the exception of UK. They found a way to do it though, and that’s what “good” teams do. The on field improvement was apparent in every single game starting with the UGA game. That is where the hype is coming from

Anyone's take when they say our recruiting has gone downhill and this staff can't coach anyone up has zero credibility and never watched any Tennessee football this year. It's Florida fans I get it. I dont watch their games either unless they play us. Clearly our offensive and defensive lines are a priority recruiting wise and our defense made quite the improvement this season over last. I like what I'm seeing. These guys don't know that. I'm looking forward to next season winning the games we should, I really think the Ga State days are behind us, and upsetting some of these proud SOB's that think we're still a dumpster.

Yes UT beat usc vandy mizzou kentucky and UAB and he’s trying to downplay it. But they gotta get back to beating those teams and they took the first step this year. Hadn’t been done around here in over 10 years.

UT is such an ELITE PROGRAM, that if they beat the teams they are supposed to beat, people will still complain bc it wasn’t by enough. Love how media still looks at our program that way even after a decade of dysfunction.

Anyone's take when they say our recruiting has gone downhill and this staff can't coach anyone up has zero credibility and never watched any Tennessee football this year. It's Florida fans I get it. I dont watch their games either unless they play us. Clearly our offensive and defensive lines are a priority recruiting wise and our defense made quite the improvement this season over last. I like what I'm seeing. These guys don't know that. I'm looking forward to next season winning the games we should, I really think the Ga State days are behind us, and upsetting some of these proud SOB's that think we're still a dumpster.
They really have no clue. Also, their O-line is trash, but Mullen's an offensive minded coach? Obviously not "coaching them up".

There is quite a bit of ignorance of our team in those posts from the Gator fans... we didn't throw deep on every play as suggested and Pruitt has shown himself to be very adept at in-game adjustments. Bottom line: opposing fans don't really watch our games the way we do, and so there isn't any reason to care about their opinion.

We are probably the best 7-5 team right now. I know that’s like being the skinniest kid at fat camp but we’ve been playing damn solid ball. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely, or we wouldn’t be 7-5 but people are quick to say “Same ole UT every year”, especially if you didn’t watch this team down the stretch. It just seemed a bit different to me. Not really sure how to describe it.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
We’re above that, or at least we’re supposed to be above that.

We're above what? There was nothing immoral, unethical, or illegal in what the gator fan said. He thinks pundits are overrating the Vols' 5 game win streak because of the 5 teams they beat. Fair enough. So what? I think the gators are overrated. I doubt most gator fans care what a UT fan thinks about UF. Just like I don't care what a gator fan thinks about UT.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Nothing they said can be easily dismissed. Pruitt did lose games at the end of last season that we should have won. And he lost games (at least one game, for sure) at the beginning of this season that we should have won. And we did beat a lot of teams this year that had a combined losing record.

I would recommend that you stay off of our rivals' message boards and just hang out here where we are all less likely to dwell on unpleasant thoughts.

Gators are scared, they know with CJP in the lead, we are going to not only kick their butts-next season, but, we are going to do so by at least 28 points. They haven't seen how much we've improved over this season, we're like Jack and the Bean Stalk's magic beans, when it comes to growth! Just ask anyone-we are almost in complete agreement. The best thing for FL to do is just forfeit the game, due to weather or something, it'll save them a lot of embarrassment.

Last edited:
Gators are scared, they know with CJP in the lead, we are going to not only kick their butts-next season, but, we are going to do so by at least 28 points. They haven't seen how much we've improved over this season, we're like Jack and the Bean Stalk's magic beans, when it comes to growth! Just ask anyone-we are almost in complete agreement. The best thing for FL to do is just forfeit the game, do to weather or something, it'll save them a lot of embarrassment.

Except we are losing our best players after this season... And could be stuck with JG again next season against FL....

If I cared enough I would point out the irony in the gator fan's post considering the gators also played 4 of the 5 teams he listed that we beat to close the season. I guess FSU is somewhat better than UAB but don't really don't know since all I know about the noles is they started poorly enough to to push the AD to fire Taggart' and UT, at 7-5, was the 2nd best team, behind Auburn, the gators beat all season.

If I cared enough to say that.

Which I don't.

They beat the teams they had left on their schedule and got a bowl invitation. Good job guys. I cant wait to beat the Hoisiers on January 2nd.

Nothing they said can be easily dismissed. Pruitt did lose games at the end of last season that we should have won. And he lost games (at least one game, for sure) at the beginning of this season that we should have won. And we did beat a lot of teams this year that had a combined losing record.

I would recommend that you stay off of our rivals' message boards and just hang out here where we are all less likely to dwell on unpleasant thoughts.

Why? You can learn a lot on rivals forums though admittedly I don't spend much time looking at any particular Gator forums. I usually read whoever's forum we happen to be playing next but always spot check some of the UGA forums or tidefans at least every other week or so all year long.

gatorshimeGator Great
I was watching ESPN going over the Bowl season and they were saying what a wonderful and great job Pruitt did at U.T. to end the season with 5 straightvwins and to finish 7-5 but, is it really all that great?​
They beat:​
S.Carolina,​
U.A.B.,​
Mizzou,​
U.K. and​
Vandy​
who were a combined 29-32 and if you take away UAB’s 9-4, they beat teams with a combined record of 20-28. Don’t get me wrong, they can keep Jeremy as long as they want as he’s also the coach who lost to Georgia St. to start the year and is IMO, an AWFUL football coach. It just gets to me how all these so-called expert Analysts don’t look at the entire picture. Well besides Heather Dinich who kept saying we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP given our 2 Division 2 schools on our schedule BUT, WAIT, she didn’t bring up how we were the ONLY Power 5 school to play not 1 BUT, 2 Power 5 schools in their out of conference schedule. She’s awful and beyond biased in my humble opinion. I have no problem with female analysts or announcers, just make them knowledgeable like Sam Ponder who knows her stuff.​
1 Wednesday at 11:56 AM

1. Sorry but Mr. Potatohead didn't rescue jack crap. He has been driving that program into the ground if you haven't noticed. He's not recruiting as well as Butch Jones was before him, so the talent level is going down there with every year he stays, not to mention he drove off much of the senior talent that they DID have by blaming those players each and every day he's been on the job for all of Tennessee's woes. It's supposed to be part of his job to protect those players from such criticisms, instead he threw them under the bus on day one in his coaching acceptance speech and has never quit since. He can't develop players. He can't figure out game time adjustments to a game plan. He can't call plays for crap. And his idea of motivating the players is to scream at them.

What did he do this year? He stumbled upon the one and only winning formula he had. He just started throwing hail mary passes on every other down to his 2 senior WR's who just happen to be the only NFL talent left on that team. Those 2 guys bailed the entire program out this year and it only took him a year and a half to realize that all he had to do was throw it deep on every single play to one of them and they usually will catch it or get a penalty against the D. Well guess what, those 2 guys are gone now. He has nothing left in his bag of tricks. And let's look real closely at just how pathetic the back end of their season was anyways. A missouri team that won't go to a bowl game. A South carolina team that won't go to a bowl game. A Vandy team that won't go to a bowl game. A Kentucky team that hasn't even had a quarterback playing the position for much of the year. And some token OOC game from the FCS. Yeah that's a real proud turn around. Boasting about that is about the same as boasting that McElwain won the SEC East his first 2 years here even though they were historically the 2 worst years for the East in the SEC Divisional era.

When they fail to go to a bowl game next year, do not be surprised one bit.​
    22 Yesterday at 11:39 PM

This one just that J.J. and Callaway was it? He hasn’t been watching our games to well has he? He thinks Butch Jones recruited better than him. I got news for this person, he hasn’t seen the development of our players this year either. You know it is a bad attitude of a person that’s isn’t to sure of hisself here.😂😂[/QUOTE

Our defense is better than ur offensive post. GTFO!
orange defense means what? Ur defending the orange? Stupid is as stupid does. GBO

We did not lose games at the end of last year that we should of won. We were simply not as good as Missouri and Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back